Enter Leon Parker

Enter Leon Parker

A Chapter by Brendan2k5
"

Angel meets a kid spellcaster just like her.

"

 

---

 

Chapter 15: Enter Leon Parker

 

---

 

 

“Class, say hello to Angel.” My new teacher said when I walked into the classroom. “She will be with us for the rest of the school year. She may look a little different but knowing her family, there’s nothing to worry about.” One of the kids raised his hand.

 

“What’s with the hair color?” he asked. “Did your parents let you dye your hair?”

 

“No.” I replied firmly. “It’s always been white.”

 

“Talk about weird…” another kid remarked. I took that moment read his mind. He and the kid who raised his hand planned to throw milk at me during lunch. I'd have to remember that for later.

 

“Leon, apologize.” The teacher said. “That’s not a nice thing to say to someone who is new, is it?”

 

“No Ms. Osbourne.” Leon replied. “I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.”

 

“Angel, you may take the empty seat next to Haley.” Ms. Osbourne said as she gave me some books.

 

“Ok.” I said before disappearing and reappearing next to my desk. The rest of the class looked at me in surprise.

 

“How’d you do that?” Haley asked me.

 

“It’s a secret.” I replied with a grin. “And magic...”

 

-

 

“Whew, that’s all of it!” I said after I finished organizing my new office. I left Six Flags because I was fed up with the franchise. Every time I made a significant improvement, the suits in Cleveland would change it back. I now worked as the vice principal of the W.B. Mason Elementary School in Boston. It was the same school that Angel was now attending.

 

“Are you all settled?” the principal, Philip Terrance asked as he peeked in.

 

“Why, yes.” I replied with a smile. “Everything’s organized alphabetically, too.”

 

“Impressive!” He exclaimed. “To think you furnished this entire office in just one hour is something else. What’s your secret?”

 

“Like I’d tell you.” I said with a laugh before turning serious. “Do you really want to know?”

 

“Sure.” He said as he sat down.

 

“You’re going to find this a little hard to believe but—“ I started before getting cut off by an explosion. One look out the window told me it came from a house down the street.

 

“Sounds like a house blew up.” Terrance said. “I’ll call the fire department.”

 

“Don’t bother.” I said as I took the briefcase containing my Nebula Shot and Angel’s Meteor Storm Tome from my closet. “Angel and I can handle it.” I went to Angel’s class to get her. The teacher was in the middle of teaching the Primary Colors so I knew Angel wouldn’t miss anything—she read at an adult reading level, after all.

 

“Oh, Ms. Toss!” Angel’s teacher said when she saw me.

 

“I need to borrow Angel for a bit.” I said to her. “It’s an emergency.”

 

“Huh?” Angel replied. “I just got here!”

 

“We’ll be back before you miss anything.” I replied as she walked into the hallway. “When Angel gets back you can pretend she never left.” I said to Ms. Osbourne before following Angel into the hallway.

 

“What’s the emergency?” she asked me as I gave her the Meteor Storm Tome.

 

“Agents of the devil appeared a few doors down from the school.” I replied as we went outside. “My guess is they’re looking for some people to possess.”

 

---

 

“Not on our watch!” I exclaimed. When we reached the source of the blast there was a group of demons waiting for us.

 

“You would do well to go back where you came from.” Mom said as she powered up her Guardian. Immediately they charged us. That proved to be a wasted effort, as the Nebula Shot eradicated them all.

 

“There’s more nearby.” I said before more emerged from the ground. I quickly opened my book and began the spell. “Infinite Powers, I command thee! Destroy the enemy with your awesome power: Blazing Storm!” Mom took cover as a barrage of meteors fell from the sky and pounded the new wave of demons that arrived. When all the demons were gone, I closed the Tome.

 

As the now empty lot burned, mom and I checked to make sure all the demons had been slain. “This time I didn’t need to summon anything.” Mom commented. “Let’s head back to school.” Before we went inside the sound of sirens could be heard. It seemed someone took the liberty of calling the fire department.

 

---

 

“..And that’s what happened.” I said as I finished telling Terrance what had happened outside.

 

“Talk about beating the odds…” He said after hearing the story. “And you say Angel can use magic?”

 

“Why, yes.” I replied as I took the Meteor Storm Tome from my desk. “This book contains the most powerful Fire Magic Spells in the universe. So far, Angel is the only one who has mastered it.”

 

“Impressive.” He said. “I can see now why you keep it locked up. You mentioned there were nine more of these Guardians. Have any of them been found?”

 

“All of them, actually.” I said as I opened the case containing my own. “This weapon is one of them. The remaining eight are in the hands of my husband, some of my older children and very close friends…” Almost immediately I remembered when the ten of us were together with the Guardians and defeated the Fallen Angels.

 

“Are they all in Boston?” Terrance asked, interrupting my thoughts.

 

“At the moment only Angel, Alana, Nick and I are in Boston.” I replied. “Ted’s with his friend Tom in Arizona. My oldest son Fin is in Arkansas, my eldest daughter is in New York City and my second daughter is in Chicago. My stepson and his mother now live in Seattle.”

 

“Thanks for sharing your story.” Terrance finished. “I’ll be sure to make arrangements in case you two need to be away from the building for an extended period of time.”

 

“Thank you.” I replied as I turned to leave the office. “I would only ask for as much.”

 

“Just one more thing, Ann.” Terrance said suddenly. “Did you hear Dexter and Rose were murdered over the weekend?”

 

“WHAT?!” I exclaimed. “They were close friends of Mark Anthony's! When he finds out, he's going to want to find the person responsible.”

 

“He was here while you and Angel were out of the building.” Terrance remarked. “He said something about looking for Angel's brother and then left.”

 

“What the hell does that mean?” I asked. “The only brother he can actually talk to is Fin and he knows where to find him.”

 

“Are you saying Angel has no natural siblings?” Terrance asked.

 

“I know she doesn't.” I replied firmly. “Trust me—there is no one else on this planet who can exude such powerful energy as Angel.”

 

---

 

“I bet you can’t beat me in a race!” Leon said outside.

 

“Try me!” I challenged. After getting into position Haley waited at what would be the finish line.

 

“Go!” Another kid said. With that we both began to run for the goal.

 

“There’s no way I’m losing to a girl!” Leon said before he began to run faster. Soon there was a considerable distance between us.

 

“Come on, Angel!” Haley yelled from the finish line. “You can beat him!”

 

“Time for some magic!” I exclaimed. “Teleport!” With that I reappeared just in front of Haley, winning the race. When Leon caught up he was out of breath.

 

“How’d you do that?” He asked. “I didn’t even see you pass me!”

 

“Well, you never said I couldn’t use magic.” I replied with a look of satisfaction.

 

“He’s got you there, Leon.” Haley added. “Good luck trying to top that.”

 

Heh, maybe I will.” He said as a magic seal began to form beneath his feet. He put his hands together and began chanting a spell.

 

“What the..!” I exclaimed when I recognized the incantation.

 

“Infinite Powers, I command thee! Destroy the enemy with your awesome power: Blazing Storm!” He exclaimed. In the next moment the air was alive with falling meteors. If I didn’t act fast the city would be reduced to ruins in minutes.

 

“What’s that?!” I heard someone yell.

 

“A meteor shower.” I replied. “If I manage to stop this I want to know how you were able to use it, Leon. Haley, get the Vice Principal.”

 

“Why?” she asked.

 

“Just go!” I said as I began a new spell. “By the powers of Earth, Fire, Wind and Water, grant us your impregnable defense—Terra Force Barrier!” With that, a wall of light appeared in the skies and began to absorb the Meteor Shower. I had never used it on one of my own spells before but so far it was working.

 

“Not bad, Angel.” Leon said as the shower continued. “Still, there’s no way you can keep that up and defend yourself at the same time.” I looked and saw that he was about to attack with more magic.

 

“That’s what you think!” I replied as I pointed a finger at him. “Aurabolt!” The blast knocked him into the building, causing the shower to stop at last. Satisfied, I dropped the barrier as well. With that no damage had been done to the city. I then walked over to Leon to make sure he wasn’t dead.

 

“What happened?” I heard mom say as she came running with Haley. Then she saw Leon lying against the building and not moving. “Did you do something to him, Angel?”

 

“He tried to kill me!” I exclaimed. “Well, first he created a Meteor Shower and then he tried to kill me when I stopped it.”

 

“It’s true.” Haley said. “He made all these things from the sky fall and then Angel stopped it with magic.” Mom shot me a look of surprise. Although I promised I wouldn’t use magic in front of the other kids, this was an exceptional case. Still, this was my first day of school.

 

“I’m going to need you to come to my office, Angel.” Said Mom as she picked up Leon. “We have some things to discuss…”

 

---

 

“...And that’s what happened.” She finished. Having heard the story twice I still could not believe it.

 

“But…how is it possible?” I asked. “You and I are the only ones who’ve seen the inside of that Tome. Assuming Leon has magical powers, this is your first day here and the one time you used the book today, you weren’t even in the building.”

 

“I’m…psychic…” I heard Leon say as he regained consciousness. “Even after you left I was able to find out what Angel was doing by reading her mind. It just so happened that when I read her mind she was reading the incantation for Meteor Storm.”

 

“That explains why he couldn’t stop the spell on his own.” I replied. “He only knew how to activate it but Meteor Storm is a continuous spell until the caster stops it.”

 

“I see you're impressed.” Leon said with a smile. “From the moment you walked into the classroom I knew you were a spellcaster. Up until earlier I just didn’t know how strong you were.”

 

“Does anyone else know you can use magic?” I asked him.

 

“Just my brother Kyle,” He replied. “I’ve been able to use magic for as long as I can remember. It just came natural. I did some research and found out about the four bases of Terra Magic and set to work mastering them. Until I met you, Angel I was sure I was the most powerful Spellcaster in the city.”

 

“That saves the long-winded explanation.” Angel remarked. “I’m currently the only person alive who has mastered Terra Magic and Soul Force Energy in all its forms but unlike you, I was literally born to be the best there is. There are four bases of Soul Force Energy, which are Holy, Dark, Time and Mind and their power is mine to command..”

 

“You're kidding!?” Leon exclaimed in shock. “How can that be possible?!”

 

“The difference is Angel has mastered Meteor Storm and you merely copied it.” I replied. “Perhaps later I will allow Angel to teach you some.”

 

“Really?” Angel asked me in surprise.

 

“Only under my supervision.” I replied with a grin. “Now you two need to get back to class now. This pass should admit you.”

 

---

 

At the end of the day I couldn’t believe all that had happened on the first day of school. I thought I’d be bored and depressed but I found someone who was almost my equal in magic. Maybe later we’d have a magician's duel to see who was better spellcaster. As me and mom walked home I was already looking forward to tomorrow. “Say mom, do you think you could teach me to Summon?” I asked. “I’m already a master of Terra Magic and I was thinking that could be my next big challenge.”

 

“Summoning is a lot more complicated than I make it look, you know.” She replied. “It took me 10 years to master the art of Summoning. No. When you get older I’ll train you. This could be too much for you right now.”

 

“I promise I will be careful!” I exclaimed. “You already know I’m pretty responsible for my age. I’m sure I’ll have it mastered in no time!”

 

“Oh, really?” She remarked when we got home. “I’ve got something I want to show you.” She led the way into the library and opened a safe hidden behind a painting. She took out a rather old-looking book and led the way outside.

 

“What’s that?” I asked her.

 

“You’ll see.” She replied. “Just make sure you have Meteor Storm ready just in case.” My heart nearly stopped when she said that.

 

“What are you going to do?” I asked as mom lit thirteen candles.

 

“I call upon the power of The Fallen Angel!” She started as she read the book. “Hear me and answer my call! Guide back to this world of the living the soul of Angel’s real mother!” A huge Summoning Seal appeared in the yard and enveloped the candles. Thirteen lights danced around mom before they merged together and created the image of my birth mother.

 

“Mom?” I asked in disbelief.

 

“Who are you to have brought my bodiless soul here?” she asked. “And where is my daughter?”

 

---

 

“My apologies.” I said to what was now the astral form of Angel’s birth mother. “I know your time is limited here but I wanted you to see your daughter, Angela.”

 

“Is that you, mom?” Angel said as she approached her birth mother’s ghost. When she tried to touch her, her hands went through her.

 

“As I said before, her time here is short.” I explained before she could ask. “You’d best start talking with her before time runs out.”

 

“I’ve missed you so much, my daughter.” Angel’s mother said. “When I died I was sure you would share my fate but I am so happy you didn’t.”

 

“Why must we be separated?” Angel asked. “Is there anything that can be done to bring her back? I don’t want to loose her again…”

 

“People don’t live forever, my dear.” Angel’s mother replied. “Although our time together was shortened dramatically I am happy to see that you, at the least are doing well. Ann is obviously taking such good care of you. Oh...where is that brother of yours? I thought you would be together?”

 

“Brother?” I trailed. “Mark Anthony and Fin never met you.”

 

“Not them--my son.” Angel's mother explained. That’s when she began to fade before us. “He goes by the name Z... H...W... or something like that...”

 

“I don’t want to loose you again.” Angel said as she began to cry. “Please, stay!”

 

“It looks like my time is up.” Angel's mother said before disappearing from sight. “Remember my last words to you my Angel…live!”

 

“Wait!” I said. “You mean Angel wasn't your only child? Did he survive the destruction of the Togo Institution?”

 

“You must find your brother Angel--!” Angel's mother said before I lost her completely.

 

--

 

“I drained a lot of Force Energy doing that…” Mom said afterwards.

 

“That was my mother…” I trailed as I began to take everything in. “She’s really gone…”

 

“This is the Forbidden Book of Darkness.” Said mom as she closed the book. “I found it shortly after we took out Lycos’ followers. When I discovered it had the power to amplify the power of The Prince of Darkness, I locked it in that safe and swore not to let another living soul know of its existence.”

 

“Until now.” I said. “What made you change your mind?”

 

“I needed the power of this Accursed Book to bring your mother’s soul here from where it resides.” She replied. “If not, I’m not sure I’d be standing here right now. At the least, we found out there's another person on this planet as powerful as you...”

 

“And where is my mother’s soul?” I asked, although I was sure I already knew the answer.

 

“It belongs to the devil, who took over what used to be Lycos’ Domain.” She replied. “I don’t have a contract with the Evil One so that was the only way I would be able to summon her. Believe me when I say no one would ever want to be in league with the Devil.”

 

“I see…” I replied, deep in thought. “And what of my...brother...?”

 

“I know that look!” Mom exclaimed suddenly. “Promise me you will not summon Lucifer. Doing so could trigger Armageddon, resulting in the death of millions. Promise me!”

 

“I promise!” I replied, scared beyond all comprehension. The look of despair on her face told me life as I knew it would end if I even thought of using the Forbidden Book.

 

“Good.” She said. “Still, I’m going to seal this book with Magic. This way, anyone intending to use it for evil will never get the chance.” With that, she went back inside.

 

“Is that really the only way I can get my mother?!” I said out loud. “If only I knew how to find my brother...”

 

“Of course it isn’t the only way…” a new voice said. I turned and saw a man dressed in an ebony robe and wielding a scythe. The sight of him made me shudder. “And if you want, I can help you find your brother.”

 

“Who are you?” I asked him as I held onto Meteor Storm.

 

“A fellow Spellcaster and Summoner who wishes to help you.” He replied and then added “I’m sorry for eavesdropping but your story touched my heart. It’s so sad the way your mother was killed in Korea.”

 

“How do you know about that?” I asked with suspicion. “Me, my brother, new mother and my new father and his friends were the only ones who walked away from that place! I know you're not my brother because we'd have the same type of aura about us!”

 

“As I said, I overheard your conversation.” He repeated calmly. “And if you’d like, I can bring her back for you. All we need is a body.”

 

“My birth mother’s body was burned to ashes after she was killed.” I said. “I doubt there’s anyone around here who can make one…”

 

“Easily fixed,” The man replied with a smirk. With a snap of his fingers a body appeared before us and it looked just like my mother before she was killed. He then started chanting some sort of incantation I’d never heard before. “Arise, wretched soul from the fires of hell! Come to me, your Master and do my bidding!” Moments later a magic seal appeared under the body. A strange red light enveloped it and after awhile the figure stirred to life. I could not believe it what I was seeing.

 

“Did it work?!” I asked in surprise.

 

“Where…?” The figure asked. “How did I get here…?”

 

“Mom, you’re back!” I exclaimed, recognizing her voice right away.

 

“What’s going on out here?” I heard my current mother ask as she came outside. When she entered the backyard, she exploded.

 

---

 

“Angel, get back!” I exclaimed, recognizing the man’s dark energy almost instantly. “That man is very dangerous!”

 

“He just brought my mother back!” She exclaimed. “The book wasn’t needed, either!”

 

“That’s because he’s the Devil!” I replied as I pointed the Nebula Shot at him. “Such a thing would be effortless for him! Now get out of the way!” I fired off several shots that sent the Prince of Darkness flying into the air. When he landed, his black wings were visible. It seemed I’d started to reveal his true form. “You’ll pay for trying to use my daughter! Die!”

 

“Not today!” I heard Angel’s real mother say before taking the hits. She never had a chance. The next thing I heard was Angel shriek in horror.

 

“MOM!” she exclaimed.

 

“Angel, your real mother is dead.” I said as I reloaded my Guardian Weapon. “Only a Holy Man can revive someone and except for Jenna, that hasn’t been done in over 2,000 years.”

 

“She’s gone…” Angel said, still in shock.

 

“I know all too well what it’s like to loose someone close to you.” I said to her. “Look—after we take care of Lucifer we can talk.”

 

“Who said anything about that?” Lucifer asked as he raised his Scythe above Angel. “I’ll kill you all!” I quickly shot him square in the chest, knocking him back. He roared in agony.

 

“Damn…only one person can really kill him.” I said when I saw his wounds beginning to heal. “Still, I can send you right back where you came from!” I put my Guardian Weapon down and began to summon Michael, head of the Angels in Heaven. “Divine Power, grant me thy strength! I summon you, Michael!”

 

“It can’t be…!” Satan exclaimed.

 

“Return to the depths of hell from whence you came!” Michael said before impaling him with his Holy Lance. We watched as the ground opened up, revealing the very gates of the underworld.

 

“Fine…” He replied with a sneer. “Mark my words—I’ll be back!” With that he jumped into the hole before it closed up again.

 

“I think…I need to lie down…” Angel said before fainting.

 

“Sorry you had to see that.” I said as I picked her up. “May it never bother you again.”

 



© 2008 Brendan2k5


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on February 21, 2008


Author

Brendan2k5
Brendan2k5

Boston, MA



About
I'm a Writery by hobby and up until recently my work has only been up for public viewing at my own website and Fictionpress. I've written many stories since 8th Grade and have decided to bring my newe.. more..

Writing
Backlash Backlash

A Chapter by Brendan2k5


Pardoning Pardoning

A Chapter by Brendan2k5