Daughter of Eve

Daughter of Eve

A Chapter by Brendan2k5
"

On his way to Fin's House, Ted has an encounter with three assassins. After killing two of them, he takes the third with him back to Tom's Base.

"

 

---

 

Chapter 12: Daughter of Eve

 

---

 

“Daughter?” Tom asked me. “Katrin got pregnant again?”

 

“According to her, Fin and Gina yes.” I replied. “From what Fin told me she actually had Octuplets but seven of them are living on Kyomora with Prince Midas and her firstborn, Talen. I’ve never seen Evelyn but apparently she, too grows at an accelerated rate like her big brother.”

 

“Maybe Katrin’s being forced to do this.” Marina suggested. “I can’t see her wanting to kidnap me, Gina and Sheena.”

 

“Well, she is a hybrid now, albeit synthetically.” I said. “Apparently when she was pregnant with Talen some of Midas’ DNA altered hers and she has inherited some of his abilities through mitosis. Whoever is behind this obviously knows a lot about us as well. Now I’m really starting to worry for Gina’s safety. I’m going to try to find Fin and let him know what’s going on. After that I’m going to see if I can find Katrin. Tom, be on your guard with Marina and give Eve my regards.”

 

“Of course,” He replied as I went outside and revealed my wings. “Fly safe now!” I flew east from Arizona to Arkansas, were Fin still lived. As I flew over Texas I spotted the Alamo and could not see anything out of the ordinary. This meant Katrin had Sheena somewhere for the time being.

 

“Yo, Ted!” I suddenly heard someone say. I turned and saw that I was being followed by three people—all of which were flying just like me.

 

“What the f**k?!” I exclaimed when they teleported in front of me. “Who are you?”

 

“That won’t matter much once we’ve taken care of you!” The same person said before knocking me into the earth with a drop kick. Had I not been turned into an Arch Angel there was no way I could’ve survived the fall. I got to my feet and drew my blade.

 

“Ok, what names should be put on your headstones?” I asked as I drew Force Energy with which to strike. “Because when I’m done with you, this will be your final resting place!”

 

“Big words from a powerless human.” one of them said. “My name is Kanji and I am a Hybrid. Me and my companions Julie and Boomer are more than enough to defeat you!”

 

“Before we cross swords, just tell me how the f**k you know who I am.” I replied. “And what makes you think I’ll be easy?”

 

“Our Leader has been keeping tabs on you, Tom and your entire family.” Boomer replied. “In order for her vision of a new world order to happen, all opposition must be disposed of—starting with you!”

 

“As for the easy part, not even those wings of yours will help you much.” Kanji added. “Now prepare to die!” All three of them lunged forward at the same time I did. I parried Kanji's’s attack and then knocked him down. Immediately I knocked Boomer off his feet throttled him into one of the rock formations nearby. It shattered and collapsed on impact.

 

“Hyper Energy Slash!” I said as I struck Julie with a volley of slashes, ending with a blow that sent her crashing into the earth, making a crater. This left only Kanji, the leader. “You’re next!” I said as I prepared my next attack.

 

“That’s what you think!” He said as he put his hands together and launched fire at me. I jumped out of the way and got evasive. That’s when I remembered my Force Element was Water and put my sword away.

 

“You know, planning gets in the way of execution.” I said as I launched myself into the air. “Let’s see you stop this—AURA CANNON!” I cupped my hands and launched the most powerful beam attack I knew for one on one combat. At full power I could easily carve a hole through the center of the earth.

 

“Room for one more?” I heard Boomer say as he closed in fast and ready to strike.

 

“Wait your turn, smartass!” I exclaimed before knocking him back with a quick Energy Slash without breaking my concentration. “You’re next!” With that I increased the power on Kanji and it quickly overtook him.

 

“How could I lose to a mere human?” He said as his body began to disintegrate. “You’re...you're...not supposed to be this strong…” After finishing him off I turned to Boomer, who stood up in time to see his comrade destroyed.

 

“You’re next!” I exclaimed as I drew my sword and rushed him.

 

“Forgetting someone?” I heard Julie say right before she jumped on my back. I grabbed her with one arm and violently threw her back where she came from but this time I hit her with another Hyper Energy Slash along the way. I returned my attention to Boomer just in time get hit with a tree he uprooted. I used my wings to stop the fall and decided to take him out with one blow.

 

“You’re not the only one who likes to swat things.” I said after touching down. “Now die!” With one swing I cut Boomer clean in half. I hit him so hard he dropped the tree he was holding almost immediately.

 

“So much for being all-powerful.” I scoffed as I checked on the female I knocked back into a crater. Right when I reached the opening she shot out ground and flew east—right where I was going. “Not so fast!” I said as I gave chase. I quickly caught up to her and put her in a choke hold.

 

“I’m only going to say this once.” I said as I put on more pressure. “Who sent you and why?”

 

“I’ll never tell you!” She snapped. “Go ahead and finish me.” I then squeezed the veins and nerves in her neck so sharply and with such force that she was knocked unconscious almost immediately. So far this Hybrid called Julie was our best lead and I had no intention of making her a martyr. I decided to just dragged her limp body with me all the way to Little Rock.

 

---

 

“Why aren’t they in a hospital?” I asked Eve when we were back in her office. “That isn’t the place for them to be with them looking like that!”

 

“What are you talking about?” She replied dismissively. “Women have been giving birth without medical intervention since the dawn of time. They’ll be fine.”

 

“Not those women.” I said. “My sister treated someone just like them not too long ago in New York. The poor girl almost died.”

 

“You’ve said it yourself, Katrin.” Eve replied. “These women will be fine once the babies are born, and what babies will they be! Just imagine—a full-grown army within a matter of days!”

 

“Way ahead of you, lady.” I replied with a smirk. “Or have you forgotten you have something of mine?”

 

“And you’ll get her back when I feel your services are no longer needed.” Eve shot back. “You may be a Hybrid of another breed but I know you wouldn’t dare do anything that might result in the harm of—“

 

“If you even consider that, my husband and 3000 of his best soldiers will come to annihilate you!” I exclaimed. “Trust me when I saw inciting the wrath of Kyomora is the last thing you want to do.”

 

“You’d better be prepared to back up such talk, my dear.” She replied sternly. “Remember—your father and his friends think you’re behind the kidnappings. If you try to go to him for help he’ll never believe you.”

 

“That’s nice, but you’re forgetting one important thing.” I replied with a grin. “One very important detail, at that.”

 

“And what would that be?” She asked.

 

“Midas isn't the only person you should be worried about.” I replied. “There's Kyomora's Champion as well.” Right then, shots rang out in the hallway. Moments later one of Eve’s lackeys came in.

 

“Madam, there is an intruder!” he exclaimed.

 

“Then kill him, you fool!” she roared.

 

“Talen can’t be killed with bullets.” I said with a laugh. “They’ll just bounce off of him.”

 

“Oh, we’ll find a way.” Eve replied as she rose to leave the room. “I’ll be back with your son’s dead body momentarily.”

 

---

 

 

“Fin!” I shouted after touching down in front of his house. I opened the door and saw the house had been the scene of a fight not too long ago. I put Julie down and looked around frantically, fearing the worst. When I went into the kitchen I almost fell into the basement, as most of the floor was missing. “Damn it!” I exclaimed in frustration. When I went back into the living room I saw an arm shoot out of some rubble. I ran over and cleared it away, revealing Fin.

 

“Dad...?” He said in surprise.

 

“Damn it, I’m too late.” I said as I helped him up. “You okay?”

 

“They took her.” he said. “I tried to stop them but they were too strong…”

 

“It’s ok.” I replied when I saw the same message that was posted in Zeke’s hotel room. “I ran into some of the same people on the way here and captured one of them. I’m taking her back to base to see if Ed can get anything useful out of her. You’re welcome to tag along.”

 

“Wait,” He said before going upstairs. A moment later he returned. “This time I want to be ready.” He said as he displayed the Astra Bands.

 

“Let’s go.” I said as I hoisted Julie on one shoulder and walked out the door.

 

--

 

“That’s just unbelievable…” I said once we were all in the Command Room at the base. Fin and Ted had just finished informing me of the latest development. “First Sheena and now Gina—she must be serious.”

 

“I can’t believe Katrin’s behind all this.” Fin added. “I refuse to accept that. I mean what the hell? She's my twin sister! I don’t know who put her up to this but whoever it is will pay dearly.”

 

“I couldn’t agree more.” Heat replied. “I’ve got some payback to give for their taking my sister.”

 

“How’s our new friend doing?” I asked Ted, who was monitoring her via Webcam. She was locked in a storage room a few doors down from us.

 

“She looks to be ok.” He replied as he waved Ed over. “Remember—she’s as strong as any one of us. Don’t hesitate to use force to subdue her.”

 

 

“Do I have permission to kill her if need be?” He asked.

 

“No.” I replied. “I will be present to supervise the interrogation. Unless I give the order you are not to use lethal force. Let’s go.” Ed grabbed his equipment and followed me out and into the hall. We walked over to the room where the prisoner was being kept and opened the door. When we walked into the room the woman was sitting tied to a chair at the back of the room.

 

“Where am I?” She asked me.

 

“You’re on the Tomiko Mercenary Base.” I replied. “I am Tomiko Morado, the commander. My friend Ed Ross here and I will be your interrogators. Answer truthfully and I promise the pain will only be minimal.” At this Ed kicked the chair over and grabbed one of her handcuffed hands.

 

“What do you plan to do with me?” She asked.

 

“At the moment we have no plans on killing you if that’s what you’re thinking.” I started as I sat down opposite her. “My man Ted Toss tells me his daughter and some of your people are doing a series of kidnappings and my wife is supposed to be next. I want to know who you people are and what you plan to do with Marina and the others. Before we do all that, let’s start with a name.”

 

“My name is Julie Frost.” She said. “Myself and those your friend killed are an advanced form of human. Scientifically, we would be named Neo Sapiens but we have taken a liking to the name ‘Super Hybrids’.”

 

“I take it then that you know about Katrina’s condition, then?” I asked.

 

“Of course,” Julie replied. “How else do you think we knew about all of you?”

 

“Introductions aside, how about you tell me what you and your friends were doing when you ran into Ted?” I asked. I nodded to Ed, who put a monkey wrench between one of her fingers.

 

“Just buying time.” She replied very calmly. “In the time it took for Ted to stop us, another team had already grabbed Gina and left. All that’s left is your wife, Marina. Our leader needs at least one of the subjects to be a Hybrid like her.”

 

“Hybrid?” I asked. “What are you talking about?”

 

“Maybe you should be asking Marina that question.” She retorted. “It seems there's something she has yet to tell you.” I signaled Ed, who proceeded to crush one of her fingers with the monkey wrench. She showed no signs of even feeling it.

 

“You’re the one I’m asking right now.” I said. “Say that again and you’ll need a new hand!”

 

“Even if you break if off, a new one will grow in within minutes.” She replied. That’s when Ed severed her finger completely.

 

“I’m not the kind of guy you want to f**k around with.” Ed said as he broke off more fingers. Again, showed no signs of distress. I noticed this made Ed work more calmly.

 

“Marina is a marine-human Hybrid.” Julie replied. “She was created in a lab in the South Pacific. It's rumored she and a man named Abyssion Highwind are brother and sister. Abyssion himself is a Nephilim so that would mean Marina is one in some capacity as well. On the outside she looks like a regular human but her actual makeup is really quite different. It’s actually really fascinating.”

 

“Just how many of you are there?” I asked.

 

“Even if I told you, you wouldn’t believe me.” She replied.

 

“Try me.” I said before Ed started on her other hand. “I like to know what I’m up against.”

 

“I’d like to see you take on five hundred thousand.” Julie replied. “That’s how many you can expect in the next few days. In a matter of weeks it will be in the millions and by this time next month—“

 

“They’ll be as many of you as us or more.” I finished.

 

“And in case you’re wondering, there is nothing you can do to stop it.” She added.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll find a way.” I replied. “Even if I have to go through this leader of yours I will.” I signaled Ed, who stood up and walked to the door. “If not me then Ted will just blow your people sky high.”

 

“Before you go, there is something else you should know.” Julie said as I turned to go. When I looked back I watched in surprise as her hands grew new fingers right where they’d been cut. “Killing my kind will not be easy.”

 

---

 

“So, how did it go?” Dad asked Tom when he returned with Ed.

 

“I assume you didn’t see her grow new fingers, then?” He replied with a shudder. “Just how did you kill her buddies before, anyway?”

 

“The first guy fell to an Aura Cannon attack.” Dad started. “As for the other, I cut him clean in half with the Time Blade.”

 

“At least we know they’re not invincible.” I said. “A lot might be a challenge, though.”

 

“I’ve yet to meet an opponent I couldn’t beat.” Dad said confidently. “I didn’t even use my full power when I beat those other two.”

 

“I think we should take advantage of the situation.” Said Tom. “According to what Julie told me they breed like cockroaches. In a month’s time we could be overrun with these Super Hybrids. I don’t know about the rest of you but I don’t plan on hosting a large-scale war on this planet.”

 

“The feeling is mutual.” Dad replied. “I wonder if any of the Super Hybrids would be willing to switch sides. If we had a considerable amount of them fighting for us the rest may be unwilling to fight some of their own—I plan on talking to Julie myself.”

 

“You have a plan.” I remarked. “What is it?”

 

“If I told you, I’d have to kill you.” He replied as he picked up his sword. “Turn off the camera. I want to be alone with her.”

 

“What, are you gonna have sex with her?” Tom asked sarcastically.

 

“That’s the plan, actually.” Dad replied. “And don’t even think about telling Ann or Terra!”

 

---

 

The following day, Eve told me she had some business with Dad and requested I come along with Talen and Evelyn. “What could be the matter?” I asked her as we drove to the base. “You’ve spoken to my father many times before.”

 

“Yes, but this time things are serious.” She replied. “They’ve taken a hostage. Because of this we’re moving up our exchange—Marina and Julie Frost for your children.”

 

“My father doesn’t negotiate with terrorists!” I exclaimed. “That’s exactly what you are!”

 

“When he sees you he’ll change his mind.” She said as we exited the car. “Now move.” I led the way into the base and through the halls. When we reached Tom’s office the door was open. We looked inside to find no one there. I decided to check the Command Room next when I heard someone coming down the hall and closed Tom’s office door. I turned and saw my father and a young woman—presumably Julie Frost—coming towards us. When they came closer I noticed the woman looked pregnant.

 

No....he didn't!

 

“And to think I thought you forgot about me.” Eve said with a smile. “Is this your wife?”

 

“No, just a new recruit.” He replied with a laugh. “We’re always looking for new members, after all.”

 

“Would that be her or the baby she’s carrying?” Eve asked in similar fashion.

 

“Both, I hope.” He replied before turning serious. “Her name’s Julie. “If you’re looking for Tom, his wife just went into labor upstairs. It’ll just be me this time, I’m afraid.”

 

“That’s too bad.” She replied, not bothering to mask the look of disappointment on her face. If Marina was having her baby now then would this mean only one of my kids would be let go? “Let’s just get down to business then.” Eve said as Dad and Julie led the way into another room. This room had a few tables and chairs set up already in preparation for something, though I didn’t know what.

 

The most striking part of the room was the two caskets that lay in the middle of it. Either Tom was asked to hide some bodies or a few members of the team just died. “I’m sorry about the choice of centerpieces.” Dad said, regarding thee caskets. “The guys in those boxes died in a fight against me. Tom’s wife was actually going to perform the autopsy but it seems that’ll have to wait now.”

 

“Did you know who they were?” Eve asked him.

 

“Not a clue.” He replied. “We’re still trying to find out using DNA to see just who they are.” That’s when he noticed me for the first time. “I didn’t know you knew my oldest daughter. What a small world we live in.”

 

“Funny you should say that.” Eve said, gesturing to Talen and Evelyn. “These are your grandchildren, yes?”

 

---

 

“I hope so.” I said in shock. Having never seen them before, I had no idea what they looked like, nor what to expect based on what Katrin told me about them. Looking at them reminded me of Katrin and Fin when they were younger. “Katrin, why didn’t you tell me you were coming with them?”

 

“I...wanted to surprise you.” She replied as she walked over to me. “Can I speak with you alone for a minute?” The look she gave me told me this was urgent.

 

“Do you mind?” I asked Eve.

 

“Sure, I can wait here with the kids.” She replied as she watched us.

 

“Alright then.” I said before turning to Julie. “Can you wait here or do you want to go to the other room?”

 

“I’ll just sit here.” She replied. “I’ll be here when you get back.” Me and Katrin went into the hall and closed the door.

 

“Please tell me you weren’t the one who kidnapped Gina and Sheena.” I started.

 

“Of course not!” she exclaimed. “The Super Hybrids did.”

 

“You know about them?” I asked with a look of surprise. “Where are they located?”

 

“Their leader is in that room with your friend and my children.” Katrin replied. “While Eve has been contracting jobs to you and Tom, on the side she’s also been building up an army with which to take over the world.”

 

“I see…” I said as many things began to make sense all of a sudden. “I still don’t get why she wanted Osama bin Laden dead, though.”

 

“That was just to divert your attention while Sheena was kidnapped.” Katrin replied. “Those Super Hybrids are something else, aren’t they? The ironic part about them is they can use Force Energy, too.”

 

“That’s impossible.” I said dismissively. “Normally, only those who can use it activate the power in another person. Even after it’s been made active, if the subject has a baby then that child still needs to have it reach a certain level of maturity first. Of course, Both your mother and I as well as Angel are exceptions to this but...wow.”

 

“These guys are different.” She explained. “One of them is equal to ten of us in every aspect imaginable. They can even breathe in space.”

 

“Well, we at the least know they can be killed.” I said. “Those coffins have two of them. The lady you saw me with is the third.”

 

“She pregnant, isn’t she?” Katrin asked me. “Super Hybrids have a 3-week gestation period that always results in a multiple birth. Since they can also freely control what in humans are involuntary functions such as heart rate and neural activity, they can go full-term in a matter of hours.”

 

“To answer your question, yes.” I replied. “Not only that, I am the father. The way I figure it, when she gives birth the children can be trained to fight for us when the time comes. I know this goes without saying but please don’t tell your mom or Terra.”

 

“I think we should go back in now.” Katrin said suddenly and very quietly.

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“We originally came because Eve wanted to exchange Talen and Evelyn’s freedom for Julie and Marina.” She replied. “She’ll get suspicious if we stay out here too long.” When we re-entered the room, Talen and Evelyn were there but Julie and Eve were not.

 

“That’s strange.” I said after checking the entire room. “That door’s the only way out of the room.”

 

“She can teleport just like you.” Katrin replied. “She must’ve grabbed Julie before leaving.”

 

“This is bad…” I trailed after confirming they were both really gone.

 



© 2008 Brendan2k5


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 20, 2008


Author

Brendan2k5
Brendan2k5

Boston, MA



About
I'm a Writery by hobby and up until recently my work has only been up for public viewing at my own website and Fictionpress. I've written many stories since 8th Grade and have decided to bring my newe.. more..

Writing
Backlash Backlash

A Chapter by Brendan2k5


Pardoning Pardoning

A Chapter by Brendan2k5