The Tests Begin

The Tests Begin

A Chapter by Lino Rie

I started hearing machinery as my senses returned. I can't see yet but I could finally hear and fell again. I tried to move my arms but something wouldn't allow it to move. I tried my legs but they wouldn't move ether. I tried to open my eyes and when they opened I saw a room so white that I thought it was limbo or something. I looked down to see what in the world was keeping me from moving.Then I saw I was strapped to a table that was slightly tipped up. I blinked and looked around the room and saw I wasn't alone. There was about nine different people in white lab coats in the room writing something on their clipboards. 
"Aw, our little lab rats awake," a man siting next to me said.

"What's going on."

"No one told you? Your father and mother agreed to donate you to use if your father didn't succeed in our tests," he says with a smirk on his face.

"What tests? My father went to fight in the war."

"So she didn't tell you," he laughs "this is to good," he takes his specks off to clean them.

One of the many what I think are scientist comes up to him and hands him a clipboard. He puts his glass back on and flips through the pages.

" Silvia, is it," I node " we will been testing the effects of animal DNA in humans and your our lucky test-subject."

My eyes widen and I try to struggle out of the straps. 

"Now, Now. Don't do that you'll hurt yourself," he grabs my check and turns my head to look at him.

I notice that he looks about my age and has jet black hair. I look down to see if he's wearing any kind of identification. I see a silver rectangle that had the name Lance Owen Lee engraved in it.

"It seems that you have calmed down enough," he stands in front of the table "we will be test the effects of a special kind of DNA today."

"I don't want any part in this madness," I say as try to think of a way to get out of here.

"Sadly, you don't have a choice. I don't even have a choice to do this or not. It's part of my contract so I have to do what ever they tell me."

"What?" 

He rubs his temples and starts to speak again,"I don't want to do this and doesn't help that your a girl."

I don't get it if he didn't want to do this then why doesn't he quiet? If he know what was going to happen then why did he do it any way?

"That's enough talking. I will be showing you the animal that the DNA will be coming from."

He pulled a lever that was on the was right beside him and the table I was strapped to tilted me up so that I could see better. then he turned the table and went to the glass that had a white curtain and slid it away. I was shocked at what I saw. It was a wolf with white fur and wings! Wings! Something you don't see every day. Acutely something you don't see at all.


© 2013 Lino Rie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice work! Although I was thinking of writing something like this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Well I guess I bet you to it.
Very imaginative writing, that keeps the reader interested. Good job ! There are some spelling errors to be corrected, but that is not pertinent to the overall result of your writing... I really like it !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on January 24, 2013


Author

Lino Rie
Lino Rie

Williams, MN



About
I'm a girl who has little confidence and almost no talent. I'm 19 and have long blonde hair and blue eyes. My fears include: spiders, needles, not doing things right, disappointing others, and be.. more..

Writing
I am... I am...

A Poem by Lino Rie