The Next Day Every Thing Changes.

The Next Day Every Thing Changes.

A Chapter by Lino Rie
"

Things get crazy.

"
I wake up to my alarm clocks loud and annoying ring. I slap it hard enough to shut it of and get up to get dressed for school. I open my closet to see what I had left of good clothes. All I could find was my pink period clothes. This isn't good. I haven't used these since Freshman year, but it's all I had so I grabbed the lest of the evils which was a hot pink dress I wore to my first high school dance. It's going to be so humiliating if someone sees the whole dress. At lest I can kinda hid it with my leather jacket. I hope that I still fit in it other wise I'll have to wear the light pink top and skirt. I put it on and it fits perfectly I just wish it wasn't pink. I like the color and all but people always made fun of how I looked in it. 
I run done the stairs and look for my leather jacket and see Henry putting it in a pail of water. He has done it this time. I'm going to strangle him. I go to him, grab a had full of hair and pull him into the kitchen. I see mom setting the table and put breakfast on our plates, which happens to be french toast again.
"Mom, Henry put my only good coat in a bucket of water!" 
"I was trying to clean it."
"You don't clean leather by soaking it in water."
"I didn't know!"
I let go of his hair and go back to the pail of water and grab my jacket and put it in the laundry room to dry on a line over a bigger pail. I storm back into the kitchen and sit in my usual spot. Mom looks at me with confusion. Then I remember that i'm not wearing my usual dark clothing with wolves on them.
"Why are you dressed up?" Henry says betting mom to the question.
"This is all I had."
I start eating my breakfast. I hope I can finish early so that I can see if I have another jacket in my closet. Then Henry also went straight to eating as well. I finish and am about to run up the stairs, but....
"Why don't you use my jacket? It would look great with your dress." 
I look at the coat rake and see her small, black dressy coat. I almost tell here no but she had that look on her face that said do it or I will be sad all day.
"Fine!"
I grab her coat and put it on. Then I look to see if Henry tried to clean my shoes and see that they weren't there.
"What did you do with my shoes!"
"I throw them away." mom said.
"Why?"
 "They were falling apart so I throw them away. Use a different pair of shoes like these." She holds up a pair of high heel wedges.
I'm so dead. I'm going to be the laughing stock of the entire school! I grab them out of her hand and put them on. Luckily I can walk in high heels. I walk to my backpack and pick it up. 
"I'm going to the bus early."
Then I walk out.

~~~

I sit on the bunch at the bus stop and weight for it to arrive so I can get the day of humiliation done with. I slouch so that if the others at or bus stop come today might not see me. Then I see him. Jens. He walks so smoothly that I wish I wasn't dressed like a pink powder puff. He glances at me and stares at me. When he notices that I can see him he quickly looks away. I knew it. I look ridicules in this hot pink mess. 

I see that all the people at the bus stop are here today and they all turn occasionally and look at me then chatter about me.
At least I assume their talking about me. A guy sits next to me and tries not to look at me. I bet one of his friends dared him to sit by the Hot pink loser sitting on the bench. I just ignore them and act like I don't hear or see them. The bus comes and I get on the bus and see that the only open spot is the one next to Jens. I sat next to him and put my arm and hand in front of my face so he wouldn't recognize me. Even though I know it was to late to hid my identity. I hope this day will go by fast.

~~~


I walk into the school and take a seat at my usual table and hid my face in my backpack. I hope no one will notice me but that would be to much to ask. About five jocks were walking by and about to take there sets at the Sports Junkies table when one of them saw me and changed his course. When he did so did his, what could have been his twin, friend. They sat across from me and talked to each other. I glanced at the two and noticed they were talking to me.
"Are you new here?" The one that was the first to turn around asked.
"No." I say shocked that he didn't recognize me.
"I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen you before." 
"I'm Silvia." they look at me and don't even flinch at the name.
"Silvia Rohall. Been here all my life. The emo girl...."
"Doesn't ring a bell."
The bell rings and I walk to my locker and continue with my day.
~~~

When I get home I quickly run up the stairs and don't come done. I hear mom asking me to come down but I ignore her plea. Then I hear our front door slam open and hear a stamped of feet march up the stairs. I take my face out of my pillow and look to my door and find my door being kicked open by people in suites. I jump at the bang of the door against the wall. They surround my bed within seconds and I see mom at the door of the bed room. 

"What's going on!?" 

"SILVIA ROHALL. YOU ARE NOW PROPERTY OF THE TESTING FACILITIES OF MN. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO COME WITH US OR BE DRAGGED OUT AGAINST YOUR WILL." one of the men said in an emotionless voice. 

"I'm sorry sweetie. I couldn't stop them." mom says crying.

I dig my nails in to my mattress as they start to get closer to it. What's going on. This is the worst day ever. One of them grabs my arm and pulls. I don't let go of my mattress. Another takes a gun out and I think I hear it fire before something hits me in the back of the head and nocks me out.


© 2012 Lino Rie


Author's Note

Lino Rie
So Comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good twist. I would suggest adding in how she feels about the sudden intrusion.
Is she frightened?Is it a surprise? Or maybe she had a feeling it would eventually come to this?
I'm sure the answer will be revealed as I read on, but the emotion should be added to help the reader care what is happening to her.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good twist. I would suggest adding in how she feels about the sudden intrusion.
Is she frightened?Is it a surprise? Or maybe she had a feeling it would eventually come to this?
I'm sure the answer will be revealed as I read on, but the emotion should be added to help the reader care what is happening to her.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I wake up to my alarm clocks loud and annoying ring."
Clocks should have an apostrophe s ('s).

"I haven't used these since Freshman year, but it's all I had so I grabbed the lest of the evils which was a hot pink dress I wore to my first high school dance."
Comma after had. I don't know if you meant least instead of lest? Comma after which. You should have the word "that" after dress.

"At lest I can kinda hid it with my leather jacket."
Again, lest or least? Kinda should be "kind of". And hid should be hide.

Next sentence, comma after ".... Still fit in it".
Next sentence, fits should be fit. Comma after perfectly.
Next sentence, comma after all.

So that was only the first paragraph. I know that some people don't like spelling and grammar, and I'm okay with that in a poem, but wen it comes to stories I believe that things are completely different. I still believe that this was a very nice chapter. The whole plot and story line is really good, it's just the spelling, some grammar, and punctuation. Sorry if you take offense at corrections, I just figured I should let you know, if you wanted to read through the story again and try to fix those mistakes..

Anyways, happy holidays, great chapter!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your advice and I don't mind. I failed spelling when i was in elementary so thats were.. read more
Amandaaa Caroline (:

11 Years Ago

No problem (: and oh okay, hahaha, well it's proven that spelling ability has nothing to do with a p.. read more
HUH??!! What happened?? Is she killed or something?! OMG!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

=_____= I hate waiting...
Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

sorry
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol... Its okay ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2012
Last Updated on December 18, 2012


Author

Lino Rie
Lino Rie

Williams, MN



About
I'm a girl who has little confidence and almost no talent. I'm 19 and have long blonde hair and blue eyes. My fears include: spiders, needles, not doing things right, disappointing others, and be.. more..

Writing
I am... I am...

A Poem by Lino Rie