My UFC Debut.

My UFC Debut.

A Story by BrandonTheEnigma
"

This is just something to keep me busy and keep the writer's block from setting in. This is more of a representation of my love for the sport of MMA (mixed martial arts) then an actual story.

"
The roar of the crowd here in the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vega roared in my ears before I could even walk out to the Octagon. Tonight was my UFC debut and I would be opening up the pay-per-view portion of the Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson II card against scrappy veteran Chris Camozzi in a middleweight fight (171 to 186 pounds) I was 4-0 as a pro with four straight first round knockouts before the four minute mark. I was the underdog in this fight and rightly so considering the best opponent I had fought today had been against UFC cast off from season 17 of the Ultimate fighter Jimmy Quinlan who I had finished at the two minute mark of round 1 via head kick. Burt Watson the babysitter to the stars called over to me. "It's your turn go on out there and get some son!" I surged forward with my team and the security following me. My music blared. I made it by Kevin Rudolph blasted through the speakers and the crowd was going nuts. I jumped up and down and shook out my fists until I was standing at the prep point. I went and hugged my team, my coach Javier Mendez, my teammate Cain Velasquez and my brother Michael. I kicked off my shoes and shrugged off my shirt and headphones. I put in my mouth guard and stepped up to the cut man who did the little exam and put the vaseline on my face before letting me enter the cage. I jogged around the cage absolutely pumped. I waited rather impatiently in my corner as my team unfurled my banner with my sponsors on it and called out steady encouragement. "You got this man. Your dream is coming true. You made it" were just some of the things they called out. Then Camozzi comes out. He strides around the Octagon starring me down. Bruce Buffer got the crowds attention and started the introductions. "Introducing first..FIGHTING out of the blue corner. This man is a wrestler and a kickboxer holding a professional record of four wins and no loses. Standing five feet nine inches tall. He weighed in at 184 pounds. Fighting out of San Jose California by way of Portland Maine. BRANDON THE ENIGMA RUSSELL!"  he called out. I didn't even hear Camozzi's introduction. I came forward when the ref called for it. "Alright I gave you your instructions in the back, fight clean fight hard fight hard, any questions?" Herb Dean asked. We both shook our heads. "Touch gloves go back let's do this." he instructed and Chris and I touched gloves and went back to our corners. "fighter you ready?" Herb called out to me. I nodded. He did the same for Chris then clapped his hands together and pointed to the center of the Octagon. "Let's do it" Herb called. Chris and I surged forward and touched gloves again and I dropped him with an overhand right. "Ohhhh!" The fans called out as I jumped on him and started smashing him with hammerfists and elbows. Chris worked his way to his feet using the cage and I scooped him up and ran to the other side of the cage with him and slammed him and the ref stopped it as soon as Chris hit and went stiff as a board. "OOOOOO!" The crowd cheered. I yanked my mouth guard out and threw it and leaped to the top of the cage and sat there and screamed my head off as my team ran in to congratulate me. My brother picked me up onto his shoulders. "Proud of you bro!" He yelled up to me. Doctors tended to Chris who still hadn't moved while I put on my sponsor shirt and hat and went over to Herb Dean for the decision. Bruce Buffer stepped forward. "Ladies and gentleman referee Herb Dean has called a stop to this contest at one minute six seconds of the very first round. Declaring the winner by KNOCKOUT! BRANDON THE ENIGMA RUSSELL!" Buffer called out and Herb raised my hand. My time had come. I had made it. I was a UFC fighter!

© 2014 BrandonTheEnigma


Author's Note

BrandonTheEnigma
If it isn't your thing just ignore it don't flame me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully written. I could hear the crowd go 'ooooo'.
Amazing work

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
1 Review
Added on February 4, 2014
Last Updated on February 4, 2014
Tags: MMA, UFC, Fiction, Sports Fiction

Author

BrandonTheEnigma
BrandonTheEnigma

Does it matter?, ME



About
My writing style is dark and depressive if you don't like it then dont read I write likeJ. R. R. TolkienI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing