Vindication

Vindication

A Chapter by Chelsea J.
"

Our protaginst explains some things about vindication.

"

 

            Vindication is a funny thing. Not “ha-ha” funny, more “That’s strange” funny. Vindication funny not because of what it is or what it does but more or less because of the way people perceive it. Vindication comes in every shape, form and size. It can come from the kitten you saved or a stranger who mutters a grateful “thank you” because you picked something up for them. Because vindication is so easy to obtain most people who needed it had found it, and most people my age were not those who needed such a thing.
            Sometimes though, when 12 year-olds who are almost teenagers and are greatly suffering from the idea of growing up, do need vindication can not obtain it. Heck, some people never obtained their own type of vindication. Maybe it was because they were looking in the wrong directions (instead of looking to their younger sibling who wanted to be just like them they would look to the boy who they just loved). Or maybe vindication just liked to toy with some people.
            I think everything liked to toy with me but vindication was the worst to deal with. When it seemed so close like I could take it up in my hands and show it to the world it would just slip away. K.B. always said that it didn’t slip away from me instead I pushed it away. She said all the walls I had did make it so I could never be hurt but they kept out all the happiness and vindication the world had to offer. She always said I was stupid for wanting to remain neutral for my life.
            Most of the time I thought K.B. was right about those things. I think K.B. understood the things that my brain was just too worn to decipher. Vindication was something that I couldn’t decipher, or maybe it was something I didn’t want to decipher. It was something I wanted to pick apart and contemplate, yes without a doubt, but it’s not something I wanted to ever understand.
            Vindication and I, we are much like a technology-addict and an encrypted message speaking words of truth. A techie would naturally want to be able to crack an incredibly complex code- for the challenge and all- but would they want the message they got? They were intrigued but far too afraid to find those few words that most anyone else would find satisfying.
            Getting to the end of that code to see the words;
 
All the things you’ve done are okay now.
Go about your daily life with no guilt.
It’s cool.
           
That was not satisfying to me. That was the opposite that was anti-progressive somehow. Without the reasoning and understanding of our past downfalls how would we learn to move on with a sense of grace? How would we learn to move on at all? We wouldn’t.
 When I really thought about it I understood K.B. was defiantly right. I was repelling my own vindication; I had always been repelling it. It was easy for someone like me to repel vindication. All I had to do was cling to the past like I had no other path to take. In doing that I lost every opportunity I got to be the best I could be- but it was worth it.
It was worth not having many friends, never taking the risks and never really living. It was worth never being happy if it meant never being sad. Or so that’s what I thought until I met April and Gregory.
           


© 2009 Chelsea J.


Author's Note

Chelsea J.
Is the comma usage okay?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First off, I think that this is a great topic that few people have touched base on, so bravo for writing about a little-known topic. Secondly, I think you did a great job in clearly presenting a well thought-out chapter. This topic would be hard to write about for anyone, because they only have background information from themselves, but you did it masterfully so. Most of the comma usage is fine, however, there are some small grammatical errors that may deter from the overall absorbtion of the material by the reader. Other than that, it's great!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

First off, I think that this is a great topic that few people have touched base on, so bravo for writing about a little-known topic. Secondly, I think you did a great job in clearly presenting a well thought-out chapter. This topic would be hard to write about for anyone, because they only have background information from themselves, but you did it masterfully so. Most of the comma usage is fine, however, there are some small grammatical errors that may deter from the overall absorbtion of the material by the reader. Other than that, it's great!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 24, 2009


Author

Chelsea J.
Chelsea J.

Some redneck town in the middle of NOWHERE, NJ



About
My name is Chelsea, though I'm well-known as "that one kid". I'm 12, I'll be 13 this August though. Emilie Autumn, Conor Oberst and Jhonny Weir are my heroes. I'm a skateboarder, mechanic, writer, mus.. more..

Writing