Mythical Island - Prologue

Mythical Island - Prologue

A Story by Libra Lynn
"

Sneak Peak...Stay Tuned.

"

There came a night when the Wind Chime Warning had to fulfill it’s destiny and reveal it’s song to the island. Built at the peak of a mountain the Wind Chime was made from the hollowed tubes of a dozen Redwood trees. Suspended on the edge of the highest cliff, the Wind Chime hung in a circle to be seen from anywhere on the island. It's unmoving silhouette in the distance gave peace to the land. But as I said, there came a night the Wind Chime Warning began to sway, and this was that night.

The mountain rumbled first, soon followed by a quick wind which sent the Wind Chime into a frenzy. Clanking oddly yet rhythmically it's sound rolled across the land. Most of the island was asleep when it happened, and almost all of them awoke to the sound. Although the Wind Chime had never moved before tonight, it’s tune would not be misunderstood. The song was a warning, someone had broken in; someone had found the place which had been kept secret for nearly five hundred years.

Elroy was the first to react. Living directly below the Wind Chime, he felt it’s movement before he heard the first strike. Waking from a nightmare Elroy rose in a panic, it took him a moment to realize that  he was no longer dreaming. Reaching for his glasses he then scurried out of bed, found his Staff, threw a robe around his waist, and by the eleventh strike of the Wind Chime Elroy looked out his window to the ground below. From this point, Elroy could see the base of the mountain where the Great Waterfall met with the Black River. Pushing on his toes, Elroy peered further until he found two strangers standing at the river’s edge.

The sight of the intruders startled Elroy. Sucking at the air he stepped back from the window. Now facing his own reflection, it was courage he hoped to find, but instead it was fear which he looked upon. For just as the Wind Chime Warning had remained silent for five hundred years, so had his use of magic.

So, he stalled.

MYTHICALISLAND.COM

© 2017 Libra Lynn


Author's Note

Libra Lynn
This is a raw opening scene for a story I am passionate about. Feedback is cool. I'm only human, and I can always learn to write better. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oooooo. This is interesting. I want to read the rest so much! There's not much to say about it becasue nothings wrong with this. Normally I hate prologues in fantasy stories because they're too vague but this one is vague but intruiging at the same time. I can't wait for your next peice of writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Libra Lynn

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I am really excited to share the next part, because I'm with you. I don't even like prolo.. read more



Reviews

Oooooo. This is interesting. I want to read the rest so much! There's not much to say about it becasue nothings wrong with this. Normally I hate prologues in fantasy stories because they're too vague but this one is vague but intruiging at the same time. I can't wait for your next peice of writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Libra Lynn

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I am really excited to share the next part, because I'm with you. I don't even like prolo.. read more
Enough to pique my interest, not enough to quench my thirst. Now I will wait for more.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Libra Lynn

7 Years Ago

Thanks! I do have more, just wanted to throw the bait out there. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 7, 2017
Last Updated on June 11, 2017
Tags: Fantasy Fiction, Fiction

Author

Libra Lynn
Libra Lynn

CA



About
Imagine. That's all. more..

Writing