The things I will remember

The things I will remember

A Story by B Calvert
"

dedicated to my Grandfather, Roger Bruce Louis, who sadly passed away on Saturday 3rd of September 2011 after suffering from two illnesses for too long...

"

I will never forget you, with your Donald Duck impressions and love of Elvis. The way you turned into a small child with me and cousin Sammy every Christmas when you took us to the garden centre to see 'Santa'.

I will never forget how you wouldn't let go of your tools even when you knew you couldn't and wouldn't be able to use them. They were so precious to you, they carried the memories of when you raced your 1967 Bantam and the grateful families who still have your house alarms protecting their houses.

The little toy soldier called (imaginatively named) Soldgie you gave me when I was a tiny little baby in Germany, I'm still determined to be buried with Soldgie one day. The way you tried so hard to look at me and Soldgie when we came to visit you the day before it happened.

Because of you, my amazing, champion, fighter Grandfather, I will do everything in my power to make you proud. I will enter every poetry competition and writing competition I can, I will try my very hardest to get straight A's in my A Levels, I'm even going to push for Cambridge University, just to make you the proudest grandfather to have ever lived. You were and still are the best Grandfather and this was the first time you ever gave up.

I love you :'(

© 2011 B Calvert


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on September 4, 2011
Last Updated on September 4, 2011

Author

B Calvert
B Calvert

United Kingdom



About
Writer with near permanent writer's block. My university forced me to make this account years ago but I haven't done anything with it in years. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by B Calvert


2 2

A Chapter by B Calvert


3 3

A Chapter by B Calvert