Chapter 10: Chloe

Chapter 10: Chloe

A Chapter by Blackthorne

“It won’t work you know” James says. We’re sat in French with a minute to go until the bell goes for lunch.

“What won’t work?” I ask.

“Staring at the clock hoping you will magically freeze time”

“No I’m not” I lie. I am hoping time would stop just so that I don’t have to go to this stupid singing club.

“Ok. But the bell will go and you will have to go to that singing club” He says.

“How do you know the singing club is on today?” The bell rings just as I finish talking. Oh no.

“Bye” James leaves the room quickly. Why is he in such a rush? I decide to let everyone out before me. When I reach the stairs there is no one to slow me down so I have to make myself go slow. When I reach the bottom I’m welcomed by an angry looking Claire. “What took you so long? Come on!” She grabs my arm and pulls me all the way to the music room. Inside there’s about 10 people spread out around the room. Claire finally let’s go of my arm and goes to talk to the teacher. I look around the room and see someone in the corner. So that’s why he was in a rush. I make my way towards him. He’s trying not be seen and is staying out of everyone’s way.

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

“I’m making sure you sing” I can’t believe it. Has Claire put him up to this?

“Well, I don’t care what you and Claire have arranged but its not going to work” I say.

“Me and Claire haven’t arranged anything. I just want you to see how good a singer you are”

“I can’t sing”

“Yes you can” The room falls silent and the teacher is going on about something. I’m too busy wondering why James wants me to sing so badly. I only begin to tune into what’s going on when James puts his hand up.

“Sir, me and Chloe will sing if you like?” What is he playing at!?

“That will be brilliant James” James grabs my arm and pulls me to the front. James says something to sir who then starts searching for something on the computer. A minute later he prints something out and passes me and James a piece of paper with lyrics to one of my favourite songs on it. Sir then puts some music on. James decides he’s singing first.

There I was again tonight

Forcing laughter, faking smiles

Same old tired lonely place

 

Walls of insincerity,

Shifting eyes and vacancy

Vanished when I saw your face

 

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you”

He sung it beautifully. He knows the tune and everything. Too bad I’m going to spoil it.

“Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"

Across the room your silhouette

Starts to make its way to me

The playful conversation starts

Counter all your quick remarks

Like passing notes in secrecy

 

And it was enchanting to meet you

All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you”

I’m actually not that bad. We sing together for the chorus.

“This night is sparkling, don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home

I'll spend forever wondering if you knew

I was enchanted to meet you”

Sir stops us after that. We go back over to where we were before. “How did you know that I liked that song?”

“Because you’re always humming it in class” Sir releases us so we can go for lunch.” Are you coming on Friday?” I ask James when I get outside.

“Sure, why not” He walks off towards the hall. I can’t wait until Friday.



© 2013 Blackthorne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on September 22, 2013
Last Updated on September 22, 2013


Author

Blackthorne
Blackthorne

United Kingdom



About
I'm a bit of a supernatural and romance fan. I enjoy writing and love to read. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Book by Blackthorne