Chapter 5: Lorelai

Chapter 5: Lorelai

A Chapter by Blackthorne

“AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!” I bury my head deep into my pillow. I hate mornings. As the alarm continues to beep at me I realise that it’s not going to turn its self off. I hit the alarm off the bed side table and found a satisfying silence. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! For god’s sake. I lift my head up to find alarms all over the floor. All of which were annoyingly beeping. I get up and step on one the stupid things. “I’m going to kill that girl” I say to myself. I pick up one of the alarms to see what time it actually is. She’s obsessed with getting me up early. I get dressed and storm down the stairs. I go into the lounge. She isn’t there. She isn’t in the kitchen either. There’s only one more place to hide. Her room!

I turn to the door to the side of the kitchen and open her door quietly. She’s still asleep. Cheeky bugger. I turn back around to face the kitchen. I will get my revenge. I head for the fridge and grab the biggest bottle of water I can find. It’s freezing.  “Brrrrrilliant” I whisper. I walk into her room and stand next to her bed. I pour all of the water over her head. She shoots up right out of her bed.

“Mom!”  She shouts.

“How many times do I have to tell you it was a one off?” I say.

“What?”

I point towards the ceiling where the alarms are still going off upstairs. She starts to laugh as she realises what I’m on about.

“It’s not funny”

“Oh, come on”

“Chloe Everdeen, it is not funny” I say as I storm out of the room. She follows me into the kitchen and heads for the cupboard.

“It’s your own fault” she says.

“How is it my fault I forgot to put my alarm on?” The only reason for all this is the fact that I forgot to put my alarm on and get up early for the first day of junior school. That’s all. Who knew that forgetting to put your alarm on meant that your own daughter will annoy you to death through sleep deprivation?

“Because you made me an hour late and I was starving all day long” she says.

“Well, you could’ve put your own alarm clock on”

“You’re supposed to get up earlier than me” She’s finally found something to eat. I don’t see the point in preparing anything because we’re going to Luke’s in a minute.

“I never do what I’m supposed to do. You should’ve learnt that by now. And we’re going to Luke’s in a minute”

“Are we?”

“Yep”

“But it’s 5 in the morning”

“I know” She puts the pop tarts that she’d found back in the cupboard and goes into her room. I decide to make myself a coffee. “Luke is always up early” I say.

She comes back out but this time in her school uniform.  It’s amazing how she can get dressed so quickly.

“Yeah, but 5 in the morning?” she says.

“Well if he’s not up we’ll bang on the diner door” I put my coffee into a flask, grab my handbag and head for the front door. “Come on” Chloe comes running around the corner with her school things. “How can you run?” I ask.

“Its easy put foot on the ground and push the other of the ground”

“Ha, ha very funny”

“You really shouldn’t be so lazy”

“Yeah I should!”

“No, you shouldn’t”

We carry on arguing all the way to Luke’s.



© 2013 Blackthorne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 20, 2013


Author

Blackthorne
Blackthorne

United Kingdom



About
I'm a bit of a supernatural and romance fan. I enjoy writing and love to read. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Book by Blackthorne