Chapter 4: Chloe

Chapter 4: Chloe

A Chapter by Blackthorne

I see them all the time on the news. People who have amazing powers like flight, super-speed and incredible strength, so incredible they can probably pick up 10,000 trucks and not break a sweat. The news always refers to them as super heroes or vigilantes. I think that their just putting their gifts to good use instead of wasting them. I’m used to seeing them on TV but I never thought of actually meeting one. Dr Nite walks over to the window and opens it. She floats into the room where I can finally see what she looks like. She’s quite pale. She has long wavy black hair and light blue eyes. In her hair is a tiara of a sort. It’s gold with a red star in the middle. I’ve seen her on the news a lot. She’s one of the main leaders of the JUSTICE GROUP, a group of superheroes with their main base on the moon watching over the world making sure no one is breaking the law. I remember her name. She is a goddess of peace named Marvel Woman.

“Who are you?” Lorelai asks. I answer before Marvel Woman can even open her mouth.

“Her name is Marvel Woman” Marvel Woman and Lorelai look at me questionably. “What? I watch the news all the time”

“If you know my name, do you know why I’m here?”

“Yes, you’re here because you’re a goddess of peace from an island that’s hidden from the rest of the world”

“Themyscira”

“Yeah that island. And you are you were sent here as an ambassador”

“Yes, how do you know all this?”

“Read the newspapers as well as watching the news”

“Oh, I bet you don’t know why I was sent to you though”

“No I don’t”

“Well I was sent here because you are technically my sister now that you are Zeus and Hera’s daughter” she says.

“What!?” Both me and Lorelai say. “How can I be the daughter of Zeus and Hera?”

“It just happens, you’re a goddess now”

“No, I’m not. I don’t want to be a goddess”

“Well, you don’t really have a choice. And any way you’ll get your powers soon…”

“I don’t care! I don’t want to be a goddess or have powers”

“In that case then I’ll give you this” She begins to take of a bracelet. It’s brown and has some sort of gem or crystal I have never seen before.

“This will stop you from using your powers as long as you wear it. If you take it off your powers will return to you”

She hands me the bracelet. The gem is white and very small. I tie the bracelet around my wrist.

“Will that stop her powers completely?” Lorelai asks.

“As long as she keeps it on and keeps her emotions in check then her powers will be stopped”

“What do you mean as long as I keep my emotions in check?” I ask.

“I mean as long as you don’t get too upset or angry you’ll be alright”

“Oh”

“Now there’s one more thing I need to tell you… Well ask you”

“What is it?”

“Well, if you wish, you can live and train in Themyscira or you can stay here with your mother” I look at Lorelai. She’s looking out of the window. I wonder if she heard 

Marvel Woman or not.

“We don’t live together” I say.

“Oh, sorry I just thought that you did because…”

“It’s ok”

“Who do you live with then?” Marvel Woman asks.

“She will live with me if she wants to” Lorelai says. I didn’t expect that. “Do you want to live with me instead of going back to Danny and Chelsea or to this island somewhere?”

I look at her. She Is actually serious. I know straight away who I want to go with, and it certainly isn’t going to be Danny and Chelsea…



© 2013 Blackthorne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 20, 2013


Author

Blackthorne
Blackthorne

United Kingdom



About
I'm a bit of a supernatural and romance fan. I enjoy writing and love to read. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Book by Blackthorne





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5