[3]-Blackmail

[3]-Blackmail

A Chapter by Keyandria

     The staute seem to fall in slow motion and my body was completely numb,MOVE.....MOVE Suddenly i jerked forward and caught the statue that was just inches away from the ground.I let out a sigh of relief as i gently place the statue up right again,that was way to close for comfort i thought wincing from the pain that came when i jerked forward."You ok?" Bankotsu asked sitting next to me on the steps.I glared at him,it was his fault for this pain i have,if he had just left me alone when i first walked into the damned palace,we wouldn't have had fought and i wouldn't have practically killed myself tring to save a jackass i didn't even like,"What do you think?" i hissed tring to get up from the steps but the only thing that got me was another wave of pain,"I think that if you try to move again you'll kill yourself." He says and gently takes my arm,"I don't need your help." i hissed snatching my arm away from him,"Yes,you do.You can't even stand up by your self,let alone walk." i glare at him for pointing out my weakness,"What do you care." I say begining to walk away,"Well your my comrade,and i have to make sure that my comrades are well enough to fight." I turned around and gave him a death glare,"Since when did i ever become you comrade,we both were knocked down,it was a draw." "Yes,but you would lose if we continued to fight." Anger started to fill my body causeing it to shake.WHAT THE HELL DID HE MEAN BY THAT?! "What makes you so sure?" i said through my clenched teeth, how dare he,what gives him the confidence that he would win. I thought looking at his calm expression and that smug smirk wanting so hard to smack it off his face,"Your in terrible shape,you can barely stand up as is." I looked at him in confusion but soon relized what he meant.I was indeed on one knee.I tired to stand up straight but when i did another wave of pain sored all over my body.What a fool i was thinking i could fight him when i can barely stand up.He was right,i was in no shape to fight which ment i lost.I sat down on the ground and started to curse myself for losing to not only a man but an arrogant one at that."Well,now that you finally understand that you can't beat me," he says walk over and holding out his hand,"Why don't you change your fellow comrade back to normal." I look up at what i thought at the moment an arrgoent proud man who loves to rub in a victory and only one thing came to my mind, how the HELL did i lose to a basterd like him?! I gave him a death glare and slapped his hand away,"I can get up on my own." i sapped getting up and walking towards the palace snapping my fingers as i walked by the statue of jakotsu changing him back to his original self,"Oh,and just because i lost to you and now in this pathectic group of mercanaries dosen't mean i am going to quit my original purpose for starting my journey.This is just a temporary set back,but i am going to tell you this,if and when i find a clue that connects with my own journey,i am leaving this group." i said walking through the palace doors,"deal or no deal."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

I winced as i finshed tending to my wounds by placing the bandages on 'That basterd.'  i thought glaring at the wall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes,i know i said in the begining that i would fall in love with bankotsu,and i will its just.....love doesn't develop over night...its going to take some time before you see any hint of affection towards him......a VERY LONG time because at this point i was very bitter towards ALL men.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I slowly walked to the bed and landed face down on my pillow.I could hear jakotsu curseing me and i could also hear faint 'ows' and 'ouches' and 'be carefuls' from bankotsu."*sigh* how did i lose to him?" My mind went back through the fight every detail,every breath taken and yet there was nothing to explain how i lost,no mistake,no cockyness,no loss of concentration nuthing."i guess he was just.......stronger than me." Those three words fell from my lips with as much hatred in them as i could possibly sum up. "Finally you understand,that you couldn't possibly beat big brother." I turned and saw jakotsu leaning against the door frame arms across his chest and one leg over the other."What do you want he-she?" i said not really care what his intension where for showing up "Grr,watch your tounge wench before i cut it off."He says standing up stright and having his hand on the hilt of his blade,"I like to see you try he-she." i said icyly standing up my self.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i don't know why but i could have had a broken leg,three ribs broken and a broken arm and still be able to satnd up and fight jakotsu.I guess you can say that was our own way of showing respect towards each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That mouth of your's will get you killed one of these days." He says icly but removes his hand from his sword,"*sighs* anyway i came up here to tell you that dinner is ready." "And what makes you think that i want to eat with the likes of either of you." Jakotsu takes a step back in shock "You should be honored that big brother invited you to eat with us!" "Well im not so get off my back." i snapped turning my back to him and flopping back on the bed. "YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE,DO YOU KNOW WOMEN WOULD KILL TO EAT WITH US!" " Well they must be pretty stupid women."
"Grr,well then i hope you starve!" "and i hope you drop dead!" He slams the door and walks away curseing me as aloud as humanly possible.I let out a relieved sigh and closed my eyes,giving a person some of your negative attitude is really helpful in times where your to stressed.I slowly begin to drift in and out of consciousness but suddenly i hear a lound obnoxious gurgling sound coming from my stomache,"*sigh* ah s**t."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We woke early the next day to reach the nothern castle where there is a job for us,or thats what bankotsu said.It was a peacful day,very sunny and birds were chirping,but for some reason i just wanted all of them to either shutup or go away.We finally came up to a small village after walking for what seemed like months,but suddenly jakotsu unsheaths his sword,"Jakotsu, you know what to do." "Of corse big brother,this will be funny.But promise me if you fine any handsome men call me at once ok?" and befroe bankotsu can give him an answer he takes off with a sadistic smile on his face.Seconds later scream can be heard within the village.Bankotsu smiles and tries to take off as well but i stop him,"What are you to doing!" I yell keeping my eyes on the village,"Our jobs!" he snapps tearing his shirt from my grasp and taking off.I follow."What do you mean 'your job?!'" i asked watching as he distroys a home with a famliy in it."Excatly what i said!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I could catch the irritation in his voice but i continued anyway
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Your 'job' is to kill for money,What will you gain form kill these innocent poeple!?" "We do it for fun." he says the irration becoming more noticable."FUN!!!How could killing innocent poeple be FUN" He the jams his banryuu into the ground,"Its fun for us." "Then you two are sadistic." "oh well." he says simply picking his sword up and contiunes to distroy every moving thing.I let out an irritaed sigh but just walked away.I then decided to walk throught what ever was left of the village when i saw a small family,tring ther hardest to hide,"*gasp*please don't hurt us." the woman begs hugging her child as the man holds up a short blade.This man is willing to die for his family rage beings to fill my heart as i thought about my father,Why couldn't you be like him "Put ur blade away i have no conflict with you." i said in a cold heartless voice.The man lowers the blade and takes a step towards his wife,"follow me." I said simply.They hesitated but obey.I led them to the out skirts of the village and to the edge of the forest,"Hurry." i said walking into the forest,"Ok its a three day journey to the next village,take this." I handed them a meduium size bag filled with coins,"If bandits rob you then your on your own got it." they nod and smile,"Now get going!" I said and watch till they are out of sight.Easly i walked out of the wood to come face to face with bankotsu,"What where you doing in the woods?" "What i do in the woods is my business." I said makeing my self blush and straightening my dress to make it more believeable.His face turns a light shade of red relizing what i was doing,"Oh,uh sorry." He turns and walks away in an attempt to hide his blushiing face.I let out a sigh of relief not believing that he believed me,"I saw what you did." comes a voices behind me making me jump,"What do you want he-she?" i say begining to walk away,"If i were you i would show me some more respect or do you want me to tell bankotsu about your kind hearted moment?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now listen well childern,i DO NOT fear bankotsu,but i also DO NOT want him to find out what i did.Right now i was trying to get out of this blasted deal with very little trouble.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"what do you mean?" i ask attempting to sound innocent
"Well,let me put it in simpler terms for you,do what i say,when i say it,and call me your master." Suddenly i begin laughing,hard and "Ha,like i would ever call you my master." and with that i begin laughing harder.Jakotsu scowls."Oh bankotsu!!!"and suddenly i stop laughing,"You wouldn't dare." i say in an icy voice,"Try me." He says with an evil grinlet put an exasperated sigh i stared st him," fine what do you want." He places his right elbow in his left hand and the places his right middle and index finger on his right temple and lets out a even crookeder smile,"So many things my dear wench,so many things."
 



© 2008 Keyandria


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on March 21, 2008


Author

Keyandria
Keyandria

GA



About
Sup, my name is keyandria i'm 16 and of course i love to write. i mainly write fanfiction but i do write stories of my own as well. I like to read, i love animals and i can be mean at times.I have a g.. more..

Writing