Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Serenity Faith

"Vince please stop. Seriously. I'm fine. Besides the whole point of running here is not to go back anytime soon." He didn't stop pacing.
 "Serenity, I don't think you understand-" 
"And I don't think you understand." I cut him off. "If you start something with my step dad I will suffer for it." He stopped pacing and sat down in front of me.
 "You're absolutely right. Even though it kills me to know you're being hurt, you're right." The way he stared at me made me feel like he was looking into my soul. I couldn't help myself from flushing a shade of pink again. "Are you sure you you're ok?" 
"Yes, I promise." I didn't even look nearly as bad as he did. I mean granted I wasn't an easy bruiser, but still... Vince still looked skeptical. "Pinky promise." I held out my pinky. "Hey now these things are legit." I smiled at him. It worked. He smiled back and locked pinkies with mine. I could be such a child at times.
He joined me on the blanket again and took his jacket back off. I tried really hard not to stare.
 "I hope you don't mind it's just really stuffy in here and quite honestly it makes me uncomfortable given the circumstances."
 "No I don't mind. That cut on your arm looks deep though. I think I have some first aid stuff around here somewhere...unless you ciphered through that as well." I couldn't help the smirk on my face. He blushed this time.
 "It'll be ok."There was an awkward moment of silence and then he spoke again. "So are we still playing questions?" I laughed.
 "Sure why not. It's your turn then." 
"Mk....so....what's your favorite color?" I laughed. 
"You totally threw me off guard I was expecting you to ask me something more serious, but if you must know, I have a few favorite colors. Electric blue, frost green, sunset brown, jet black, star silver, pure white, deep purple, and blood red. Electric blue I'd say definitely tops them all though." He laughed. "What's so funny?"
 "You were just so specific with your color choosing." 
"And what's so wrong with that?"
 "Uh uh uh...It's my turn you asked me what's so funny."
 "Nu uh! That doesn't count!" He laughed some more. 
"Does too." 
"Fine ask away."
 "Do you prefer day or night?" 
"Night most definitely. I love the sky at night and the feel it brings. I love looking at the moon and wishing on stars happens to be my favorite past time. The star is my favorite shape since you're on favorites." I smiled. He suddenly seemed to be thinking rather hard about something. I chose it as my question. "What are you thinking about? I mean I know it's probably none of my business. Forgive me I'm curious."
 "There's no need to forgive you. I was just wondering...Do you believe in love at first sight?"
The incense went out as a gush of summer wind crept into the window that somehow became slightly open.The white torn curtains rippled a little at the sides and the moons glow was the only thing that lit the room. I could see it's reflection it seemed in Vince's eyes. I knew my next answer to his question. I knew it before I even looked at him. I sighed.
 "Unfortunately I have a feeling I do." 


© 2013 Serenity Faith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww sweet :)
Looking forward to the next chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
1 Review
Added on July 10, 2013
Last Updated on July 10, 2013


Author

Serenity Faith
Serenity Faith

TN



About
If you truly must know, write me....i promise to write back ^_~ more..

Writing