The Seer (chapter 5)

The Seer (chapter 5)

A Chapter by Britiney Harper
"

...chapter 5...

"

Chapter 5

           

“How was the beach?” Lynn asked me.

            “Amazing, it’s helped my marriage a lot,” I said.

            “You’re having problems?” She asked sounding concerned.

            “Marriage in general is a problem,” Stella said bitterly.

            “My marriage is fine, except for the constant guard and the lack of time I spend with Javi. I love him, but I need my freedom,” I explained.

            “You would be free if you never married him or if he consulted you about accepting the council’s backing,” Auri said.

            Coming out to the mall was supposed to be almost fun, but with Auri and Stella it was anything but. Vince had been missing for over a week and Auri wasn’t doing too well with it. And Stella was having problems with Warren so she came to stay with us. Staying at the beach house for a few days really was amazing, no guards just us as a family. But after a few days of bliss and fun, we came back to issue after issue. I guess the Alpha can’t go an hour out of town without drama. And with Vince gone that left Jared in charge, he’s Javier’s 3rd by choice. Jared kept most of the issues from us but with the full moon getting closer everybody is edgy. The week of the full moon is always crazy, but not usually the two weeks before. Something was in the air and I could feel it, some very powerful magic. And there’s the Zenis thing.

            “Grouchy, Javi and I are happy together, he just has a lot of demands on his time right now. Don’t get mad at me because you chased Vince away,” I said.

            “I didn’t chase him away, I’m fairly certain he is a wolf right now avoiding me,” she said. There was a sad look in her eyes, because I knew she was hurt and would never admit it.

            “Why don’t you just give in already? Lynn is human and she can accept being Sebastian’s mate,” Stella said.

            “What does this mate thing even really mean?” Lynn asked drawing the attention away from Auri’s issues.

            “Means you belong to him for as long as you live,” I told her. “He didn’t tell you what’s going to happen during moon week?”

            “Nope, isn’t the full moon coming up?” She said watching us for answers.

            “It is moon week,” Auri said shaking her head. It was weird to see her so depressed.

            “The sex in moon week is almost enough to make me go home to Warren,” Stella said predictably. “Wait till you get home he’ll have you stripped in secs, this is why I needed a wolf. The human men were fun but they couldn’t give me what I really needed. Oh and he’ll probably mark you.”

            “Mark me?”

            “Yeah a more permanent mark than Mackenzie’s tattoo,” Auri said.

            “Oh yes my tattoo, that I only have because certain people got me very drunk for my 18th birthday and let Javi talk me into it,” I said glaring at them. On the back of my neck in big bold beautifully scripted letters was a tattoo of my husband’s name.

            “But it was sooo funny,” Stella smiled brightly. “And you’ve always been such a good girl it was nice to see you go wild like a Gypsy should.”

            “Mom almost killed me when I came home like that and Daddy almost killed Javi for that,” I sighed and they laughed.

            “Where’s Eden at today? I’d love to ask her how sex is with a demon, they are so yummy,” Auri said.

            “Oh I know, I want to test one out,” Stella agreed.

            “Demon?” Lynn asked staring at the three of us, we laughed.

            “Remember my dad? He’s a demon which makes me half of one,” I told her.

            “Define demon for me,” she said.

            “Not the type your parents taught you about or you heard of at church, most of the time they look human. The only way you can even tell is the horns. Anyway as you see I do not have horns, but I’m a special case. My father’s people are fire and rage demons, a special hybrid created to be stronger or something, I can’t like change into the demonic state either. But I can produce and manipulate fire, I’ll have to show you in a less public place,” I explained.

            “Where’s Tyson at? Show her how sexy the demons are before she commits to a life with Sebastian,” Stella said.

            “Who is Tyson?” Lynn the curious asked.

            “One of my demon guards, I never leave home without someone watching over me, it’s annoying,” I told her.

            “Isn’t Tyson single? I need to get laid,” Auri said.

            “Hasn’t Vince been taking care of that?” Stella asked, the way Auri studied the clothes rack the answer is pretty obvious. “Aurielle you haven’t been having sex with him? No wonder he left you, he was probably stressed out of his mind. You better get your a*s out of his house before he gets back, you are in trouble.”

            “Stella get out of my life and go home to your husband,” Auri said. “Warren is a good man he wouldn’t cheat on you, no matter how annoying you are.”

            “I’m telling you little sister he’s not going to be nice, I’m trying to look out for you,” Stella assured her. “Mackenzie take off those damn gloves and show her.”

            “Why are you wearing gloves anyway?” Lynn asked me.

            “Ever see X-Men? I’m channeling my inner Rogue,” I told her and she laughed. “Really I get visions from touching things most of the time, so I’m testing out if this can lessen the insane amount I get from being around a lot of people.” I was wearing black gloves that go almost the whole way up my arms, it probably looked odd but us gypsies do like to be different.

            “Kenz, do not show me anything, I’m just staying till he gets back then he and I are done,” Auri said.

            “Auri you really ought to...” I stopped; a vision rolls over my mind, so much for the gloves.

But I realize it wasn’t something I’ve touched. My vision showed Mercedes Jordan at a table with some guy. He hands her an envelope with pictures in it, pictures of me. Her private investigator has found me. She’s happy, and she kisses him, they are obviously a couple. The only picture I can get a glimpse of is one of me and Javi at the beach playing with Noah. This is bad. They were in the exact same mall as me and they knew it.

“What did you see?” Auri asked looking worried.

Lynn’s sister Mercedes hired a P.I. to hunt me down and they are in this very mall with photos from my beach trip.”

“We can just leave,” Lynn suggested.

“Can’t,” Auri shook her head.

“You do not mess with fate, she will play dirty,” Stella warned.

“I can’t change my visions Lynn, it has to happen, but I won’t let it get me down,” I assured her. “But just in case,” I paused. “Tyson, I need you.” I called and he teleported in such a way that nobody around us noticed.

All 6 ½ ft of very sexy demon stood beside me, if I didn’t love my husband so much I would be tempted by this demon. Tyson was one of my favorite demons; he and his brother Orion were almost always my guards. He always interested me because he happened to be half human, his father was a Native American and he got some gorgeous traits from him. But Tyson is at least 200 years old even though he didn’t look it at all. Sometimes I wonder who I would have ended up with if Javier hadn’t come for me and what my life could have been like. Not that I regretted the choices I’ve made, but getting married so young and never being able to date or anything, makes you wonder. I really do love my husband.

“Princess,” Tyson said with a bow of his head.

“Do we have to go through this all the time? You don’t have to address me as ‘princess’,” told him.

“Kenz, we neglected to tell Lynn that you are a demon princess,” Auri said.

“The more I learn the more confusing it all is,” Lynn admitted.

“Honey, we grew up with all this and it still makes no sense,” Stella told her.

“Tyson, you have to promise me something,” I said to him. “Something is going to happen, but you can’t try to interfere fate has her own agenda and it has to happen.”

“I can not allow you to be in a dangerous situation,” he said.

“No danger,” I said. “Trust me, it’s just someone from the family that took care of me when I was a baby, she’s been looking for me.”

“Something is off in this mall you know it, right?” He said and I nodded.

“It could just be your average random supernatural beings hanging out causing trouble,” Stella said.

“Could be, I’ll just stay with you ladies just in case,” Tyson said.

“You can protect my body,” Stella winked at him.

“Stel you are shameless,” Auri shook her head.

After looking in a few more stores and Stella giving Warren’s credit card a serious work out, we went over to the food court for ice cream. It was mostly to cheer Auri up; ice cream always made her happy. We bought Lynn lingerie as a welcome to the family gift, poor Tyson was red faced the whole time. I loved shopping, for awhile I was certain I had a shopping addiction. Today I did pretty good by my usual standards, only a few little things including some naughty lingerie. Having lingerie and being a wolf’s mate doesn’t really mix well, usually it gets ripped off, literally. But I liked to feel sexy and loved the look he got on his face when he saw me. I also picked up a few cute things for Noah and Mena. Something was going to happen, I could feel it. The way Tyson kept looking around I knew he sensed it too. But I didn’t expect it to be what did happen.

Tyson had stood up with the intention of getting something Stella was whining about needed. She was a serial flirter, she never stopped. Anyway, he wasn’t paying too much attention and walked right into a woman who wasn’t paying attention either. I knew her face. With dirty blonde hair, sweet blue eyes a round face and paint stains on her tank top and jeans, I knew her. She was always covered in paint her whole life. Sarah Jordan stood there all grown up, another sister. I had always loved Sarah, she was always trying to take care of everybody and make everybody happy. Lynn told me that they lived together, and I had seen a cell phone picture of her, but it was weird to see her for real. Another reminder of my complicated past, but I was happy to see her. Tyson and Sarah stared at each other; they both had bent down to pick up Sarah’s bags. Stella elbowed me nodded towards them and I just nodded. Instead of being upset that he was clearly attracted to Sarah, she was all for us playing match maker. Both their hearts were beating fast while they looked at each other.

“I am so sorry,” Tyson told her.

“Its fine, I never look where I’m going,” she said.

“Sarah,” Lynn said leaning over the table. “What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same,” Sarah replied. Now that she regained her composure she looked at the four of us sitting at the table.

 Auri looked depressed in all black, Stella with her mini-skirt and matching hoodie and me with black gloves almost to my shoulders and a short black gypsy skirt and a cute yellow top. We are an odd assortment, but that’s why I love hanging out with my sisters. Lynn being the youngest in the group with her blue jeans shorts and t-shirt, she’s so adorable no matter what she wears. And of course Tyson looked like he stepped off the pages of a fashion magazine.

“Hanging out with some new friends,” Lynn shrugged.

“I guess I should be happy you left Sebastian’s apartment,” Sarah shook her head.

“You don’t like Sebastian?” Stella asked, she was never afraid to ask awkward questions.

“It’s not that, I like him just fine but I like him better when he’s not screwing my little sister,” she said.

“These are Bastian’s sisters,” Lynn said sounding annoyed.

“I’m not saying he’s a bad guy, I just wish you would focus on doing something anything with your life. Spending Sebastian’s money isn’t a career, I know that’s where you got money from so don’t deny it,” Sarah says sounding motherly.

“Being a professional shopaholic is definitely a career,” Stella said. “Trust me when I say if Lynn doesn’t spend Sebastian’s millions, nobody else will.”

“What?” Sarah asked staring at all of us.

“Oh right Bastian has a lot of money he’s been saving up for a rainy day,” Lynn told her. “He wants to pay for me to go to school.”

“That’s so him,” Auri said. “He always was the giving brother.”

“Sarah, this is Auri, Stella and Mackenzie,” Lynn said pointing us out. “Oh and you’ve met Tyson,” she said smiling.

“Nice to meet you all, sorry if I seem like the world’s biggest b***h, but I have to take care of my little sister,” Sarah explained. Then her eyes fell on me, I haven’t said anything because I wanted to see if she recognized me.

“Are you single Sarah?” Stella asked with this mischievous look.

“She is,” Lynn answered for her.

“Tyson, you’re pretty single these days aren’t you?” I asked finally breaking my silence. They both looked uncomfortable and had red tints in their cheeks, they were so cute.

“Yes that would be correct,” he answered me but never took his eyes off of her.

“You two should exchange numbers,” Stella suggested.

“Oh I don’t know about that,” Sarah said. Her eyes were saying something way different than her mouth, she smiled at Tyson.

“May I speak with you privately?” Tyson asked her, she just nodded and lets him pull her aside, away from us.

“Sarah needs some lovin in her life,” Lynn said looking over at them.

“I can tell,” Stella shook her head. “It’s unhealthy not to have sex a few times a day. Thus is my dilemma.”

“You left Warren, not the other way around,” Auri said.

“Just like you held out on sex with a guy like Vince, if he has sex with someone else it’s your fault. Auri you just don’t understand,” she replied.

“Sarah recognizes me,” I said.

“I thought Mercedes was the one that would confront you?” Lynn asked.

“Oh she will, patience love,” I said. “Anyway, Aurielle you might need to listen to Stella about this. Vince clearly has a sex issue and he’s looked different lately, you might need to stay out at the farm until after the full moon.”

“I’m not running, we made this mess together and we will discuss it like adults. I never told him to develop feelings; he was just supposed to be a good time. Why did he suddenly grow a heart? Oh and I swear Kenz keep you husband out of my business,” she said defensively.

“Hey you’re the one messing with the balance in the pack; you took Vince out of commission. I can’t do anything, but Javi loves you and he would never hurt you. He can’t cause you’re his sister, but Vince is another story,” I told her.

Lynn, one day you’ll catch up on all the pack politics,” Stella told her. “Not that you want to cause trust me you don’t. It’s all drama and bloody fights.”

“Sounds pretty complicated,” Lynn agreed. “Auri, why is it you don’t want to be with this guy anyway?”

“Easy, I can’t trust him. He’ll go out and see some skank in a mini skirt and do her without a second thought. And a lot of the she-wolves are skanky hoes, no offense Stel, you would be one even if you weren’t a wolf,” Auri said and Stella glared at her. “Vince is second in command, he fought hard for the position and it proves how strong he is. The she-wolves would kill each other to get with him.”

“Like the males aren’t after you,” I said. “Everyday they call asking Javi about you and Loraine, the Alpha’s two unmated sisters. They’ve even started emailing me cause everybody knows we’re like twins. It hasn’t even stopped since you’ve been tormenting Vince. He loves you and he deserves not to have his heart stepped on just because you’re insecure.”

“You’re all high and mighty but you don’t know what Javi is doing when he’s gone all the time,” Auri said bitterly, I wasn’t offended I knew she’s hurting.

“If I want to I can know everything he does, but I trust him. Why would he bother to cheat after all we’ve been through? You have to trust sometimes Aurielle.”

“She’s right, I mean I don’t know much about your situation, but I was scared I couldn’t trust Bastian. He really was keeping secrets though, it was definitely not what I thought they were, but I love him. Maybe Vince isn’t really the man you think he is,” Lynn said.

“No the trouble is he’s exactly the man I think he is, even if he pretends not to be. If I trust him with my heart all he’s going to do is break it,” she sighed.

“Drama Queen shut up, you’ve definitely inspired me to talk to Warren. I’ve been married three times, and it sucks to be hurt. But when you find the one you can trust you don’t let them go because you’re scared,” Stella said.

“Why did you leave Warren anyway?” Auri asked her.

“Oh well some human skank showed up swearing he was the father of her child. He swears it’s impossible, but I left cause if he is then he cheated on me with this pathetic little human,” she said dismissively.

“Stel that’s pretty big,” Auri said.

“That’s what I said,” I paused. “Want me to tell you the truth?”

“Go ahead, but I believe him, it’s just insurance. Since I can’t get divorced I’ll let big brother Alpha handle it, if it comes to that,” she said. I took off my gloves and took both of her hands in mine.

I barely had to concentrate before I saw a blonde knocking on the door at Stella’s house. Stella was the one that answered the door, and then Warren came out. Then the vision changes to Stella and Warren fighting while she packed her clothes. Finally the vision we wanted came on. Warren was at a bar with friends, which included my husband. Some women were plotting to hang out with them. I recognized the scene as a bachelor party they went to awhile ago. The blonde in her non-existent clothing sat on Warren’s lap. He whispered something in her ear then she got up pouting. But she came back with a friend.

These were some very persistent women. They pulled Warren to dance with them; he indulged them for a few minutes then walked away. Another scene showed him going to his car and the blonde was leaning against it, she asked him for a ride. He hesitated, but being the gentleman he is he gave in. When they got to the shabby looking apartment building she lived in, she invited him in. He told her that he was married and would never hurt his wife like that. But she kept pushing, still he refused. And had to physically restrain her when she wouldn’t get out and kept trying to kiss and touch him. He actually had to pick her up and remove her from his car to get rid of her. After that he drove around for awhile before going for a run and going home to Stella.

Another vision showed the blonde in her apartment pacing looking angry. She had photos of Warren taped to her wall. They were all pictures taken when he wasn’t looking, like she was stalking him. A positive pregnancy test lay on her dresser. She was obsessed with him. Poor sweet Warren had a stalker. She had a picture of Stella with an angry red X across it, another candid picture. The last thing we heard was her vow to make Warren hers. Then we came back to reality and the mall.

“I’m such an idiot,” Stella said. She pulled out her phone with tears in her eyes and to text Warren.

Warren has a crazy stalker,” I told Auri and Lynn.

“Wow, really? That’s awful,” Lynn said.

“He’s here,” Stella said getting up and standing on her chair. “He came here to find me, I feel so stupid for not trusting him.” She looked around and then we all saw him, he ran to her in a total movie way and she jumped into his arms. They kissed like they’ve been apart for years when it had only been 3 days.

“They are so cute,” I said and Lynn nodded. But Auri just looked more miserable than she did before.

“Sarah and Tyson are exchanging numbers,” Lynn said and we looked over. Both of them were holding their cell phones and smiling at each other, love was in the air I could feel it.

“Think she would have issues dating a demon solider?” I asked her, she looked at me thoughtfully.

“Guess we’ll see, should it really matter if he’s a nice guy?”

“The only reason you say that is because you’re Sebastian’s mate, you don’t know any better anymore,” Auri the cynical said. “Most people want normal lives without all this weirdness.”

“Auri you don’t get a normal life being a witch, it just doesn’t happen. But you can have a good life with the man you love,” I told her she glared at me.

“Hello Ladies,” Warren said when he was done making out with his wife. He sat down with Stella on his lap clinging to him like her life depended on it. Usually she was more independent and fun and flirty, but I knew how she was feeling.

“Hi,” we said together.

“Honey Bear,” Stella cooed. “Mackenzie pulled some visions and I think we really have a problem, that woman is stalking you.”

“So you believe me now?” Warren asked he looking weary and worn out.

“Oh I had already decided to believe you before she read me, you can thank my cynical little sister for that,” she told him. “I love you Warren I’m sorry I’m so crazy.”

“I love you too Stelly-Bee,” he said and they kissed, again.

“This is exactly why I’m never getting married, semi-normal people turn into that,” Auri shook her head.

“I wish Mercedes would find me already I want to get home to my men,” I sighed.

“Should we try to find her?” Lynn asked.

“No, we can wait here cause its considered messing with fate if I seek her, the rules suck,” I said.

“What’s going on?” Warren asked looking concerned.

“Mackenzie’s human sister hired a P.I. to locate her and they are in the mall right now,” Stella explained. “Its kind of ironic that we’re hanging out with you Lynn, your sister Sarah bumps into Tyson, literally and your other sister is searching for Mackenzie in this mall. What is fate up to today?”

“Something that’s going to change things big time,” Auri said.

“What are you going to say to Mercedes anyway? I mean its one thing to tell me the truth but trust me she won’t get any of this,” Lynn said.

“I don’t know, I hate to lie but you’re right I can’t tell her the truth, at least you’re in the family now,” I sighed.

“Just say you don’t remember, play dumb,” Stella suggested.

“Does Javier know what’s about to go down?” Warren asked, of course he wanted to stay out of trouble.

“Can’t, he will interfere and it will get worse, I will tell him when I get home. Which will probably result in him suggesting I go back to the farm,” I sighed, again. “Does anybody believe I can take care of myself?”

“He has to protect you Kenz, you don’t understand the power that has over him,” Warren told me. “And you know why he has to have guards with Noah all the time.”

“You’re bringing logic into my ranting Warren, women like to complain you know,” I grumbled.

“What’s wrong with Noah?” Lynn asked, there really ought to be a welcome to the pack information book.

“My son is an impossible being,” I said not that it really made any sense.

“Someone really should study supernatural genetics,” Stella said.

“The quick answer is that when you mix two different supernatural beings your child will be one or the other. Like Stella is a wolf and I’m a witch, you don’t get both. Unless you are Mackenzie the human looking demon witch,” Auri explained.

“Noah is part witch, part demon and part wolf, its unheard of,” I told her. “He’s not supposed to be all three, especially not a witch because there just aren’t male witches anymore.”

“Complicated huh?” Stella shook her head. “Because both Kenz and Noah are such rare beings there are people out there that would kill to have them, hints Daddy dearest snatching her in the first place.”

“I feel like I live in a bad movie,” I said.

“Just keeps getting more confusing,” Lynn said.

“Growing up with it doesn’t help much, especially with Princess Mackenzie around, there’s always a surprise,” Stella said. “Why couldn’t I be a princess?”

“You’re a queen to me,” Warren told her and they kissed, again.

“So are all supernatural types as gorgeous as all of you? It seems like it should be impossible,” Lynn said.

“Daddy did make a bunch of good looking kids,” Auri agreed. “But you aren’t bad looking Lynn, you’re adorable.”

“Took the words right out of my head, Lynn you are beautiful,” I said.

“Yeah in a pale very Goth looking way,” she sighed. “And its even worse having out with all of you tan people.”

“Then we need to get you out by Mackenzie’s pool,” Stella said. “You do look like a vampire.”

“Funny you should mention that, I have like some weird sun allergy, gotta wear medicated sun block every time I leave the house. Hints the non-tan-ness, I can be out in the sun but never get tan and I’m very much against spray tans. So for all of eternity I will be ghost white,” she pouted.

“We could probably work a spell,” Auri told her.

“I wish I could have been a witch,” Stella said. “Then again if I was I couldn’t run with my Honey Bear,” she kissed Warren.

“Get a room,” Auri grumbled rolling her eyes.

“We do have a lot of making up to do,” Warren said to Stella. “But I think we should keep an eye on Mackenzie first, can’t go pissing off the Alpha.”

“Of course, he does have a temper where Kenzie Ken is concerned,” she agreed.

“Remind me to kill you all later,” I said. “Show time,” I sensed something about to happen.

I started putting my gloves back on because I didn’t need any incidents in front of Mercedes. Tyson and Sarah returned from their hour long conversation right as Mercedes approached. Layered light brown hair, blue eyes and long legs that was the Mercedes from my vision. Her eyes were locked on me as she quickly approaches with those pictures still in her hand. There was this determined look on her face, I felt kind of guilty because I couldn’t tell her the truth. But I knew for a fact that the truth has a way of coming out no matter what. This just wasn’t the time or place for it.

“Sarah, how did you know?” Mercedes asked looking from me to Sarah and back again. “Lynn? What are you doing here?”

“Shopping,” Lynn replied looking bored.

            “Mercedes what was so important?” Sarah asked.

            “You found her and don’t know? This is our sister Mackenzie,” she told her pointing at me. “I’ve been searching for you because I knew you were still alive and here you are,” she said to me.

            “I’m sorry I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said.

            “I have a very reliable private investigator that says different, you are our sister that was kidnapped,” Mercedes said as if I’m crazy. Honestly I don’t know why she went to all this trouble, she didn’t like that I was the baby and use to do everything she could to get rid of me. Was it guilt?

            “What are you two doing here?” Mercedes asked her sisters.

            “Hanging out with Sebastian’s sisters,” Lynn said.

            “That old guy? You’re still dating him?” Mercedes asked sounding disgusted.

            “Don’t start with me, I’m happy that’s all that matters to me,” Lynn said glaring at her.

            “Whatever,” Mercedes said. “Mackenzie, that’s your name right? It’s not a coincidence, don’t you remember us?”

            “Sorry, can’t be your sister, my only blood related sister is the same age as my son,” I said. “You have the wrong person.”

            “You’re kinda rude, just walk up to people accusing them of stuff,” Auri says.

            “Mercedes you have no proof of this, just because some guy scammed you doesn’t mean you have the right to attack people like this,” Sarah told her. “I apologize for Mercedes; our sister’s death has weighed heavily on her.” She explained to me, yup its guilt.

            “Its fine, I’m sorry for your loss,” I said.

Really I am sorry they lost someone but I’m not really their sister and even so I’m just not that girl anymore. A girl that was plagued by dreams and nightmares that came true and was terrified to tell anyone that she could make things happen by magic. Nope, I’m not that scared little girl anymore. Every night I prayed that I could stop being evil, because I was taught that people who did these things were evil. Imagine the shock of entering a world where people used magic freely and most of the people were wolves too. Being so young I didn’t really understand it, it took awhile from me to realize that you choose to be good or evil, it’s not about what you are or what you can do, and it’s about you. Sometimes I think Zenis did me a favor getting me out of that house, but further emotional and psychological abuse made me wish my mother had made it there in time.

“There was no loss, you are our sister,” Mercedes said clearly getting angry.

“Mercedes why would she still be alive? I mean when people kidnap kids they end up dead, it’s awful but that’s the truth,” Lynn said.

“Because I know it’s her and I had help, I wasn’t scammed, I know the truth. Why are you lying? Our mother has never recovered from what happened to you and you don’t even care enough to come home? What kind of person does that? It’s pretty clear nobody is holding you hostage,” she said to me. Oh sweet guilt.

“What the hell do you know?” Stella asked, she can never hold her tongue. “I know Mackenzie’s parents and even your little sister has met them, you need to get out of people’s faces. You have no proof, except that you’re a stalker, I see what’s in your hand. Come over here all crazy when you have pictures of her and my brother and nephew at the beach a few days ago. Maybe we should call the police.”

“Mercedes, why do you even have those?” Sarah asked her, she took the pictures from her. I got a better look at them; all of them are from our vacation. Of course that was when we were away from the security of the pack and Javier was my only guard.

“Look Mercedes, I know my parents and they only have three daughters. I’m not your mother’s daughter, and I would appreciate it if you would keep your distance cause you’re kind of creeping me out. Since you’re Lynn’s sister I don’t want to have to take legal action against you,” I told her.

“And I’m her lawyer,” Auri said. “Right here is proof of your stalking; it’s in your best interest to stay as far away as possible.”

“I agree with that,” Sarah said. “It was nice to meet all of you; again I’m sorry about this.” With one last look at Tyson, she pulled Mercedes away.

“This is not good, they knew when you were vulnerable,” Tyson said once they are gone.

“But it’s not about what we are; it’s about who I am. I was her sister and even if I could tell them the truth they would never accept what I am,” I said.

“Hate to say it but that’s true, Sarah can be open-minded but basically my family would think all of you are possessed by evil. Dad’s into total and complete brainwashing, that’s why I couldn’t live with them I have my own brain and opinions,” Lynn told us.

“We aren’t evil or possessed, just a little different,” Stella said.

“Mackenzie you probably should get home and talk to Javier about this,” Warren very predictably suggested.

“Yeah yeah, so I can be forced back to the farm,” I sighed once again. “This isn’t over; she’s not going to give up. She feels guilty for being mean to me when we were little and wishing I would go away forever, I got over it she needs to.” I dreaded talking to Javier about this, it’s not going to go well, but I’m not going to hide out at the farm. No matter what he was the one who brought me back here, so like it or not I’m staying.

 

 

Auri was tired and annoyed when she walked up the steps to Vince’s still empty house. Why was he doing this to her? Maybe Stella was right and she needed to move out. The last two days she’d been expecting Mackenzie to need her with the whole human family issue, but Mercedes didn’t strike again, so far. Today would probably be a good day to pack, Vince hated her anyway. And it wasn’t like she was ready to trust and commit to him anyway, despite what her brother said. She was so distressed over this thing with Vince that she couldn’t do magic at all. Hopefully a nice hot shower would help her clear her mind enough to know if leaving was the right thing.

“Aurielle,” a familiar voice called. It was Diana waving at her on her way across the street.

“Vince isn’t home,” she said hoping the woman would leave. If it wasn’t for her minding other people’s business Vince wouldn’t have run off.

“I know, I haven’t seen his car and haven’t been able to get in touch with him in days. Is he alright? I was starting to get worried,” Diana said sounding all motherly.

“I have no idea where he is or when he’s coming back so I can’t help you,” Auri told her. But it still didn’t look like Diana was going away.

“Did you have a fight? He was upset when we last spoke.”

“Yeah he was upset because you had to put your two cents in and now he’s gone. I’m sure he’ll come see you if he comes back and you can both talk bad about me,” Auri said. Maybe it was childish but everything was fine before Diana showed up running her mouth. Or at least it was easier to pretend it was.

“What are you talking about? Was I so wrong to assume that you loved Vincent or at least cared about him? Especially when you move into his house, he loves you that is all I hear from him. Do you not feel guilty for stringing him along for so long? Don’t blame your problems on me little girl, you created them,” Diana told her. This only annoyed Auri more.

“You don’t know me and you don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve been waiting for him to come back, but I’m done waiting for him to grow up. All he does is screw around with lots of women and that’s probably where he is now. Have your perfect little Vincent, and when he comes back you can tell him he doesn’t have to worry about me ever again,” Auri said. She went inside and slammed the door behind her.

Tonight she would pack up and stay with Loraine until she moved into her new place. Going back to her brother’s house wasn’t an option, maybe she needed to leave town or go to the Gypsy Witch coven. Then maybe she could calm her nerves and get her emotions under control enough to be able to use her magic again. Vince ruined everything and it wasn’t even that she didn’t love him, she did. And she knew he loved her, but it couldn’t work. Especially after this, he left and might never come back. Yes she felt guilty and yes she knew her brother would never let this go. Trouble was coming from the Alpha and there was no way around that. Everything in her life was just so wrong; maybe she really would just leave and live as a human. That idea had so many possibilities.

 

 

Sebastian stood in Lynn’s bedroom looking around; it had been years since he’d been in a teenage girl’s room. Maybe this was a sign that he shouldn’t be with her. She had stuffed animals on her bed. It was a very little bed, good thing he never came over here. The only reason he was over now was because she wanted him to help her move the rest of her things into his apartment. He sat down while she threw clothes into a battered suitcase. If he could avoid seeing Sarah it would be a huge blessing, she wasn’t happy with him at all and he didn’t blame her for it.

“So is it weird not to go back home?” She asked.

“A little, but I can keep it together for you,” he shrugged.

“Tell me more about what goes on this week,” she said while pulling things out of her closet.

“You’ve been hanging out with my sisters and they didn’t tell you anything?” That was impossible to believe, his sisters never minded their own business.

“I hear you’re very horny during this time but so far you haven’t touched me and I’ve been in skanky lingerie,” she said watching him.

“Yes you have,” he agreed. “But I don’t want to hurt you, I prefer being able to control myself.”

“And I love for you to lose control,” she said coming over to the bed.

“Lynn, you sister could come home any minute,” he told her. That didn’t make her stop undoing his jeans.

“I just want to see you lose control a bit, and then we can take this to our bed in our apartment,” she said. How could he argue when she was on her knees in front of him?

Lynn,” he growled. There was no fighting her on this, so he just let her give him pleasure.

This girl was trouble, he knew that. She could always get her way with him. But she was his mate and she was the only female in the world that could make him feel so much. All his life he felt different from everybody in his family and after every woman he loved died he was determined never to feel again. How did she do this to him? He was always cautious and in control, but Lynn was wild and free spirited like a gypsy witch. If he didn’t know better that’s what he would think she was.

Watching her do this with that look in her eyes drove him crazy. So against his better judgment he pulled her up off the floor and into his lap. He yanked off her shorts and panties desperate to get inside of her. She smiled delightedly, no doubt loving the effect she had on him. In her little bed that he barely fit on with the stuffed animals, he made love to her. To completely ruin the whole thing Sarah appeared in the open door way, she gasped when she saw them.

“I guess it’s too much to ask that either of you respect me and my home,” Sarah said looking disgusted.

“Don’t be such a prude Sarah, it’s not a big deal,” Lynn said. Sarah walked away without another word.

“I knew this was a bad idea,” Sebastian said. He started to get up but Lynn wouldn’t get off his lap.

“Bastian you got me all worked up and you’re going to leave me hanging?”

“Lynn, your sister just walked in on us and you want to keep going?” He asked completely shocked.

“Well I did but now you’re looking at me all disappointed,” she sighed and got up. In silence they rearranged and put clothes back on.

“Keep packing, I’m going to talk to Sarah,” he told her. He walked away feeling oddly, but he didn’t know why.

“I thought we were friends,” Sarah said when he found her in the kitchen pacing.

“We are, I didn’t mean for this to happen with your sister, but I love her,” he said.

“But you couldn’t tell me that? You’ve been with her for months, she’s so young she doesn’t know what she’s doing,” she said.

“I’m going to take care of her, I promise,” he assured her.

“She needs to be thinking about her future Sebastian, not about being your play thing. What’s she going to do with her life? You’re a bartender how do you expect to even provide for her?”

“He plans on paying for me to go to school like I told you,” Lynn said. “Bastian, why don’t you tell her how much money you have?”

“For what? Money doesn’t mean anything,” he sighed. Why did money matter to her all of a sudden? “I would do it no matter what, this isn’t about money, or I didn’t think it was.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? You think after what we talked about I just want your money?” Lynn asked sounding very offended. “I told you I could work; you were the one who told me not to. I don’t need your money.”

“Did I say you did? I’m not trying to fight with either of you, especially not right now,” he said giving Lynn a look. “Sarah I apologize for what happened, we got carried away. I want you to know that I love your sister and I care about her future. If I wanted a play thing I wouldn’t move her in my place and I wouldn’t care what she did with her life. This wasn’t what I planned but I have few regrets.”

“Our parents aren’t going to like this,” Sarah said shaking her head.

“So? It’s not like they ever really cared about me anyway,” Lynn said.

“That’s not true, they just don’t like how independent you can be,” Sarah sighed. “It’s your life, do what you want I won’t stand in your way. I just think both of you are rushing into this and should probably slow down.”

“Maybe, but when it’s right its right,” Sebastian said. This was a bit frustrating; he longed to go for a run.

“If you say so,” Sarah said still not sounding convinced. When it seemed like everything would be fine Mercedes came in through the door.

“What’s he doing here?” Mercedes asked glaring at Sebastian.

“I’m moving out,” Lynn told her.

“You’re letting her do this?” She asked Sarah, who shrugged.

“How can I stop her? She’s old enough to make decisions for herself,” Sarah said.

“He could be involved in what happened to our sister and you keep letting her go spread her legs for him?”

“Mackenzie isn’t your sister and if you don’t stay away from my brother’s wife you’ll regret it,” Sebastian said annoyed. He didn’t like people who messed with his family, unfortunately neither did the wolf. And in general Mercedes rubbed him the wrong way.

“Are you threatening me?” Mercedes asked. This human would dare challenge him?

“I don’t have to, you will see what I mean if you don’t stop this nonsense,” he replied. He didn’t get why the parents never bothered to tell their kids that their “missing” sister was adopted.

“I’ll have all of you arrested, especially you pedophile,” she said. She knew how to push his buttons, wolf didn’t like it.

“Mercedes, that was uncalled for,” Sarah said glaring at her sister.

“Just because you’re still a virgin and almost 30 doesn’t mean other people shouldn’t be happy,” Lynn said. After staring at Sebastian a minute she froze, obviously seeing signs he was going to change. It started with his eyes.

“Let’s first call the police then mom and dad so that they can find out about what’s going on with Lynn,” Mercedes said.

“Shut up, this is why no man could ever want you,” Lynn said. She took Sebastian’s hand, the wolf calmed down a bit. “Bastian, let’s go, I’ll get my stuff later once the hater is gone.”

They left and inside their apartment he paced. The wolf was aching to get out; this was exactly why he avoided people. Lynn watched him; he hated the way she looked at him. Why did he have to be this way? Behaving like an animal half the time. It was too hard to keep his cool around humans anymore, something in him changed. But he wasn’t sure why it happened or even when it did. He never had trouble before, now it seemed like he was holding on by a thread and anyone could push him over.

“I need to go out,” he told Lynn.

“No, Bastian stay with me,” she said coming to take his hand again.

“I need to go for a run, I will be back in a couple hours,” he said.

“No, you just need to relax,” she said pulling him down the hall.

Lynn you don’t understand, I have to do it.”

“Trust me Bastian I feel you and I know what you need right now. Jumping out of your skin isn’t going to help anyone.”

“I’m sorry I’m like this, lately anything can set me off.”

“My sister called you a pedophile, I’m mad enough to grow claws and slice her up. Oh and by the way I can’t believe you called me a gold digger,” she said while pushing him down on the bed. He laid on his stomach and she straddled his back.

“Sorry about that, I just hate talking about money, it makes me crazy. Everything lately makes me crazy,” he sighed. It was strange to him to have a woman giving him a back massage, but he wasn’t complaining.

“You are so tense, do you ever just let go and relax? Wait I withdraw that question I know you don’t,” she said continuing on with her task.

“We are opposites, you’re so carefree and I can’t afford to be,” he said.

“What’s this tattoo on your back mean?” She asked tracing her finger around it.

“The symbol of my church,” he told her. It was a crescent moon laced through a 5 point star.

“I’ve known you all this time and I didn’t know you ever went to church,” she said.

“I’ve actually gone to a few different churches in my day,” he said. “But the Lunar Temple is where I started and where I can’t get away from.”

“Lunar Temple? Of course you’re a wolf you worship the moon,” she said.

“Not just the moon, the earth and nature stuff like that,” he explained. “Then you know there’s magic and what not. Would you ever want to go there?”

“I find it exceptionally amusing that you’re asking me to go to church with you, but since I’m intrigued I’ll go,” she leaned down and bit his ear.

“Well I have to show off my female,” he said.

“Does it matter that I’m human? Will everybody stare at me?”

“Not everybody marries a wolf or witch or whatever, there are human mates in the pack. You’ll just be the best looking one and the center of attention because you’re new. There might be a little jealousy but no matter what happens there I only want you.”

“What could happen at church?”

“You’d be surprised, it’s not what you’re use to, no formal attire and no rules. Fights happen and the females get a little crazy, especially since we’ll be going on the night of the full moon,” he told her. Thinking about this more made him change his mind, taking her would not end well.

“So what I should bring my claws?”

“Yeah pretty much, but I would never let anyone hurt you. Maybe you could stay with Mackenzie that night just so I know you aren’t being hunted, they do that sometimes. Trying to intimidate the newbies is their hobby especially since you’re human,” he said. Nope he really didn’t need to take her there.

“Sounds interesting, I guess I better be ready to kick some a*s,” she said. “This will be fun, are weapons not allowed?”

“Are you serious?” He asked, he sat up and pulled her onto his lap.

“I have to defend my place as yours,” she shrugged. This girl never stopped amazing him.

“You are mine aren’t you?” He asked watching her smile, for some reason he liked being possessive.

“Yes I am, all yours,” she said with her wicked smile. That was all it took, he was ready to finish what they started. Only then did it occur to him that she kept him from changing.

 

 

            Vince was still edgy when he dragged himself home, he couldn’t even remember where he left his car. The only reason he even knew how long he’d been gone was because the moon was almost full. So something near two weeks. Being a wolf for long periods of time did tend to leave you disoriented. The lights were on at his house were on, he didn’t expect that and the door was unlocked? He could smell her as soon as he stepped on the porch, this was bad. Why was she still here? She needed to go or he couldn’t be held accountable for his actions.

Up in his bedroom he found that she packed her clothes, an open suitcase lay on his bed. This was good, she was leaving. He only came back to get things in order so he could get far away from this place. Staying here wasn’t an option, Javier would have to understand. There was no way to stay here and keep his distance from her. Something in her suitcase caught his eye and it enraged him in an instant. Logic was leaving him; he could feel the wolf again fighting for control.

She was in the shower, completely oblivious. He could feel her emotional turmoil before he even entered the bathroom. Why was she so distressed? Wasn’t it her that ruined his life? Wasn’t it her that came on to him? He’d tried so hard to stay away from her for the last five years and she kept coming to him when she was bored. How could he say no? Especially when he’d known she was his, what was he supposed to do? Being a wolf was a little more simple then all this human drama. Being alone was better than knowing he couldn’t have her. When he yanked the shower door open she screamed.

“Vince you a*****e, you almost gave me a heart attack,” Auri said with her hands over her fast beating heart.

“My house I can do whatever I want to,” he said.

“Yeah apparently you can leave and worry me half to death you selfish jerk.”

“Now you care about me? Little late for that,” he growled. “What’s this?”

“Are you stupid? You know what that is and why were you going through me stuff? After I waited for you all this time with no calls or anything you have no right to question me on anything,” she said glaring at him.

“I was good to you, I did everything you wanted and ignored my own needs. So yeah I have a right to know what you do behind my back. Have you had men in my house too? Wouldn’t surprise me since you only care about yourself,” he said glaring at her.

“If I want to use my vibrator to pleasure myself I will, I don’t have to have sex with you. That was never a part of our agreement,” she said wrapping a towel around herself.

“Why are you still here?” He asked after snapping her vibrator in half, she just rolled her eyes.

“Because silly me I was worried about you, guess that was a dumb idea. So were you lying up with some w***e? Couldn’t find a damn phone? At least you could have called my brother who won’t even look at me,” she said bitterly.

“I couldn’t call you because wolves don’t have cell phones,” he grumbled following her into his bedroom.

“You spent all this time as a wolf?” She asked sounding concerned.

“Yeah, I couldn’t even force myself to change back,” he sighed leaning against the wall. Keeping his distance from her when she was standing there in just a towel, took more strength than he had.

“Where did you go?”

“Don’t know really, I just parked somewhere and ran, I gotta figure out where I left my car. But don’t worry I’ll fix things with Javier for you before I leave.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Auri, I can’t stay here, not like this. So I’m removing myself from the situation,” he said matter of factly.

“Vince you don’t have to leave because of me,” she said.

“Yeah I do, but don’t feel bad it is what it is. I love you and you don’t feel anything for me, I get it. But I can’t be here near you, so I will do what’s best for the both of us,” he told her.

“Where are you even planning to go?”

“Wherever the wolf takes me, if I’m in human form I won’t be able to keep my distance. The wolf will take away some of the temptation.”

“And you think Javier wouldn’t kick my a*s for this? He loves you more than me, you can’t leave,” she told him.

“He’ll get over it, I have to do this Aurielle, I’m going crazy here.”

“But Sebastian hasn’t been right since that year he spent as a wolf. I don’t want you to do this because of me,” she paused looking unsure. “I can leave, you’re needed here, and I’m not.”

“Stay with your family, this isn’t your problem,” he said. Why wasn’t she getting dressed? It just made him more edgy.

“It’s not even that I don’t love you, it’s not about love it’s about trust.”

“Have I ever lied to you? I’m more honest with you than myself. You knew I was seeing other women when we first hooked up, and I never said otherwise. The last few months I can’t touch a woman because I can’t stop thinking of you,” he said. “But that’s not your problem, can you just get dressed? If you want you can stay here, just give me some time to clear out.”

“So you can’t stand to be near me but you’re willing to just let me live in your house?” She asked, still she was in that towel tormenting him.

“Aurielle, you know very well I would give anything to be with you. This is your deal,” he sighed. Why did she drop her towel?

“One last time?” She asked walking towards him.

“Absolutely not! I can’t promise I will keep in control and besides I think you’ve tormented me enough,” he said moving away.

“Whatever,” she shrugged. She started digging in her suitcase for something to wear.

Vince stared at her butt moving, he felt the urge to change. But there was another overwhelming urge and he couldn’t suppress it, not anymore. Before he could stop himself he picked her up and threw her on the bed and pushed her suitcase on the floor. He slowly got reacquainted with her body before he took off the shorts he’d borrowed off somebody’s clothes line. She screamed when he forcefully entered her body. With no control left over his actions Vince bit her neck, he had to mark what was his.

“Vince,” she whimpered.

“How can you not know how much I love you?”

“Why couldn’t you tell me? I had to hear it from Diana.”

“I was afraid I would hurt you,” he whispered against her neck.

“I do love you,” she whispered.

“Tell me who you belong to,” he said thrusting harder.

“Vince, I can’t,” she said.

“Tell me,” he ordered going even harder.

“Y-you,” she moaned. “I’m yours.” Maybe he wouldn’t leave after all.



© 2010 Britiney Harper


Author's Note

Britiney Harper
..i need to know what ppl think...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on August 13, 2009
Last Updated on January 14, 2010


Author

Britiney Harper
Britiney Harper

pittsburgh, PA



About
...A Few Things... 1) Hi! I'm Britiney 2) I Love to Write 3) I love to read 4) I'm a nerd 5) i love my Family more than anything else 6) I've been writing since i was 8yrs old (but really b4 tha.. more..

Writing