The Seer (Chapter 1)

The Seer (Chapter 1)

A Chapter by Britiney Harper
"

..It's about an unusual family..

"

Chapter 1

 

            I was coming back down to reality from another vision; it wasn’t about anybody I knew personally. Sometimes they were about people I knew and others they weren’t, I never really knew what I would get. You would think that I would be use to them by now, since I had them since I was three. But I’m not sure it’s something you can really get use to, my grandmother never truly has in the 100 or so years she’s been alive. But that’s a whole other thing entirely.

            Last night was the full moon so I spent the night at my parents’ farm, as I often do on such nights. Noah my son and Mena my sister, peacefully play on the floor, both of them looked up at me like they know what just happened. They probably actually do, these aren’t your average babies, they are baby witches. So it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that they can understand more than normal 2 year olds. Both of them look and act like twins and though they almost share a birthday, they aren’t twins. It just happens that my mother and I were pregnant at the same time, which in my family isn’t as odd as you would think.

            I am part Gypsy Witch, which I get from my mother that comes from a long line of gypsies. Our type of witch are the rebellious and free spirited and sometimes nomadic types. We are also the type of witch that others look down at, nobody thinks of Gypsies as reliable and most can’t hold down a job for very long and usually can’t have any type of long term relationship. Some members of my grandmother’s coven were once runaways, a lot of the other types of witches are very strict. To me different classifications of witches are like different sororities and almost everybody is a legacy. I am an oddity among the Gypsies, my mother as well, because we are both married and she’s been a teacher for about 12 years now.

            Outside its raining, a perfect reflection of the mood I’m in. My overprotective husband was really starting to annoy me, this was the reason I was at the farm. It’s not even that I mind being here because I love my parents and Noah likes to spend every waking movement with Mena. The trouble is that I want to be free to live my own life and do what I want for a change, which would include being allowed to stay home on full moon nights. But ever since I got pregnant both my husband and father have been crazy protective of Noah and I. Three years of this had me stir crazy and I fully intended to make sure I had some colorful words with the both of them.

            I love my husband, I really do but he has a tendency to think he knows what’s best for me and that I can’t possibly know. Javier Alonso and I met under very strange circumstances when I was a child. He was my lifelong crush and with him being 12years older than me I never thought we could end up together. I can honestly say that I loved him since I was 5years old. Through a lot of issues and drama and other things that are sometimes still too unbelievable to mention aloud, we ended up together. We got married when I was 17 and he was 30, in some places that might be odd but marrying underage girls isn’t so taboo in either of our families. In fact my mother has been with my father since she was 13 and he was a whole lot older. My family is complicated and very unorthodox but eventually you do get use to it. Especially since my husband is a wolf or well a shape shifter. And my father is a demon king.

            “Mackenzie,” someone called and I turned away from spacing out and staring out the window. “Why do you look so lost?” It was my mother; she was watching me with concern in her eyes.

            “Not lost a bit tired and very sick of all these visions,” I told her. Lately I’ve been having an excess of visions the past few days.

            “Well we could try another binding spell,” she suggested. The last 3 couldn’t help me, nothing can.

            “I’ll deal,” I said. It always ended with odd side effects, like a full day trapped in my head while I watched vision after vision with no hope of escape. I wanted them to slow down not increase so much that it interfered with my life.

            Honestly every time I see my mother she seems to look more beautiful. She is still pretty young only 37, she is truly gorgeous. With her wild chocolate curls, hazel eyes and honey cream skin, she looks exotic. The way she dresses is like a mix between a belly dancer, an Indian princess, a hippie and a Spanish Gypsy. Our breed of witch is known for being rather unique in the way we dress and notorious shopaholics. We look a lot alike my mother and I, and we are very close. Even though I didn’t grow up with my parents and I only met them when I was 16. While my mother may have been living on a farm for the last 23 ½ years Eden Cohen has never been a country girl, her personality alone is too big for simple country living. But my father needed to live out here for the space; she never really got a choice in that.

“Auri is coming,” I said sensing my sister in-law.

            “Morning,” Aurielle said when she appeared beside me.

            “Somebody wasn’t sleeping in her own bed,” my mother said and Auri’s cheeks flushed red.

            “Between the two of you I get no privacy,” she said then sat down with the babies.

            Aurielle is like my twin, except that we don’t share parents or DNA but somehow we actually look alike. My hair is curly and hers is wavy, my eyes are hazel and hers are green, otherwise we pretty much look like fraternal (non-identical) twins. The other difference between us is that she is two years older than me. Of all the very many Alonso siblings, she has always been my favorite and the closest to me. We grew up together, were home school together and taught magic together. Everywhere we went people thought we were twins; we share a bond that twin witches would, that’s why we say we are “soul-twins”. So we could always communicate with each other effortlessly without words and we could always sense each other. It is a very rare thing for this to happen, but it also appears to have happened with Noah and Mena.

            “You didn’t come here for privacy, you came here because you slept over at Vince’s again,” I said.

            “He did come back earlier than usual,” she admitted.

            “Oh to be young and free,” my mother shook her head. “One day you’ll appreciate that you are free to make your own choices.” She blew us kisses and headed out the door, she’s only ever been with one man, another thing we have in common.

            “She’s right,” I said and Auri stuck her tongue out.

            “Just because you and Mama have only been with your mates doesn’t mean I’ll be mated, especially not to him. I like sex that’s it and he’s really horny after he turns back,” she said. It wasn’t a secret that Auri has this thing going on with Vincent Rivers, my hubby’s best friend.

            “And just because you’ve been with other men and Vince is a man w***e doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try for a relationship. Javi use to date a lot before we got together and he’s settled into marriage just fine considering the skanks with tails,” I pointed out and we both laughed.

            “Wolf Queen and Demon Princess, you’re life is so strange,” she said. “We have good sex that’s it I will not be anyone’s mate, I’m not a wolf. Maybe I’m a gypsy and I can’t bear to marry anyone human, wolf or otherwise. Oh and just because my brother resists the skanks doesn’t mean Vince ever will. Bet he’s screwing somebody else right now. I’m not delusional enough to think I’ll have a happy ending.”

            “When did you become so cynical?” I asked and she shrugged. “Want to know what I see? I know what will happen.”

            “Tell me and I’ll kill you,” she said. We have a policy against me telling her the future unless she asks. “Besides you see near future not long term and if you tried to read him he would know. Face it you most likely would never see him with another woman fate doesn’t like me that much. If fate was kind I wouldn’t be involved with him at all.”

            “Then stop seeing him if you’re going to complain,” I told her.

            “As soon as I find a new booty call, I have a date tonight with a perfectly human man.  And don’t tell me I’m a w***e if I do him tonight, I really need to get the Vince out of my system.”

            “Not saying a word, do what you feel is right love,” I replied.

In through the door comes my husband looking very edible. His long black hair was pulled back in a ponytail; he had on a black t-shirt that hugged his muscular chest just right and shorts. Everything about my 6ft 8in husband was very yummy, from his sun kissed brown skin, broad shoulders and arms that could both hug you and crush you. And he had the cutest dimples.

            “Auri can you do me a favor?” He asked his sister who rolled her eyes.

            “Noah can you say little brother or sister?” She asked my son who smiled at her. “I’m on it, time for some Wonder Pets or Dora,” she picked up both babies and left.

            “Have a good run?” I asked, he shut and locked the door before stalking across the room to me.

            “Wish you were in our bed when I got home, I was tempted to run here,” he growled.

            “You’re the one that wants me here when you’re gone,” I said. Already he was pushing me back on the bed. The wolves run under the full moon, so he’s not home to “protect” us on those nights.

            “I need to know my family is safe,” he told me while yanking off my sweat pants.

            After a night running in his wolf skin Javier gets all horny, at least I know he’s with me and no she-wolf. Javier is the only man that I’ve ever done anything with. First kiss, first time, all of that, I’m all his. He’s been with more women than I care to know about in the past, all that matters now is that he’s mine. Another pair of panties gets ripped off, he’s more anxious than usual. Once he’s stripped me he pens me down and kisses me hard and hungry. I’ve never imagined what it might be like with another man; I just accept that fate has given me this one.

            “Turn over,” he growled at me and I did it.

            While he undressed very quickly, I laid on my stomach waiting for him to take me. Which he does, and he thrusts in me so hard I scream. Usually I worry about if anyone will hear, but I didn’t have time to spell the room. He gripped my hips tight and thrust harder and harder. I love what he does to my body and the way he makes me feel. Once we’ve finished and rested a few minutes, I climbed on top of him to do it again. After one more time we laid together in silence holding hands.

            “Guess we should shower and be parents to our son,” he said but didn’t move.

            “Yeah,” I agreed. I was rather exhausted. “Maybe Ellia will make us lunch, I’m starving.”

            “Come then my love,” he said finally getting up and pulling me with him.

 

            After showering and making love again, I dragged my sore over sexed body to my parent’s room to raid my mom’s closet. It is probably weird that not only can we fit each other’s clothes but we also pretty much like the same stuff. She is only 14 ½ years older than me, which is where the dysfunction lies. Knocking, I sense something, but it’s too late to turn away. My father opened the door and smiled at me, they were fighting, again. Their relationship is rocky at the best of times but since Mena was born their fighting hasn’t been too bad. Two strong willed people who are both very stubborn in a relationship is a difficult thing. But they love each other even if they do fight often; sometimes it’s just best to let it out.

            “I do love having children in the house,” my father said. He kissed my forehead and left without another word.

You would think an overprotective, military minded; easily enraged, 250 year old demon wouldn’t be ok with his daughter having loud sex in his house. But demons and wolves tend to view procreation in similar lights and both forbid the use of birth control. They are all about family and making lots of babies. Gypsy witches basically believe sex is fun and you have to use birth control unless you want to get tied down to a kid.

My father, Maddox Cohen, is the king of a special breed of hybrid demons. A long time ago and by long I mean thousands of years ago, a few demons got together to create a stronger better race of demon. So these fire and rage demons bred together to create demons that could control, produce and manipulate fire but also were very powerful and changed to a demonic state when enraged. My father was born the 6th of 8 sons and 1 daughter, his father Goron was the last king to sit on the throne in their kingdom. War took away most of the brothers and their father was the one who lost their throne. For 5 years before the throne was lost my father was acting king while his father was “indisposed”, I don’t know exactly what happened but shortly after returning to his throne my grandfather lost it. His family was driven into exile along with most of the other demons and he was killed before he could escape.

That was when my book smart architect father took charge and bought the farm. Mostly its purpose was to house refugees until they could find a home amongst the humans. They had to be taught to speak and behave like humans so that they could blend in. Because he wanted more than his life than being a spoiled prince my father had already been living amongst humans and attended college and had his own construction company. He was a brilliant architect and had a great deal of money stashed away, so he used it to take care of his people. Eventually the farm that has about two dozen cabins along with a huge house that is basically a mansion also became a working farm with livestock, gardens, orchards and everything you could think of. Needless to say there is a lot of land and a lot of demons call this place home, it’s like a small community of its own.

            “If you want to borrow my clothes you know the conditions,” Mom said before I could even ask.

            “Yes, if I wear your clothes then I better not have them ripped off my body,” I said. “Anyway, what’s the fight about?”

            “Me mother you child, remember that,” she said going into her huge walk-in closet.

            “I’m not a child anymore,” I replied when I follow.

            “Pretty much we all know you ain’t a child with the noise you were making,” she said. “But you are my child so mind you business lovie.”

            “Mommy, please tell me what’s going on,” I pouted at her.

            “War is coming and I always knew he would never stop trying to get home, things are just different now. There are you and Mena and Noah to think about, I wish he would give it up we have a good life here. Why the hell would I want to live in a demon dimension when who knows what it will be like. I’d bet they are stuck in like medieval times. And Javier is involved, somebody has to speak up about how ridiculous this is,” she said looking drained.

            “Yeah I’m most def on your side here, but he’ll never let it go. He thinks it’s what’s best for our people and Javi wants to help,” I said.

            “I keep wondering what is going to happen if they don’t come back, I can’t be responsible for you losing your husband. And I didn’t grow up with a father, hell I still don’t even know who or what he is, I can’t let that happen to Mena and Noah. Didn’t I already wreck that for you?” She sighed and sat on her bench by the mirror, she was really distressed and I felt the same.

            “No it’s what had to happen and I could never blame you for it, you were young and had no choice. Both dad and Javi know what’s at risk, they will fight to get back to us,” I said. Though I don’t know if I’m trying to convince her or myself, but I put my arms around her.

            “The mother should be the comforting her child,” she whispers.

            “It’s ok, we’re an unconventional family,” I told her. As if my life weren’t complicated enough when I touched her I had a vision, it was a quick one just her on her bed crying. Occasionally when I touch people I see things, sometimes I just have to be near them. Being a seer is not easy.

 

 

            This was what normal was like and she liked it, a lot. Auri met Todd Worrick at the grocery store by accident. She’d literally bumped into him when she was picking up a few things. He was nice and adorable so they exchanged numbers. It did take a bit of coaxing because Auri didn’t often date human men, not that she could tell him that. And there was her Vince problem that she had to get over, this was the first step. Todd was a little paler, a little less muscular and a lot different from her usual type, but he had amazing blue eyes and dimples to die for. So what if he wasn’t wolfy and didn’t work out like it was a religion. Having dinner with a man who didn’t have to order his steak extra rare was a blessing to her.

            “Am I boring you talking about investment banking? It is rather boring,” he said.

            “No, its fine I suppose once I’m a lawyer I’ll talk about work a lot too,” she told him.

            “So tell me what do you do to pass time in your off time?” He asked, she was taking a year off before completing her last year of law school.

            “Oh mostly I spend time with my family and help my sisters with their children. Occasionally I help out in my sisters’ restaurant,” she explained.  

            “If your sisters have a restaurant why didn’t we just do dinner there?” He asked, she had about a million reasons for that.

            “Because you know those annoying families you see on TV that are always in your business and meddle in your life? Mine is a thousand times worse,” she said.

            “They can’t be that bad,” he laughed. Pretty much he had absolutely no idea.

            “No they are worse,” she sighed. “Anyway let’s not talk about my family.”

            “Aurielle,” a familiar angry voice called to her, she didn’t want to turn.

            “Yes?” She reluctantly turned to face a very angry looking Vince. All 6 ½ft of amazingly sculpted and tan body stared down at her, with those amber eyes she always got lost in.

            “What the hell are you doing here?” Vince asked not bothering to be polite.

            “This is what we call a date,” she replied coolly.

            “Get your a*s up I’m taking you home,” he ordered.

            “Aurielle who is this guy?” Todd asked looking confused.

            “A friend of my brother’s, who can’t mind his own business,” she explained.

            “Now Aurielle or I will drag you,” Vince growled. This actually amused her, he told her he would never commit to one woman and yet he was acting like a jealous boyfriend.

            “I think maybe you should leave,” Todd said. “She obviously doesn’t want to go anywhere with you, so go.”

            “Don’t tempt me to hurt you,” Vince said to Todd. “I don’t know or care what she told you, but this one isn’t for you. I suggest you stay away from her.”

            “Go to hell Vince, and quit making a scene,” Auri said trying to stay calm. Her date was ruined and Todd would most likely never want to talk to her again. It was too bad since she was planning to seduce him.

            “Did you tell him where you were last night? Tell your friend that you were in my bed?” Vince asked, he put the final nail in the coffin of her date. Todd stared at her and she felt her cheeks get hot and no doubt red.

            “Are you involved with this man?” Todd asked looking betrayed.

            “No I’m not,” she said. Technically it wasn’t a lie, no stings attached sex wasn’t real involvement.

            “Then how do I know about the butterfly tattoo on your cute little a*s?” Vince asked, that was the last straw. If it wasn’t for all the humans she would have spelled him.

            “Ok I’ve had enough,” Todd said standing from the table. “It was nice to meet you Aurielle I don’t think we will be speaking again.”

            “Great idea,” Vince said and pulled her out of her chair. He dragged her away with most of the people in the restaurant staring at them

            “What is your problem?” Auri asked when they were outside and she refused to get in his car.

            “You are the problem, you’re lucky I didn’t kill that guy, he wanted to bed you,” Vince growled at her.

            “Yeah that was the point, I’m sexy and young and if I wanna go out with a guy and do him I can,” she said.

            “You would be in another man’s bed after being with me this morning?” He asked actually sounding hurt, which surprised her.

            “Why not? I don’t belong to anyone and I like sex,” she shrugged.

            “Who are you? This isn’t the way you usually behave,” he said confused.

            “What do you even know about me? We had sex so what doesn’t mean anything, you have sex with different women all the time,” she was getting annoyed.

            “I know you’re pissing me off,” he began to pace.

            “Get over yourself,” Auri said walking away. There was no way she was getting in a car with him, especially when he was getting wolfy.

            She walked through the parking lot feeling a slight chill because of the short slinky little black dress she’d worn. Was it so wrong for her to want some normal in her life? Most of her family was wolves and she was one of the very few witches, that didn’t mean she didn’t deserve a bit of a normal life. When she was younger she wasn’t allowed to go to the school or leave home because her magic was so out of control. But she did mange to get through college and law school and somewhere along the way she tried to experience life outside of the supernatural. But there was no getting away from it here in this small town, she couldn’t avoid the wolves. And they didn’t try to avoid her at all; she was the former alpha wolf’s daughter and sister to the current one. She was seen as a prize to them, but she wasn’t going to play that game. Vince was just a good time, if she acknowledged that she had feeling for him then it would ruin everything. If she pretended to use him then it hurt a little less that he kept using her.

            The thing with Vince started five years ago; they hooked up after Javier and Mackenzie’s wedding. At first she wouldn’t have sex with him because she knew better. Common sense obviously left her because he wanted her wanted to do dinner and a movie as friends and again they hooked up. The third time he found her at a club with her sisters and it got hot and steamy. That night she gave in and let him take her body to places it had never been. After that they had a few late night rendezvous here and there, but he was never going to commit to her and he never led her to believe otherwise. Still she fell for him even though she knew he was still doing things she didn’t need details on with lots of women. That was Vince, the sexy wolfy doctor and the definition of a one night stand. So why had she fallen for him of all the wolves that wanted her attention? It wasn’t even that she’d never dated or had sex with one of them, she had. But there was just something about Vince and it pissed her off. That was why she wanted to date and purge herself of these stupid feelings she couldn’t admit to having.

            Maybe she was wrong to try to use Todd to forget Vince, but she really had thought he was interesting. It was safer to date a human than date different wolves; they were way too possessive and would kill each other. So maybe she needed to look into the delicious looking demons out at the farm. She wasn’t sure why she hadn’t dated one yet, probably because she had wanted normal. At least with the wolves they looked human most of the time, the demons had horns. They hid them pretty well but it was a fact that didn’t bother her but completely contradicted normal. Everything about Vince contradicted normal and her feelings for him weren’t normal. She couldn’t figure it out, she was young and pretty and lots of guys wanted her. There was a time years ago she’d fell in love and considered marrying a wolf, but that didn’t work out because she was young and stupid with a murderous father. Maybe the reason she pulled away from the supernatural type community was because they mated for life and that was too much of a commitment for her. For a male wolf to mate the wolf half had to see the female (or in rare cases male) in question as their life partner. There was no divorce, once you were mated that was it you were with that person for eternity. And she wasn’t certain if she was up for eternity with one guy, no matter what he was.

            “Aurielle, come home with me, I lost my temper,” Vince said when he caught up with her.

            “I’m over being used Vince, just let it go,” she said without turning. She wasn’t even sure where she was walking to. Would picking up a guy in a bar and doing him in the bathroom really be that bad?

            “Please,” he hissed as if it was hard to say. “Please, let’s talk about this.”

            “Nothing to talk about, we had sex a few times it was fun and now it’s over. I’m sure there’s some chick out there that wants some of Doctor Rivers, find one and leave me alone,” she told him.

            “Aurielle,” he said glaring at her when he stopped and grabbed her. “Just for tonight, if you never want to see me again after that then you’ll have your wish. Well if it can be avoided, I can’t stop being Javier’s 2nd, but I’ll leave you alone.”

            “Why were you even at that restaurant?” She asked feeling defeated, when he pouted at her how could she turn him down?

            “I was picking up my dinner, which I completely forgot about,” he shook his head.

            “Let’s go grocery shopping then I’ll make dinner, since you ruined mine too,” she said. He actually looked sorry, but she wasn’t going to fall for his act. One last night and she’d never even look at him again.

            “You cook? I thought that was just Stella and Loraine?” He asked, she just rolled her eyes. With two chef sisters of course she knew how to cook.

            “There are about a million things you don’t know about me,” she replied.

            “I want everything learn about you,” he said. She stared at him; he smiled and pulled her to kiss him. This was bad.

 

 

            The next afternoon I sat out on the patio at my house staring into space, it was quiet and peaceful, a rare thing at my house. Noah and Mena were asleep on the lounger. There were wolves sleeping in the shade under the trees, my guards in disguise. My other guards where in the house eating my food and using my central air. I needed to clear my mind, I’d been thinking a lot about the past lately and I wasn’t sure why.

            When I was born my 16year old mother gave me away to a human man whose daughter born on the same day had died. His wife didn’t know that her baby had died or that her husband found a replacement, but they did love me. At the time my mother and father weren’t exactly together, they had a huge fight and she left him. He thought she had a miscarriage, but she just spelled herself so no one would know she was pregnant, well except for her mother, grandmother and best friend my Aunt Vanessa. I never knew any of this until I was 16 and my mom aunts found me in a store at the mall.

            I had a pretty good life with the humans I guess, I mean I had to hide the fact that I had visions because I was terrified they wouldn’t love me anymore. The Jordans were very conservative Christians; they lived their lives by the bible and taught their many children to do the same. With me they had 8 children, there was a baby born after me but I don’t know about after her. Rose was a good mother and a housewife, she’d home schooled her older children at first but with so many and a house to take care of eventually she sent them to a Christian school run by the church. I went to preschool and kindergarten there, they are very strict. Between home and school I learned that telling anyone about my visions was a very bad idea. Richard was a truck driver, so he was gone a lot and with so many kids money was tight. But Rose always tried to keep us happy and entertained.

            On Christmas Eve when I was 5years old, I was kidnapped. Just taken right from my bed in the middle of the night by men I had never seen before. They took me away to a big house with high walls around it, I cried so hard the whole way there. Zenis Alonso the then Alpha Werewolf was behind my kidnapping. Apparently it was foretold that I would become the most powerful witch and seer, so he wanted to have me to use for his power hungry madness. He wasn’t a nice man and only pretended to be when it suited him, so he was never really nice to me. Though I suppose I was lucky because even if he wasn’t kind he at least never hurt me physically.

            The day his men brought me to his house he looked at me with my tear streaked face and then picked me up and threw me towards his son, Javier. He told him to make me shut up until his wife Annalia came home to deal with me. Javier took me up to my new bedroom that came with locks on the outside of the door. Somehow he managed to calm me down and get me to sleep. In the morning I woke up to find that he stayed all night watching over me. Ana treated me like I was one of her children and Zenis never complained because he figured if I was happy that I would cooperate and wouldn’t run away. Together Ana and Zenis had 10 children and Ana raised 5 children from his mistresses. Seven others still lived in town, but all together he’d had more than 50 living children in his lifetime. Zenis was a very old werewolf, when he was human he had been a poor Spanish farmer about 145 years ago.

            Anyway, one thing you have to understand about supernatural types is that studying our genetics is near impossible for obvious reasons. So nobody really knows why when a werewolf has children they aren’t werewolves too. Werewolves look different than born wolves and they aren’t bound by the moon’s call like werewolves. So while female werewolves can’t have children because they have to change, born wolf females can because they can simply not change. There are more born wolves these days than weres, mostly because the weres usually have a lot of children. The trouble with weres having children is the mother; human women have a higher miscarriage rate than non-human women. Ana happens to be a witch, 8 of her children are wolves and 2 are witches.

            When dealing with mixed genetics you are usually born one thing and not both. Like you can come from a wolf and a witch but you would only be a wolf or a witch, never both. That’s usually the case; however I found out that I defy that rule and all the logic behind genetics. I am both a demon and a witch; I possess abilities from both sides. And if I wasn’t odd enough there is my son. Noah defies all logic, he is part wolf, part demon and part witch. There are no male witches, as I’ve been told they just don’t exist anymore. Popular legend is that a few different female covens got together to get rid of the male witches, sorcerers and wizards because the males thought they could control the females so they proved them wrong. All I know is that Noah is the only male witch to be born in at least a thousand years.

            Since I was once kidnapped and because both Noah and I are rare beings, we have to be guarded constantly. My father has two of his most trusted guards watching me and Javier has his wolves. He became the Alpha wolf almost 5years ago, shortly after we were married. So he has all the power and authority in this town, most people just think he’s a pediatrician. My husband is a well respected hard working doctor; nobody would suspect he’s really a wolf. About half the people in our town are in his pack, and anybody who knows about us that isn’t pack knows to keep their mouths shut.

            There hasn’t ever been a day where my life was uncomplicated and easy, it was just never in fate’s plans for me. I couldn’t really figure out why I was thinking of the past. Maybe the reality of marrying my kidnapper’s son was finally hitting me, I knew it was rather out there but I love Javier. To make my life even more dysfunctional I was living in the same town I grew up in as a prisoner, I was rarely allowed out of Zenis’ house growing up. Actually I wasn’t alone in that because he was very protective of his daughters, (even though he showed them no affection) they weren’t really allowed out unless it was for school. They were always like sisters to me and they always found ways to get in trouble. So while I may have grown up a prisoner in big fancy house with a full staff and where I always got anything I wanted (except freedom), it wasn’t as bad as it could be. Javier was always protective of me and I did have Auri who is like my other half.

            I had the feeling that there was some reason I was thinking of the past, I was even picturing it. Maybe it was a sign of some sort, fate has a way of toying with us and giving us puzzles. Could it be that I was going to come in contact with someone from my past? In my 22years of living I’d met quite a few people, so it could be anybody. I never did see any of the members of my human family again; they only lived about 45 minutes away. It was best for me not to see them; I could never be that little girl they knew as their child ever again. They would never accept what I am, I’m not human and what I am is beyond their realm of understanding. In their minds I would be some form of evil, when I’m anything but. Besides it was safer for them to forget me. How could I explain the truth to them?

            Before my cell phone even had a chance to ring, I picked it up. I’d known Auri was going to call before she even picked up her phone. No vision needed, we are just connected enough to know when we need each other. She needed me, I knew she would, she lives in my house and didn’t come home last night. So it meant one of two things and I was pretty sure I knew what it was.

 



© 2010 Britiney Harper


Author's Note

Britiney Harper
i just did a little revising soo its a bit different...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a little confusing, but I otherwise like, no, love it! Most people who write about witches make wild, false assumptions about spells and scrying and what not, and I love that you didn't! Thank you for the amazing read.

~Blessed Be

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The story is outstanding. I will try to read on. Description of characters is excellent. Story line is very good.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Quite the intersting write here, I like it though,
Nice layout and and intriguing. Kidnapped on Chritsmas eve
How horrifying! Very well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

490 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2009
Last Updated on January 14, 2010


Author

Britiney Harper
Britiney Harper

pittsburgh, PA



About
...A Few Things... 1) Hi! I'm Britiney 2) I Love to Write 3) I love to read 4) I'm a nerd 5) i love my Family more than anything else 6) I've been writing since i was 8yrs old (but really b4 tha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..