Markus, forever the fool.

Markus, forever the fool.

A Story by The Kreative Kreature
"

An introduction of one my favorite characters, Markus. This is a short story that sums him up nicely.

"
The sunset had painted the sky red and he stood beneath it watching it turn blue, then purple when he heard that familiar voice say one word.

"Bye"

Slowly he turned only because he was holding back the burst of excitement that he was sure would give his feelings away, then again, she probably won't even notice. He fought back that foolish grin and instead managed to give her a gentle smile which she returned with that giggle he had now memorized.

Knowing that simple grin is that all she would get out of him she went on her way leaving him there.

In silence he stood as he watched her go, she was never his, not even close. Standing alone under the sky that was now turning black he took a deep breath and called himself 'stupid' for the second time this week. As the stars came out he put his feelings away just like he had always done, not just with her but with others before her.

He was good at pretending not to care, he was cold and at times heartless but every so often, some girl would break through his walls just like this one had done. He had perfected hatred, became emotionless to the pain of others that he simply didn't care about. There was so much he had gone through that he was sure that darkness had lived within him but this girl was a flicker of light that had pierce the veneer he wore so well.

Drawing in the cool air he finally noticed that she was gone, out of his sight and far away from what his heart was screaming. Alone again, he put on those same white headphones that would drown out the world around him as he began to leave. In silence he walked in the darkness that he would tell you he was apart of, while he listened to those songs that only made him want her even more.

Looking up at the stars he was reminded just how insignificant he was and for the hundredth time the darkness within him asked that familiar question:

"Who would want you anyway?"

As the music played he continued on his silent walk under the stars that had been shinning for millions of years as hid the dim, pale light that he swore didn't shine in his heart for her. She would never be his, she wasn't his to take and he knew he wouldn't be a very good thief anyway, so he kept on walking. With every step and every lyrics heard he knew it would only take a single look from her to make him feel this way again but he also knew she would never be his.

Alone and in silence he walked and listened to songs that reminded him of her as he knew deep down he would always remain Markus, forever the fool... that let her go.

© 2014 The Kreative Kreature


Author's Note

The Kreative Kreature
My first One-Shot story.

I never posted my stories online before so your feedback would be awesome!
If you don't like it let me know, if I written something wrong let me know because I am here to learn and to become a better writer. I also hope it's in the right genre if not let me know too.

Thanks in advance, (takes deep breath) may the critique/reviews began.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on November 25, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014
Tags: want, love, crush, music, angst, heartbreak

Author

The Kreative Kreature
The Kreative Kreature

AZ



About
I'm a freshman in college pursuing my dream of becoming a filmmaker. I love video editing but I also like to write and I would like to become a good writer. I'm passionate about the kind of storie.. more..