Born in Fire

Born in Fire

A Poem by Big Bison
"

wild horse, runs his fury...

"

The horse runs like wild flame, caressing the plain, out of the prairie fire he runs.

The silhouette of a feral domain crosses its shadow on monuments of clay that sweep over the river banks as the cool rush of water blasts across the pasterns of the horse of fire.

Steam roars like a pot ready to boil over with wild fury. Kissing the midnight sky, the flames flicker out of his long mane reaching out like a lariat, roping in the thrill of getting burned by ones own desire and salvage the unwarranted lost souls from fire alight.

Like a wild fire he roars, out of the valley of shadow bringing with him the light of departed spirits weeping, wailing for redemption...upon the back of "Born in Fire".

Fighting and flirting with the heat of power, the pride and passion, steadfast the horse hurries across the wind rolled blue grass leaving behind a trail of blaze glowing like funeral pyres in the face of the midnight sun, beckoning us to ride upon his back and taste the wild fury of the untamed…

© 2011 Big Bison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

121 Views
Added on June 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 16, 2011

Author

Big Bison
Big Bison

Carlisle, KY



About
I am an Artist, I am a writer, an academic, a horseman, a person with pride in his Native American heritage...basically....I AM more..

Writing
Revelation Revelation

A Poem by Big Bison