A life without Him

A life without Him

A Story by bhea

Death is retiring and needs to find a replacement for the job. People die due to sadness or extreme sadness. Ever felt that piercing pain in your chest when you are mentally hurt and extremely sad? And no matter how hard we try, we keep running into dead ends. Or banging our head against the wall, or wailing to achieve or do the things we want to do.

As Lovely sat alone in her apartment, finishing her second cup of coffee, she reflected on how difficult a year it had been. She was working part time, going to the school fulltime. Her grades were slipping because she had lost the will to get out of the bed in time for class, and staying focused enough to study was nearly impossible. Her teacher caught Lovely sleeping in class.

“Ms. Lovely Teja! Is our classroom an apartment for you to sleep here?” Lovely just nodded her head
“You're always late, often attends class and has failing grades in almost all subjects and here you are sleeping and not listening in every words I say.” her teacher says.

Her classmates stared at her and snickered quietly
“Get out! I don't need a student like you in my class.” the teacher shouted.
Lovely got out from class like nothing happened and went home.

“Why did you come early? I thought you have work after class. I need money can I borrow some?” her mother asked.

“I'm so tired of everything I'm only 19 but I'm already the breadwinner of this family I didn't even have the chance to go out and hang with my friends or buy something for myself. Look at me it's like my youth had been taken away from me." Lovely replied.

“Don't make some excuses just because you don't want to go to work. You're just my daughter I'm the one who gave birth to you!” her mother shouted.

After that Lovely went to work with hard feelings. When she entered their office, their boss suddenly shouted at her.
“Hey Lovely! I told you to go to work early because I badly need the files that I told you to finish.”
But Lovely didn't say a word
“Lovely! The investors already backed off because of that stupid file and you didn't even say a word. You're fired!” her boss said with anger.

Lovely packed her things and just left.
On her way home a girl approached her in the waiting shed. When someone approached her and asked.
“Is this chair occupied?” Lovely replied with a nod
“I noticed that you look depressed. What keeps you sad and lonely?” the girl asked.
Lovely didn't notice that her tears were starting to fall
“I just got fired from work, my family didn't even care about me. I often go to school just to give them financial support. I am worthless and miserable I think the only way to get out is death.” Lovely replied.
“Death is not the answer to run away from all the pain and stress even though you think that no one loves you there is still that one person that sees all your pain but still accepts you from who you are just trust him and believe that he is with you no matter how hard the life you are struggling with” the girl said.

Lovely sobs and bowed her head. The girl tapped her back and soon left as Lovely lifted her head to thank her, she had already gone. Lovely was left wondering.

A few days passed, as Lovely was scrolling through her social accounts something caught her attention. It was girl in the waiting shed. She died a few days before they met and the cause of her death was suicide, and on that moment, she realized why the little girl had said what she did.

Living is not about ending your life because you are tired and want to run from all your problems. Just because you always suffer and are unhappy doesn't mean that you'll never experience happiness remember that God doesn't give you struggles that you can't handle. Just believe in Him and you can.

© 2018 bhea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have already established your brand of writing. That's good!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Siguro hindi ito kapanipaniwala pero naluha ako sa gawa mo. Relate ako sa nararamdaman ni lovely. :( ang sad nito pero ang lovely (hehehe). And your last line though, 'yan din rason ko why i should keep on holding onto Him. Kaya natin 'to bhea!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2018
Last Updated on August 4, 2018

Author

bhea
bhea

Writing
Silent Suffering Silent Suffering

A Story by bhea


Dead man living Dead man living

A Poem by bhea