Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

My mind was frazzled at what was happening..

"

I woke up to lying in my bed, wrapped in a thick blanket. I got to move, and I struggle falling back unto the bed. I looked around to see him, Mizu sitting in a chair across the room. I cringed at thought of what happened last night. How did I get in here? He looked up his clear blue eyes faded over with sadness. I blinked everything fuzzy. He stood up walking over to me, and removing the blanket from my feet. My bare foot was swollen; it was also black and blue.


Mizu reached over grabbing some bandage and started wrapping my ankle swiftly. He was soft about it, everything about his movements were soft. The way he looked at my injured ankle, the way he breathed. Everything was gentle, like I was a broken mirror that he had to pick up the mess from. I squeezed my eyes closed a tear slipping down my cheek. I never thought that being rejected from him would make me feel this empty inside.


It created this deep dark crater in my stomach. Something was decaying like old fruit in my heart. My chest felt heavy, and ached in ways I haven’t felt since my father died. I heard nothing in the house but, our breathing. Where is my mother?


I jumped out of the bed quickly, and then screamed in agony. “Whoa!” he screamed at me. “What is wrong with you?” “My mom,” I growled, with a hint of worry in the tone. “Where is she?” I had a begging tone now. He shrugged, as if saying I thought you would know.


I started to limp out of the room. “Stop,” he said angrily trying to keep me from walking on my injured ankle. I tried to open my mother’s door, but it wouldn’t budge.


It was locked.


“Mom,” I gasped for air. “Please answer me,” my words could barely come out. I stood back a few inches, feeling myself fill with determination. I hit myself against the door, the door still wouldn’t budge. Then tears started to come, and Mizu stood in front of me. “Whoa whoa, wait a second,” he assured me. I squeezed my eyes closed, as I backed away from the door.

“Something’s wrong,” I whispered. Then Mizu backed away from the door, and rammed himself against it. I gasped as the door fell to the ground. I rushed past him, and into my mother’s room. “Mom,” I exclaimed rushing through the room and to the bathroom.


And, there she was limp on the floor, a pill bottle lying next to her. “Mom!! No,” I screamed falling to my knees next to her, “please no,” I cried shaking her. Mizu kneeled down putting his fingers on her neck. “Call 911,” he whispered. Still sobbing, I pulled out my phone.


My heart was ripped out at that moment. How didn’t I see? How could I let this slip by? I was a failure of a daughter.


This couldn’t, this couldn’t be happening.

***



© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
any opinions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beverly Jane

11 Years Ago

good wow, or bad wow?O.o
Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

Good and suprised wow
Beverly Jane

11 Years Ago

Cool. :D Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on January 18, 2013
Last Updated on January 18, 2013
Tags: Love


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane