Brand new eyes

Brand new eyes

A Chapter by Davey-sama
"

My first chapter of my new book ;3

"

I was mortified. I couldn't believe what I was watching whilst peering through my rifle scope. I could see Amelia. The girl I had loved for years, was put up on a crucifiction cross. She was starving to death. Her fragile bones protruding through her now ruined porcelain skin. How could these monsters do this to such a beautiful girl? These slavers don't care though do they? They'd trade their own family for money. They made me furious, but they didn't look like normal slavers. They were dressed like Romans, and there is only one society I had heard of with that description. Caeser's Legion. A horde of cruel, yet well disciplined slavers you would never want to come across. It's said, the whole of this Legion are males, and raised killers. No compassion, no empathy. The women are treated like a breeding stock. Raped and brutilised. People talk about these Legionaries all across the Mojave Wasteland.

          I couldn't watch her any longer. The distinct agony she was in. I couldn't let her die like this. I continued to look through my scope, aiming the cross hair at her head. My finger slowly beginning to squeeze the trigger. I held my breath, trying not to cry. It felt like my heart was going to rip out my chest. The gun fired and the bullet penetrated her forehead. I watched the Legionaries scramble about, looking for me. I was on the side of a cliff, hidden. In the dead of night. With the silencer on which made sure they couldn't anticipate where the bullet came from. I was safe, and Amelia was in a better place.

 

That night I couldn't sleep. I laid awake. I couldn't quite believe what I made myself do. It was the right thing wasn't it? What those Legions probably did to her. Beat her, rape her, unimaginable things. Images just span through my head all night.

         It became morning slowly. I rised from my bed at Goodspring and stepped outside and as always the weather was hot, people were talking to eachother as if they had nothing to fear. They were so lucky. The sun's heat brushed over my skin and gave me a slight feel of hope. Like, some part of Amelia was still here. I smiled lightly and made my way over to the Saloon. "Hey Mia, how're you doing? You came home late last night, did you find the people who took Amelia?" Judeth said to me as I walked in. She poored a glass of whiskey and set it on the counter where I would usually sit. I sat giving out a large sigh. "She's dead. I had to kill her, they put her on a cross to starve."

"What! What kind of people would do something like that!"

I looked up, my eyes flooded with anger making me grip my whiskey glass tightly. "The Legion" Those words left everyone quiet. Those words made me sick. The awkward silence began to slip. Judeth put her hand on mine. "I'm so sorry Mia. You couldn't stop it, this isn't your fault." She said to me softly. "What are you going to do now?"

"Kill every last Legion soldier, and cut off Caeser's head." Everyone stared at me surprised. Lost for words, scared for what could happen to me. But I didn't care. They took away the one person who understood me, who loved me. Someone, who I would do absolutely anything for. She was gone because of them. "Mia.."

"They need to be stopped!" I shouted slamming my empty whiskey glass on the counter. No one then dared to tell me otherwise.

         I sat at the bar for a few hours, thinking what I should do. People tell me revenge isn't worth it, two wrongs don't make a right. But what could I do? I couldn't just sit there and do nothing while those monsters torture and rape innocent people. Sell them off for money, or kill countless families. It was inhumane. After I finished my 5th shot of whiskey I made a trip to the General store just next to the saloon. So sure of myself, so determined to have Caeser begging for his inferior existence. I won't empathise for him. I'd look him in the eye, and I will destroy him. Darren, the General store owner watched me as I walked straight up to him. He could see the darkness in my eyes as it began to consume me. I was losing myself. "I need ammunition for Maria, my Hunting Rifle and Varmint Rifle." I demanded.

"That's, 9mm round, .308 and 5.56mm?" Darren asked me looking through his ammunition cases. "Yes please."

"How many?"

"All you have"

"That's a lot of hard earned caps Mia" Darren said looking at me with worry.

"Right now, I just want Caeser and his Legion dead." I paid him for the caps, and went back to my home to prepare.



© 2011 Davey-sama


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not usually my kind of thing but I found myself becoming more and more absorbed. (kill countless of families. - minus the of?) I think you should absolutely continue Chelsea. c:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011


Author

Davey-sama
Davey-sama

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Name's Dave. Nice to meet you. I like writing. more..

Writing
Dead Debut Dead Debut

A Chapter by Davey-sama