Mankind Destroyed Itself

Mankind Destroyed Itself

A Story by Baphomet
"

First try at writing

"
You wake up, you are underground. You are sure of this because of the apparent lack of windows and the damp that's seeping through the cracks in the walls. You have various tubes and wires ranging from your veins and connected to a nearby machine. This machine looks like the only electronic appliance alive in this place. It is the only remnant of its kind you think.
My head HURTS
The first thing that comes to your mind.
You try to get up and thankfully to the machine pumping your muscles full of nutrients you are able to. The only light in this dim room is the constantly flickering lamp next to your bed. It looks oddly out of place. It is also connected to the same source of electricity as the machine that cradled you for so long. By the flickering of the lamp you can tell the energy was becoming ever more absent. The lack of electricity pulsing through the machine must have woken you up. You don't remember anything.
Who am I
You manage to feel your way around the walls to the exit of this room. The walls are wet coated in what feels like water, you can't be sure.
Whatever this facility was, it was oddly small. It consisted, as you feel, of the room you woke up in, you decide to call this room your bed chambers, and a not-so-long corridor leading to a ladder.
You reluctantly climb the ladder. The  paint peeling under the grip of your hands.
It is dark above you and your hands feel for a leaver of some sort. It is a man hole.
You push the man hole out.
I'M BLIND
You almost loose grip of the ladder as sunlight bathes you. But you hold on, you must hold on.
You manage to blink your way out of there and you are now lying on your back. Hard, cracked almost searing hot concrete warms your back. You now realise you are wearing Leather. A leather jacket that will last you the rest of your life, accompanied by hospital robe pants.
This is an odd match but it will have to do for now. You are not able to fully open your eyes and you get up and stumble into the shade of a nearby building. Blinking you look at the building. A sudden fear, paranoia creeping in at you. How long have you been asleep.
You stare at the graffiti.
You can tell by the almost perfect colour that it had been done recently.
Mankind destroyed itself.

© 2011 Baphomet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That wasn't bad, you should have taken this story a bit further.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Added on June 7, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011

Author

Baphomet
Baphomet

United Kingdom