Collection of Short Poems

Collection of Short Poems

A Poem by Azmurith
"

These are all small, no more than three sentence poems. The asterisk* marks a new poem.

"

*Can anyone lend me their star to brighten my dark skies if only for a second. My star faded long ago and no matter how much I struggle, it remains elusive...
*There is no heart larger than the heart of man madly in love...
*You and I shall forever be intertwined just as the sun and moon are forever together.
  -or-
*Our love shall forever be intertwined just as the sun and moon are together, forever.
*Forever intertwined. Never one without the other. Yet they never know each other's embrace. They must always look upon the other's retreating footsteps. Our love will forever mimic the dancing between the sun and moon.
*I daily compete for your attention yet you pay me no heed. Only at night am I absent from your side. Yet you pay me no heed. I would follow you to the end of this world and back, if you but turned and asked. I am your lover during sorrow, your companion on a long journey, your ever-lasting friend in the light...I am your shadow.
*Wherever I look, I see your beautiful smile. I can hear your laughter on the wind. I can see your shadow at night. Yet, you do not even see me as I stand right before you.
*I can no longer move forward. I will forsake the company of all and move backwards just to have you again.
*What do you want? I have given you my heart, my soul, my trust. My entire entity is yours to do with however you wish. Yet it is not good enough for you.
*When I look upon a mirror, I see something. It may not be what everyone else sees but it is the true me. Reminding me that he is still there deep down behind all the lies...
*You may not like what you are but if I could choose to have only one thing in the world, it would be a picture of you to hold forever.
*People say dreaming is an escape from reality. What if we actually dream to remind ourselves that reality is sometimes better than the nightmare.
*Why must you linger on the fringes of my grasp. Never truly mine but never gone. You just stand there and tease me, you must know it. Why torment me so when I so obviously want you.
*Judge me how you want, yell until your voice gives up, beat me til your muscles give way. For I will never falter in what I know to be true.
*How long must I beg for your attention, I'm running out of breath. I can only stay choked up in the shadows for so long before I must step away and leave you.
*If I can walk so easily into your life, does that mean I can walk out just as easy?
*I envy the sun. While he sleeps, I lay awake. I can not escape from my prison. Everywhere I look I am reminded of you. You, who does not even see me in the halls. You control my every thought. If only I could hold but a moment of yours.
*No matter how many people I fool. I can never fool the one it truly matters, me.
-or-
*It doesn't matter how many or how good I get at fooling others; I can never fool the one who matters most, me.
*My vision has clouded and I can no longer see the path. I remember where I was going, I just can't find the way.
*Where is the one that will brush away these clouds and brighten my days again?
*Let it be known; if you never take risks for love, love will never take risks for you.
*Why waste the energy of hurting over your past memories, nothing will change. They are just a hindrance to a better, brighter future.
-and-
* Why waste the energy of hurting over your past memories, nothing will change. They are just a hindrance to a better, brighter future. For there will always be light behind the darkness no matter how long or deep the dark may be, eventually it'll retreat and your world will be brightened once more.
*No matter the situation; purity will triumph over sin.
*In every waking moment the thought of you tortures me. I have loved you for so long and hoped for so long yet there is no sign that you have even noticed me. I am but a shadow in your world pushed to the side.
*Now I've gone and jumped. Will I continue to fall or will your love bring me to a grinding halt and slowly raise me back up?
*You may hate and despise me. But no matter what you do I am compelled to help you and will always feel your pain as you suffer.
*I can feel it lurking there still
Just on the edges of the light, waiting
The darkness is still all around
-or-
*I can feel it creeping ever closer. I should have known she could only keep it at bay for so long. Without you the darkness will always return
*Every time I see your name I die a little bit inside because I know just how much more it could be with my last name beside(?behind?) it.
*Every girl is beautiful in their own way, but you beat every girl in every way.
*If I could but see your smile one more time before bed, I wouldn't mind sleeping forever.
*I don't think you see it yet but every time you smile and your eyes shine, you get me wrapped even tighter around your finger.
*Now I've gone and jumped. Will you take the chance to fall with me or will you shy away from the edge and run?
*When will you stop and see, you are all I see.
*You see me smile but do you know the reason why I smile is you?
*You see me smiling at you but did you know you're the reason why I always smile even when I shouldn't.
*Do I fill your waking moments as much as you fill mine?
*The ultimate act of love is not giving yourself to someone but the act of giving yourself up for someone.
*No longer must I blindly flail about. Your presence has washed away my darkness and given me something to hold onto.
*That moment when you realize you'd give anything for that one person but you could never tell them that.
*Love is like climbing a mountain, when you fall, you fall hard and far.
*I was so close to finally grasping my wish but something always gets in the way. Will this obstacle be brushed aside as everything else or will this be what brings my world crashing down?
*Remember when I said I loved you, no, that's because you never gave me the chance to.
*What hurts the most is not losing you, but the thoughts that will forever haunt me of what could have been.
*Words, actions; it doesn't matter, nothing wipes away past injuries. You are either forgiven or not.
*I cant find anyone capable of taking you off my mind. *Why wont your memories fade away into the shadows just as every other girl has?
*Why can't I find a star to shine as brightly as you did?
*If I told you a secret, would you keep it; or betray me as all I've ever known from those I've loved. What if that secret was that I hoped you were different that you'd take all my secrets to the grave. And maybe, just maybe share yours.
*No matter how long I go without seeing you, I still remember the sound of your voice and the way your face shone when you smiled.
*Long after I've forgotten how to hear, the sound of your laughter on the wind remains.
*Its been years since I've seen the sun, yet I still remember the way your face shone when you smiled.
*Forever young at heart no matter how old your senses become. Remember these golden years and relive them over and over again. Don't hurt over that which does not matter and hold tight to that which does. Love those that take the time to love you and allow those who don't to go die alone in misery because they never knew your brilliance.

© 2014 Azmurith


Author's Note

Azmurith
These are a bunch of small little quips I wrote before my long poems. So if someone of these are in the longer poems that is why. Just want to know what you all think of these, thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on July 25, 2014
Last Updated on July 25, 2014