The Teaser

The Teaser

A Chapter by Atul Aditya

Annie was no stranger to science fiction, but she was comfortable with it because it was after all fiction. So, when a spaceship stopped over her house to beam her in. She was surprised.


 “Lady, You have to tell us the story from the beginning and we want no personal notes just account the story chronologically!” the green man said. His fin ears stooped.


“As always” Annie began yet again, this time trying to keep her story as impersonal as she could, just want to go home now. ”I was ready to take off to school with my mom” she told them, “When I felt as suddenly everything stopped. I was alone in my room at that moment. It was a very weird fee..”.


“C’mon Ms Greene. Please keep your feelings out of the narrative. We have no place for them.”


Annie stopped a bit irritated for being cut off for such a small mistake. It was almost impossible to make the story completely free of her feelings, being completely opposite in nature to what she had learnt to do all her life. “Ok” She took a deep breath and continued. “ To ..er… investigate if I was indeed correct, I went down and was surprised to see everything frozen in time.”


“So you called a number?” he asked.


“I called my country’s emergency number not that I thought it would work but I was panicking and had no idea what to do next.” She told him.


“Record this” the green man told his assistant “The signal through which she was found was her calling an emergency number.” He turned his gaze towards Annie again. “ Please Continue.”


“Well, nothing happened when I dialled it, but seconds later with a pulling sensation I was on a spaceship. I tried to take hold of myself after it beamed me up”.


“Teleported you up!”


“Yeah, whatever beaming is the term for it I know from Star Trek”


“No, beaming and transporting are different things totally. One involves carbon copying of every molecule in your body and destruction of the original one. Teleporting is actual transport of every molecule in from the pickup to destination point”


“ I don’t see how this helps the story” asked Annie very irritably.


“Keeps our records 100% correct. A pulling sensation can only be due to actual transport.”


“Okay.” Annie took a long breath again. “Obviously, at once I didn’t know that I was in a spaceship because as far as I knew they didn’t exist.  So I tried to hide myself under the couch in the room I was in, when I heard approaching footsteps. That’s when he found me.”


“Who found you?” he asked.


“Wren!”

 



© 2013 Atul Aditya


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013