Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Atermon_hours

Persephone jumped out of her bed. She took a few deep breaths as she looked around her.

"It was just a dream..." she uttered, as she found herself alone in her room.

She rubbed her eyes with her palms to shake the sleep off her as she noticed something.

"What the..." she murmured knitting her eyebrows as her eyes focused on the small symbol on her left wrist.

It looked like a small tattoo, even though she could swear she had never been near a tattoo parlor ever in her short life. It was barely visible and she had to squint her eyes to see its details. It resembled the letter "S" with some sort of harvesting scythe circling it.

"No way..." she spoke breathless as she carefully touched it with her right thumb.

"Yes?" a deep voice spoke behind her.

She yelped in surprise as she fell down on her back.

"Ow..." she groaned as she closed her eyes as a subtle pain pierced her body.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" the voice inquired softly.

Persephone opened her eyes. Her gaze focused on the dark figure looking at her with a worried look.

"Seth? You're real?" she asked trying to regain her composure.

"In the way that you humans conceive reality, yes I am real." Seth spoke.

Persephone stood up and walked a few paces away from him.

"You mean this was not a dream?" she asked terrified as she remembered the being Seth introduced himself as.

"I'm afraid not. Look I'm sorry if I scared you..." he apologised, averting his gaze from hers.

"Since it wasn't a dream does this mean... that she's dead?" she whispered the last word not sure if she wanted to hear the answer.

Seth remained silent.

She felt two hot tears rolling down her cheeks and she wiped them quickly.

"It's ok to cry." he spoke sadly.

"I don't like to cry. I don't want to show how weak I am." she answered quickly turning her face away from his.

"I know you better than you know yourself Persephone. I know that you're not weak." Seth told her.

"Can I do something?" Persephone asked cautiously.

He nodded.

Gathering all her courage she walked towards him and she placed her hand warily on his touching his bare skin. It was ice cold and pale.

She shivered from the touch.

"You're real..." she stated.

"Yes." he agreed.

She looked at him sceptically.

"I always thought you were older..." Persephone said.

"Well we choose what age to look." Seth said.

"I see." she spoke.

Suddenly Persephone started to feel dizzy. She saw Seth turning around quickly.

"Persephone you must sleep now." He said glancing back at her.

She tried to protest but she felt herself unable to keep her eyes opened.

The last thing she saw was Seth raising his middle and ring finger up, as she fell on the floor with a small thud.

A bright light filled the room. Seth clasped his hands together in prayer and fell on his knees.

"Get up Ace" a monotonous voice spoke.

Seth looked at the newcomer. He was a man in his late twenties with long, golden hair and an angelic face. He was pretty tall with a sculpted body that showed underneath his white robe.

"How can I help you Romeo?" Seth spoke avoiding to look into Romeo's eyes.

"You know very well the reason I am here... Seth." He spat his name in disgust.

"She summoned me..." Seth told him with boldness in his voice.

"You know the rules Ace..." Romeo warned him before dissapearing into the same bright light.

Seth sighed and trod towards the sleeping figure of Persephone, kneeling besides her.

"She might be the one" he spoke softly smiling to himself as he run his fingers through her hair.


© 2010 Atermon_hours


Author's Note

Atermon_hours
English is not my native language so I know there are a couple of grammar and spelling issues...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on August 17, 2010
Last Updated on August 17, 2010


Author

Atermon_hours
Atermon_hours

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Greetings... My name is Lydia and I live in Greece. I enjoy reading and writing stories. I love poetry even though I'm not very good at it. I also enjoy sketching taking long walks and playing th.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Atermon_hours