Oblivion

Oblivion

A Stage Play by Asma
"

A long text describing the feeling of the fear of being forgotten

"
OBLIVION



People just die, and when I said "just", it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt or that i don't care, but hey death is inevitable. No matter what was the cause of death, how we die or when but when it comes whether we're healthy, sick or close to death, it just comes. I believe that GOD makes us die for a reason because if there wasn't death, life would be just boring, we certainly would get bored of each other, i think we love each other just because we know that one day we will lose those people we'r attached to,because we know that we will miss those specefic persons, and we'll know that it would make a little hole in our hearts if they die. Every human in this world had experienced the death of someone close no matter what was the relation, we all experienced it at least once and there's nothing good about it. We know it hurts, we know we gonna miss the gone ones, we know it's hard to get thro it but we eventually forget about this dear person, maybe in a month, maybe in two maybe in a week, a year, a decade but what i'm sure about is that we will forget about this person.

Some people know that death is knocking their doors, and some doesn't, and some saw it in their dreams, and some felt it coming and some was just having fun till it just opened the damn door and took away the soul that they've been protecting for like their whole life, but what I know the most that every single person thought of his own death at least once and had this litlle piece of feeling, this little thought, this great fear of being forgotten, which they call THE FEAR OF OBLIVION.

Being afraid of oblivion isn't just a feeling or a little thought that crosses your mind for a while and forgot about, NO, it is an obssession, it is a whole belief.

An obssession that makes some people wanna shine and rise just so they won't be forgotten. It makes us work so hard, not work to have a brighter futur, but work so other people of our family, friends or even strangers talk about us even after death so we won't be forgotten. But that doesn't work like that. Because oblivion is a right to those who are still alive, it is a mercy for them to let go of the memories of the gone ones, and by that I mean I don't expect that a father would want his wife or children to suffer just because he doesn't wanna be forgotten, because this would be so selfish. Some people who has the fear of oblivion think they should be hero's in their own society, and that way they'll stay among us even after their death, and this is it, they do, they become hero's (and by hero's i mean all sort of fame) and they are still among us, we talk about them, we think of them, we still remember them, But little do they know that the world is still fine without them, their own families are doing well without them, it's true that we remember them and maybe tear a tear or two and feel empty sometimes without them but this is the god's will and no one could change that. Like i've said oblivion is a mercy to our hearts.

The fear of oblivion isn't about dead people only, it is about the alive ones too. I mean alive people don't wanna be forgotten too, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ?

"I am like all the girls, a selfish girl when it comes to relations, I might hate my ex and I never want him back but I certainly don't want him to forget about me or about the moments we had together, I want him to remember me forever, I don't wanna be forgotten, I have the fear of oblivion toward my ex"

"I've been living in a neighborhood, a nice one and my neighbors were so nice and cool, but the rent was expensive and I had to move out, but I don't want my neighbors to forget about me, I don't want them to forget about all the barbecues and the parties we had together, I have the fear of oblivion toward my neighbors"

"I worked in a company and it wasn't the right place for me, but i made good relations there and I might did a good work there too, I don't want those people in this company to forget about me or about my good work there, I have the fear of oblivion"

"I had a roommate in the campus and i don't want her to forget about me, I meet this stranger in the bar and we had a nice chit chat and I don't want him to forget about me, I am a prostitute and today i had a date with a nice guy and I had a great night with him and YES I don't want him to forget about me"

Have a thought deep inside yourself, and I will call you a liar if you pretend that you don't have the fear of oblivion, we all have it, we all wanna be remembered, we all are working to be remembered after we'r gone, we all are trying to exist even after we quit, we all got this obssession. But we all should know that we gonna be remembered, in a way or another, we will be there in the mind of others, we will have this little small thought that sticks to our names, and the most important we will be remembered by the ones who loves us the most, parents, partners, and at least one friend and we should be satisfied with this little people that remain to us and with the life that is given to us, we would love to have infinity but everyone has its own infinity.

© 2020 Asma


Author's Note

Asma
What do you think about my writing ? Should I keep up or just cut it already ??
I’m sorry if i made any misspelled words !!

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on May 20, 2020
Last Updated on May 20, 2020
Tags: #oblivion, #writing, #the_fear_of_being_forgotten

Author

Asma
Asma

Oran, Algeria



About
I’m just trying to find my way in this ocean full of words more..