Scene 1

Scene 1

A Story by RJK

 

 

RJ Kleinschmit

March 18th, 2009

Mr. CD

Creative Writing

Scene Creation

Character: Archer K.

The tactician had been on the run for nearly 5 minutes now, and found himself temporarily crouched in the non-existent cover created where two seamless silver walls collide. He was beginning to run out of paths to take. His link with is teammate had been jammed when the alarm was tripped and Archer knew that the odds of him escaping would be slim to none. The only option would to be disable the signal that was jamming his com-link in hopes that V would be able to find a useable escape route.

Faint echoes of footsteps started up from behind again, Archer pulled himself out of his thoughts and quickly scanned the unmarked walls and ceiling for some sort guide to safe escape but, as always, there was no discernable difference from one fluorescent light to the next. A spray of bullets hit the ceiling just over his head in a potentially lethal staccato, one ricocheting off the bulletproof casing around a light fixture and sinking in to the ground a hairs breadth from his left foot.

Archer darted down the unobstructed hallway to his right, feeling completely out of his element as he tried to react on impulse alone. The constant static from his earpiece remained at the edge of his awareness as he jerked around corners almost at random, he knew better than to abandon the vital piece of equipment but in it’s current state it only served as a reminder of how dire his situation truly was.

This was only supposed to be an evaluation of the opponents forces; pose as one of the maintenance crew, breach the surveillance room, hook up the bug, and get out without anyone knowing what had just happened.

Another volley of bullets showered the wall beside Archer, bringing him back to reality as he dove down to avoid the piercing rounds. As he regained his footing he realized an obvious detail that had been escaping his attention until then, it was worth a shot. With new drive Archer sped down the hallway, keeping low and occasionally glancing down at the ground as he twisted through the uniform hallways…

© 2009 RJK


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on March 18, 2009
Last Updated on April 14, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

RJK
RJK

OR



Writing
Short Story 1 Short Story 1

A Story by RJK


Prompt 1 Prompt 1

A Story by RJK