Beginnings

Beginnings

A Chapter by Arabella Knightfair

~*~
Beginnings

~*~

 

“You’re beautiful,” A tall, dark and handsome man said. He looked just over twenty years old; amazing chocolate brown eyes, shaggy brown hair, a curved jaw line and soft lips; a pretty boy. Every girl would swoon over him I was sure.

“Thank you,” I said blushing slightly. We were standing in a small clearing in a forest; the trees around us were beautiful, glossy from the sun’s warm light. The grass slowly swayed in the soft breeze. It felt very cliché; something that I had dreamt of happening.

“I mean it.” he said quietly stepping closer. Our faces were only a couple of inches away from each others. He was the most handsome man I had ever seen in my life. I thought you only met men as handsome as he was on the red carpet. Obviously I was wrong, as he was standing right there in front of me; his beautiful eyes staring into mine, his perfect olive skin delicately shining in the sunlight. I could lightly feel his breath on my lips; my stomach was going crazy with butterflies. Oh how I wanted to kiss him! It was the perfect mood! The perfect setting! My lips were tingling all over just waiting; the anticipation was getting to me, yet I seemed to be frozen on the spot unable to advance.

He slowly moved his hand up to my face, lightly grazing his fingers over my cheek. I closed my eyes as I shuddered at his touch and struggled to breathe. I opened my eyes again to find a slight smile on his lips; he was enjoying this, I could tell.

He seductively leaned forward so his mouth was next to my ear, my breathing quickened.

“I’ve been watching you from afar,” he whispered, “You intrigue me.” My stomach was doing flips. Not one person, not one male had ever made me feel that way before; although that might be because I was only seventeen… and had never been kissed. He pulled away slightly looking at my lips; I glanced down at his perfect soft lips.

“How I’ve been waiting for this,” he whispered even quieter.

This is it! I thought excited yet nervous. My first kiss! He started to lean in, ever so slowly. I closed my eyes; wanting to feel the brush of his lips against mine I was almost impatient.

I could feel his breath getting closer and closer as his hand floated down to the back of my neck. Closer and closer… This is it…

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

My alarm clock screamed loudly with a high pitch beep.

“NOO!” I yelled as I sat up in my double bed. “No, no, no, no, no, no, no!” I angrily grabbed my small round alarm clock pressing every button it had on it to switch the damn thing off.

“Damn it!” I yelled again slamming the poor alarm clock back on the side table. “Why? Why? Why!” I chanted frustrated as I hopped out of bed and pounced over to my dressing table on the other side of the room.

“Why did I have to wake up then? Why must something always ruin my perfect dreams?” I wailed as I looked at my deep brown eyes in the mirror. I brushed my fingers through my long blonde hair untangling the knots that had formed while I was asleep.  I liked being blonde but I didn’t like being stereotyped as the air headed blondes on movies, so I had chocolate brown streaked through the blonde to break it up while dark brown was underneath. My side fringe fell over my right eye and I pushed it behind my ear only to have the shorter pieces fall back down again. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and yawned; it was seven in the morning.

“Everleigh?” I heard mum call from down stairs. “Is that you I hear yelling up there?” I sighed.

“Yes mum!” I said loud enough so she could hear me as she walked up the stairs. She opened my door and popped her head in concerned. Her shoulder length brown hair was tied up in a high pony tail. She looked slender for her height of five foot and eight inches, but that made her all the more beautiful with her amazing blue eyes that stood out next to her creamy skin. My mother was extremely beautiful. I used to get angry at all of my guy friends when they made comments about her looks; I found it gross that they would think of her that way.

All the males I had ever known were the typical ones that would run a mile from a cliché romantic moment. They just weren’t into that, which was unfortunate because I loved romance and that was one turnoff that made me uninterested in all of them. Hence the reason I had never been kissed. I’d been waiting for that one perfect guy that would sweep me off my feet. It made me wonder if there were even any guys left in the world that were like that, anymore.

I only knew one male that fitted that stereotype; my dad. He was a handsome man that worked in business; he owned his own computer design company - Computer Design; CD for short - they designed models of computers and then had them made for particular brands. He absolutely loved it. He could handle pressure well; he even got excited when he had so much work to do that files were falling off of his desk! He said it was because when it got so busy, he knew his business was successful. He wanted to keep on building his reputation and make mum and I �" I’m an only child - even more proud of him than we already were, although mum and I both knew there was another reason: to impress mums dad.

Granddad was a very hard man to impress; he was against mums and dads marriage when they first announced it, but after a lot of discussion (More like arguments and threats of eloping) with mum, he consented; although he did mention he was sure dad wouldn’t make much of himself.

Ever since then Dad had been trying his utmost to impress Granddad, always. He didn’t think it had worked so far, but I knew better.

Granddad put on an act in front of dad because he liked that dad tried extra hard when he thought Granddad didn’t approve. But really Granddad had been impressed with him since he found out dad had won mums heart (apparently no other man could swoon her). The comment to dad about not making much of himself was said out of jealousy towards him for taking his only daughter away.

Granddad was an entertaining old man although you would never suggest that he was elderly to his face. He didn’t take kindly to those kinds of remarks.

Mum always went on about how good looking dad was, I guess I knew he wasn’t ugly but I tried to block mum out when she got all love-y dove-y; Hello! He’s my dad!

Dad had slightly longer-than-short blonde hair, a lean jaw, deep brown eyes, �" I inherited my eyes from him �" light olive skin and was over 6 feet tall. He was also a hopeless romantic, just like my mother. That’s how my mother fell for him actually, he swept her off her feet with poetry, flirtatious gestures and apparently an amazing kiss �" which I refused to listen to every time mum brought up the subject.

“Is everything alright?” mum asked.

“Yeah, my alarm just woke me up… while I was having a dream I didn’t particularly want to wake up from,” I sighed again. She chuckled and walked into my room.

“Hmm well you better start getting ready for your first day of Sakura College.” I looked at her and blinked a couple of times, suddenly I remembered we had moved house a few days ago and it was the first day of my senior year at a new high school. I had missed a week already.

“Oh my gosh! I completely forgot!” I quickly tidied my room and made my bed then raced off to the bathroom. “I’m going to have a shower!” I had to look nice to make new friends didn't I?



© 2010 Arabella Knightfair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. very interesting. i seriously cannot wait to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on December 28, 2008
Last Updated on May 8, 2010


Author

Arabella Knightfair
Arabella Knightfair

Auckland, New Zealand



About
I absolutely love to act, it's my passion and my dream, I don't know who I would be if I didn't have acting. I also like to play the Piano, Sing, Dance and Write. Reading is something I like to do bef.. more..

Writing