6 Tips to Keep Refrigerator Costs Low

6 Tips to Keep Refrigerator Costs Low

A Story by Burlington Appliance Repair
"

A refrigerator is a common and important appliance that runs 24 hours a day throughout the year.

"
A refrigerator is a common and important appliance that runs 24 hours a day throughout the year. The way one works with it plays a crucial role in deciding its performance and energy costs. To avoid refrigerator repair costs, its necessary to maintain and clean it regularly. For energy efficiency and prolonged life, read the manufacturer's manual and follow the steps that can enhance its performance.

Few tips that can reduce energy bills are:

1. Clean the Coils

Condenser coils are located either on the bottom or back side of the refrigerator. They are meant to pump away the heat from the compressor that further helps in chilling the interiors. Keeping the coils clean ensures that the compressor doesn't have to work harder to cool the food. This helps in cutting the energy costs.

2. Cover the Food

Uncovered food can cause moisture and odors. Due to accumulation of moisture, thermostat will have to work harder to cool and remove the moist air. This can lead to more energy consumption. Therefore, to limit the amount of moisture, its necessary to cover food items before placing them.

3. Keep the Door Closed

An obvious and fair reason to improve the efficiency of a freezer is to keep the door closed. Every time the door is opened, hot air enters the appliance. This can lead to moisture that can be hard to handle. Since warm air will enter inside, the compressor will have to work harder, thereby increasing energy usage.

4. Size Matters

A bigger fridge will consume more space and electricity compared to a smaller one. Its advised to buy a size that's appropriate for your family. If you are just two members, there's no need to buy a high capacity refrigerator. To increase overall efficiency, choose an appliance based on its power consumption.

5. Make Sure the Temperature is Set Right

Setting a warm temperature can compel the food to decay, whereas cold temperature can freeze the food. Its recommended maintaining a normal temperature that can save the food from both decaying and freezing. An efficient and economical range for fridge is 37- 40 degree F, whereas for freezer its 5 degree F.

6. Check the Door Seals

These seals are found on the interior sides of the door. Loose seals can lead the cool air to escape and hot air to enter the appliance. Inspect the seals thoroughly. If they are cracked or loose, replace them soon.

These are the few tips that are helpful in reducing the energy bills of a refrigerator. Burlington Appliance Repairs is a professional company that offers high quality troubleshooting and maintenance services for popular home appliances at reasonable prices.   http://www.burlingtonappliancerepairs.ca/refrigerator-freezer-repair/

© 2016 Burlington Appliance Repair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
Added on November 8, 2016
Last Updated on November 8, 2016
Tags: Appiance, repair, replacement, Oven, Fridge, Dryer, Washer

Author

Burlington Appliance Repair
Burlington Appliance Repair

Burlington, Ontario, Canada



About
Burlington Appliance Repairs Services open 24/7 & serves all brand home appliances. For Emergency call at 289-635-2505 Repair shop. more..

Writing