Trade

Trade

A Chapter by Anthony
"

Essay

"

Would you like to carry whatever you bought in the store all the way back to your house? I would think not.  That’s how people in older civilizations transported goods. They developed other ways as time went on, such as the wagon and boats.  In modern times goods are transported in a variety of ways. Some of these ways of transport are by Aircraft, Boat, Train, and Trucks. But In some 3rd World countries they still have to carry all the goods they want to trade wherever they go.  Industrialization and the production of manufactured goods have boosted trade by making more products available, more efficiently. Government regulations and trading blocs can affect trade depending on what they are. Some regulations such as an embargo completely blocks trade from one country to another, where as countries in a Free Trade Agreement can trade freely amongst each other without taxes. The benefits of trade have changed somewhat over time, but the underlying concept of why people trade is still there. The concept of trading something, whether a service or product, that one can produce, for something a person needs or wants.  The construction of canals and roads has lowered the time it takes for products to be shipped to wherever they will be sold. Therefore,  they make trade more efficient and less costly.



© 2010 Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

700 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony