Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea

A Chapter by Anthony
"

200 Word Essay

"

Conseil is a static character of Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea.  He is Mr. Aronnax’s servant. He is of Flemish origin, Flemish being Belgian Dutch. He has accompanied Mr. Aronnax during all of his travels.  He is quiet by nature, regular from principle, zealous from habit, showing little disturbance at the surprises in life, quick with his hands, and quick to learn any service required of him. And despite his name, never gives advice even when asked for it. He has followed Mr. Aronnax everywhere science has led him for the past ten years, never complaining of the length or fatigue of the journey. Besides all of that, he was in good health, defying all sickness, strong muscles, but no nerves. He had good morals and was only 30 years of age. One fault of his was always speaking in third person.

I believe he is a static character because of his role in the story. He was a loyal servant in the book, and that’s all the book required him to be. He was a good friend to Mr. Aronnax and Ned Land throughout the ordeal aboard the Nautilus. The book required him to be the anchor of the characters. He was always in control of his emotions and kept the emotions of the book in a sort of check. While reading the book the emotional chaos produced by some of the other characters was kept in check by Conseil’s state of mind.



© 2010 Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1271 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony