Investing

Investing

A Chapter by Anthony
"

5 Paragraph Report

"

Investing in stocks can be a profitable venture. There are many forms of investing in stocks. Some ways may yield high profits, but are risky. Other ways may not yield as high of a profit, but are more stable. A couple examples of fairly stable companies are General Electric, and Procter & Gamble.

 

            They seem like good choices, because in a little over 24 hours, they have steadily gone up in value. General Electric’s stock has risen from approx. 15.50 to 16.60 in the past 24 hours or so. Proctor & Gamble have been rising steadily out of a dip.  Both are fairly stable as stocks. But they show little profitability because of that stability.

 

            They seemed like better choices then the other stocks available, because they have steadily risen in value. The other choices have, for the most part, stayed approximately the same value. They seemed less likely to be the best choices. They were all working to rise out of a dip. So while they are stable, they aren’t rising in value.

 

            Both GE (General Electric) and PG (Procter & Gamble) have had a decent time with rising. Like everything they have had their ups and downs. GE is now 2.15% ahead, and PG is only 0.13% low. They have both steadily risen lately.

 

            The risk with stocks lies with how stable the company is. If a company is fairly new, and specializes in only a couple things, for their local community, their stock is unlikely to be completely stable. On the other hand, a company like Microsoft has a large variety of products for a specialized field for the entire nation. This allows them to be more stable, therefore lowering the risk of buying their stocks.


© 2010 Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1704 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony