175. Scent (Variation II)

175. Scent (Variation II)

A Poem by Anne Martin
"

Another "paradigm" for the AI to digest, but it fell on deaf ears.

"

I slip, caught in a sway, half thought,
my hands tangled, astrolucent
fingers trace the edge of nothing
while something shifts, forgotten, broken.


Your scent, more than nascent
memorable, hardly ephemorant
expectant of my ignimorphic burn
I churn, dissolved in your shadow.


Titillate the silence, or don’t--"
it matters less, a mess
of fleeting moments, bitter and absurd,
forgotten before the ink dries.

© 2024 Anne Martin


Author's Note

Anne Martin
I asked the AI to create some new words by crushing two together, and she got better at it, but completely failed when trying to use them organically in the context of a poem. I kept giving the AI examples of how I would do it, which it completely ignored. This was the second of them. It uses some of the same new words as Astrolucent.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, as you seem determined to percivere with Jessica; are there any software downloads or upgrade possibilities.? So as, to save you the time and cost of spending out on an alternative AI tool? You mentioned the failure of it to use words "organically", which continues to be a non-surprise for me; as you'll no doubt remember from my various predictions. Yoli was just as keen to brush-off my cynical assumptions, and seemed to think I was somehow expecting AI to turn into a "self-aware" entity (as in the Terminator series); amongst her other misunderstandings. But, at least you really have tried to train Jessica; as is clear from what you have told me. I know that you're already a professional writer, and hope that you find a way; to either upgrade Jessica or abandon her? Unless of course, you're in the ball park for trying out other AI tools which you think might be closer; to what you need? Our english language was not only created by organic beings, but it has grown organically too; so I am doubly non-surprised by your experiences. Just as water and electricity don't mix, I remain certain that human creativity and AI don't mix; in the supposedly mind-enhancing ways that some AI designers have encouraged society to believe...

Posted 1 Week Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2024
Last Updated on October 7, 2024
Tags: AI, forgetting, nonsense, longing

Author

Anne Martin
Anne Martin

The second circle of hell.



About
After 15 years I have finished The Cult of Hahn. Editing time. Professional musician. Private person I love fantasy, especially dark sexy stories. more..

Writing