The Kick-off to the Heart - Chapter elven

The Kick-off to the Heart - Chapter elven

A Chapter by Annalynn Koopmans
"

Reviews! Critques please!

"

Chapter Eleven

Jason

It has been four-days, the longest days of my live, since I watched Vick walk away. I’ve been calling her every hour of the day �" but still not a word. Since Saturday I’ve been in a sour mood, suffering.  It’s not like me to distant myself from the outside-world, but I just wanted to see her again, at least hear her voice. I called Emma this morning, to ask her how Vick is doing. She told me to give her time and space to calm down. I hated that Vick needed time and space away from me. I am an impatient man �" it will take every ounce of self-control not to break her front door down. But, nevertheless, I followed Emma’s advice and abridged my phone calls. Instead of calling her fifteen-times a day, I reduced it to two-phone-calls a day and texted her three-times per day. It was the best I could do. 

I hated myself for hurting her . I don’t know what Lindsey told her, but knowing how fictitious she is, it must have been something very upsetting. Even though it probably not true, Vick had every reason to push me away.

It has been two-weeks now, still no word from Vick. The pain was killing me slowly. You’d think that after two-weeks of space that would be enough �" but apparently Vick was still hurting. Most guys would’ve given up by now, and let her go. But not me. No, I was more determined than ever to win her back. Even my coach seems to think I need to let her go and focus my head on the coming games, but I couldn’t. I needed to know how she was, if she was ready to talk to me. Before I  take that step, I decided to get an update from Emma.  

Dialing her number, I inhaled a deep breath , knowing that  I’m going to get scold by Emma.

“Hello, This is Emma, “

“Hey, It’s Jason. “

“Jason, It’s late. I told you to stop calling me. Vicki will call you when she is ready. Until then stop-“

“Just tell me how she is? Please…  “ My voice pleading her to have mercy on me.

“Aghhh ! Fine. “  She caved    “Vicki, is doing alright, she was distancing herself from the world, but now she is slowly coming back to earth.  She’s better than she was a week ago, nevertheless every time she hears your name she wants to bolt. But further  than that, she is doing okay. She’s actually  on a….” She stopped herself finishing the sentence.

“She is on a… What? Path ? Cleanse? Diet?   I said, irritated that she didn’t finish her sentence.

“Now, don’t get mad. I had to force her into it, “ she said, I didn’t like where this was going.                   “As we speak, Vicki is on a date. “ I was shocked… speechless, was she so eager to move on from me?  Well I wasn’t going to let her.

“With. who. ? “ I said through gritted teeth.

“ Well, a guy. It’s a blind date, she doesn’t know him either. I arranged it.” She said proudly.

“ Why. Did. You. Do. That!! “  

“Because she needs to move on from you. Both of you need to move �"“ I hung up on her.  Emma was an idiot if she thought I wasn’t going down without a fight. It’s been three-weeks since I first met Vick, I know that’s short -  but it felt like I’ve known her all my life. I was not  going to give up on her �" and I certainly was not going to let her give up on me.

I checked the time it was eight-fifteen �" ‘Maybe she was already home?’  ‘ Maybe she is still out? ‘  ‘Maybe she already invited the stranger into her home?’     I panicked, stood up snatched my car keys from the counter and was heading to her house.

Slowing my car when I passed her home, all her lights were off. She wasn’t home yet. A rush relief washed over me, ´Thank God´ .   I parked my car just down the street from her, grabbed a few tie-wraps out of the glove-department and was on my way . While walking, I was creating my master plan…


© 2015 Annalynn Koopmans


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You want me to be honest? Make some crucial corrections - for instance - double negative - I would give up without a fight, not "wouldn't" - typos really. Otherwise the suspence is building nicely. Good dialogue. Good idea. Well written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 15, 2015
Last Updated on April 15, 2015
Tags: Romance, Fiction, Erotica, Thriller