The Kick-off to the Heart - Chapter Nine

The Kick-off to the Heart - Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Annalynn Koopmans

Chapter Nine             

Jason

I was driving as fast as possible towards the club. It was already ten-pm, Victoria must already be at club with the rest… With Nick… Nick wanted her, I could see his eyes heat-up whenever he looked at her. I asked him this morning to back-off, that she and I had something going. But, unfortunately, he didn’t take me seriously. He and the rest of my teammates thought I was just interested in her for the moment, that after I’ve “had” her , that I’ll move on to my next victim.  But little did they know, I was falling for her. Fast. I wanted to be with her, utterly and completely. She put a spell on me from the first time I saw her :  standing in front of the ice-cream-section in the grocery store. I didn’t know how to approach her, instead of simply saying “Hello” , I was rude and mean. Her  beautiful blue-grey eyes caught me off-guard. I know that’s not a great excuse. But I was annoyed that I couldn’t keep my emotions intact around her �" so I transformed into a douchebag. I gave up on the chance I had with her after the ice-cream scene. But when I bumped into her in the alley, I viewed   it like a second chance. Again, I ruined it by being rude and douchebag-gy … After that, I thought I would never see her again. Boy, I was wrong…

Walking into the club, I spotted her in the crowd immediately. ‘Victoria, ’  My groin stiffened just by the sight of her.  Vick and Emma were talking, laughing  with each other. Vick’s laugh was striking, I would pay good money just to see her smile. She did often, but not enough -it was like a drug. I noticed that they were surrounded by men. One stood particularly near too Vick’s body, so close that their shoulders were almost touching. I didn’t like it, I couldn’t see the man’s face, but he was on my territory and he needed to back-off.

Walking up to them, Vick spotted me, she smiled broadly and focused her gaze at me. I was studying her, she looked stunning. Her hair was curled and dangled loose around her shoulders. She was wearing black wedged sandals, with matching  black skinny-jeans, hugging her every curve perfectly.  Her top was made from black, glitter. It was sleeveless and had a V-neckline, exposing some of her cleavage. It was an erotic sight. Too much and too little for her to wear in public. I would’ve preferred the black-oversized tank top she wore in the grocery store.

She was watching me like a hawk while I was struggling to get thru the crowd. I saw the face that belonged to the man standing next to Vick. It was Nick. He was observing  Vicki, she didn’t seem to notice. She kept her eyes glued to mine.

When I finally arrived, I wrapped my arms around her, tightly. Burying my nose into her hair, inhaling her. My groin was wide awake and present.  ´ God, she smells amazing . ´   I was hugging her for maybe two-full-minutes before I let her go.  She looked surprised by my embrace. I broke our eye-contact and focused my stare at Nick. He seemed unthreatened, his lips were twisted in a mockingly smile. I didn’t like it.

“Hey, I thought you had wild plans tonight? “ he asked �" he was trying to drive a wedge between me and Vick. ´Not going to happen! ´

“ Yeah I did, But I explained to my gran about a certain beautiful woman going clubbing without an escort. She encouraged me to go rescue her from all the predators. So here I am.  “ I answered bluntly. It was true, I was visiting my grandparents in Fort Lauderdale. I told them about Vicki, they were ecstatic. My gran encouraged me to not waste a second more and go to the club. I told her I also wanted to spend some time with my Nana. But she wouldn’t have it. She  even told me that next time I come visit, I’ll have to bring the famous Victoria along, otherwise no more famous chocolate brownies for me. Nevertheless, Nick didn’t know I had plans with my grandparents, he thought I was out patrolling for women.  But he should know better than the provoke me.

I nodded a greeting at Cole and Emma, who were enveloped in each other’s embrace. The same at Tim and Joseph , both had their eyes on Vick’s body, but snapped up and nodded back at me. I felt murderous. I wanted to rip their eyes out. ‘She. Is. Mine’.

I turned to Vick, ignoring the three other man. And looked into her sparkling eyes. Just like that, my body and mind relaxed. I didn’t feel homicidal any more, I felt pure and utter joy.

“You look stunning .“ I told her, as I bended my head down to kick her cheek. She blushed and smiled at me. My heart skipped a beat, she was exceptional.

“Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself. “ I laughed at her comment. Most woman will nag on and on about my looks. Not Vick, she had trouble expressing her emotions.  It didn’t bother me, I found it refreshing she didn’t brag about my looks, title or money. She was one in a million.

Observing the surroundings, the club was packed with people. Most were dancing, laughing and  talking loudly. My vision caught someone familiar. Lindsey was standing by the bar with a few other people, ordering drinks. Thankfully, she didn’t see me. I quickly turned my body away from her, hoping she’ll never know I was here. Undoubtedly, Lindsey would cause a commotion and I didn’t want to put Vicki in that situation. I needed to get Vick out of the club ASAP… ´But how?´



© 2015 Annalynn Koopmans


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on April 14, 2015
Last Updated on April 14, 2015
Tags: Fiction, Romance, Erotica, Thriller