The Kick-off to the Heart - Chapter Two

The Kick-off to the Heart - Chapter Two

A Chapter by Annalynn Koopmans


Chapter Two


It was a slow day at the café today. I’ve decided to leave work earlier than normal today. I have to run some errands,  I didn’t feel like doing yesterday. It was my day-off and I wanted to hermit inside the house.  Usually we close the café  at five o’clock,  clean up and get the place set up for the next day. But a few months  ago, before the renovations to the café, I  hired a full time manager/waitress  who can fill in when I’m not here or just to help me juggle things around. Jessa was experienced in this work field, She was client-friendly and  didn’t mind to fill in unexpectedly. Which scored her plus points, although Ragnar isn’t keen on her, she tries her best to stay on his good side.


Ragnar comes to work with me every day and while I manage the café,  he stays in my small office.      My office air conditioner was upgraded to this very luxury new model, it makes my office near the temperature of Antarctica. My lips turn purple and tremble by just entering the room. I don’t mind though, so long Ragnar stays cool  - that’s most important for me.


Walking into my office  I quickly  grabbed my shoulder bag, and checked myself in the mirror  opposite my desk. I was wearing black ballerinas shoes with white linen boot cut pants and a dark grey, short-sleeved tight shirt with a V-neck produced from lace.  It was plain and basic, my type style. I wasn’t into hot pants, short shirts that showed off your naked belly or sky high heels like most girls in their mid-twenties. I was already taller than most men and didn’t want to look like the trembling Eiffel tower. My taste in clothes was simple - sure I liked to dress up every once in a while, but while I am working I needed something comfortable and efficient.  The shirt was tight enough to see the shapes of my full breasts and my curvy hips , although I was proud of my flat stomach -  I despised my hips. Knowing that most man would do anything to touch them or my rounded bum,   it made me feel like a Barbie. Which, in my view,  was the worst name a person could call me.  


Pulling out my elastic hair band , I detangled my hair efficiently with my fingers and let it fall over my right shoulder. My hair was long  and blonde, it was my natural color �" often people ask where I get my hair dyed, which was understandable  because it was almost more white instead of blonde. It was a rare color but I was proud of it.                 


“ Come Ragnar, we have some errands to do. “  I said to him while I headed to exit the office.  As we were passing a young couple eating their ordered meals.  I noticed that the young male was trying summon Ragnar with a piece of toast, but Ragnar didn’t even glance their way and remained by my side following my strides blindly. The man gave up trying to tempt Ragnar �" the expression on the his face was priceless. I smiled inwardly, and petted Ragnar on his forehead. 


I walked up to my two waitresses ;  Louise and Jessa who were standing behind the small bar , Louise was making coffee for table five and Jessa was busy checking inventory. I had two full time waitresses, one full time master chef ; David.   Sous chef ;   Jared.  And a full time handy man who either did the dishes or helped out around in the café; Christopher.                                    Louise  was in her twenties small and petit , not an ounce of body fat on her, she was flat and light as a leaf �" but nonetheless pretty. She had short black hair, bob-cut style,  that made her dark green eyes pop. Jessa on the other hand was curvy and tall, not as tall as me though. She was maybe five feet while I was  about six-feet. She had dark brown eyes that matched her long wavy brown hair and dark blonde highlights, she was in her forties but dressed like she was still in her twenties.  Jessa was a free spirit, some people would call her a  man-eater    or   cougar , but I disagreed.   I saw her as someone who lived her  life to the fullest, which for her means: having many mind-blowing orgasms  with  guys that just started adulthood. 


“Are you sure you can close up today? “ I asked Jessa. She flashed me her slightly crooked teeth. And starting to nod her head. 


“ Yes! Of course! “ she answered eagerly. “   This is not the first nor the last time I will be closing up. Don’t worry about it, I got it handled! You go do your thing.”  she waved me off. She and I respected one another, I respected and admired her for spontaneous out bursts  and she respected me for my work ethic and determination to make this place success.    


“Alright , thank you. If anything is wrong you have my number! “  I told her  as I was turning around to walk away . “ See you tomorrow everyone!” raising my voice slightly  so that the staff in the kitchen could hear me too.  The kitchen was behind the bar, a large square opening in the wall so that the waitresses could get the ordered meals and communicate with the chefs efficiently without entering the kitchen zone. 


Walking toward my car I was categorizing my errands in my thoughts;  get a few groceries, go to the pet store to buy Ragnar’s food, put diesel in the car, and go to art shop. The art supply store will be my first stop.


I had changed my second bedroom into a studio, I love to paint and sketch. Either I was painting or  drawing to let out my emotions. Or I was beating the crap out of my punching bag.     A few years ago  I started taking Krav Maga and Kickboxing lessons -  I wanted to know how to defend myself,  If the time came and the man, who I absolute despise, would show up �" I would be able to end it -end him forever.


It was only a fifteen-minute drive to town. I parked the car two-blocks away from the art store, knowing that I won’t able to park my vehicle in the shade for Ragnar in front of the stores. I opened the windows slightly for fresh air and climbed out of the car, letting Ragnar stay behind.


 As I was walking down the street my mind was wandering to the beautiful Hawaiian man I, discreetly ran into yesterday morning. He was the reason I was tossing and turning all night long. I couldn’t think straight �" my mind was fussy and hectic,  it resulted in migraines. This type of symptom was new. Usually, I wouldn’t let a man affect me this way -  I’ve had two boyfriends in my life,  they didn’t even affect me like this. But when it came to the nameless hulk I couldn’t think about anything else…    


Turing the corner , I saw Eric. Eric has been trying to get into my panties since the day I opened the café. First,  it began innocent and he came to the café every day. But then after a few months he began to become more and more persistent. I kept refusing and showing him the door, but he wouldn’t budge. One time it got so out of hand, that I told him never to visit my Café again, otherwise I will make him suffer in a million ways. Fortunately he took my warning and never came near Café O’Barry again �" unfortunately, if I ran into him at the stores or in the street he would try to intimidate me to say ‘yes’ to him.  I saw him exiting the liquor store, he was large build and tall.  He had greasy blond hair and grey eyes.


Before he could spot me- I sprinted into an alley and started walking as fast as I could. I didn’t know where it would lead, but I was determined not to deal with that creep today. The alley was L-shaped and wide but the large trash containers from the stores were making the passage narrower. As I turned the corner, a large hard surface crashed into me. With full force. I stumbled back and fell flat on my a*s. I looked up and saw the Hawaiian hulk staring down at me, he looked unsettled �" maybe a little frightened .Before I could open my mouth, he ducked behind one of the large trash containers  and hid.  It was the strangest sight. ‘Why was he hiding? ‘ I asked myself. 


Helping myself up, I heard a stampede coming my way. It was a herd of woman running my direction. They were screaming, giggling and panting.   


“What the…”  I  mumbled to myself. There were at least twenty girls giggling and talking loudly about some guy. As the flock of woman slowed down their pace �" a small group of three detached themselves and walked directly to me.  


“Hi, did you see Jason Akamai come through here?  As you can see we were following him, but we lost track of him.    The red head said between her panting.                     “I am sorry who? “  I asked a little amused by the situation.


“Jason Akamai, the star quarterback of the Miami Dolphins ? Super-hot  and yummy? “  The brunette answered. As she was grabbing out her phone to show me a picture . “ That’s him. Did he pass through here?” she asked. I was studying the picture on her phone. My heart skipping a beat-I recognized him. It was the Hawaiian hulk.  He was Jason Akamai. 




© 2015 Annalynn Koopmans


Author's Note

Annalynn Koopmans
please ignor the grammar mistakes, this is the first rough draft. and my first attempt to write a novel. I have no one to help me along the way- i am doing this solo, so please - feedback is Appreciated .

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on April 1, 2015
Last Updated on April 10, 2015
Tags: Romance, Fiction, Erotica, Thriller