Deliver Me Safely - Chapter Twelve

Deliver Me Safely - Chapter Twelve

A Story by ~AnnaCentric~
"

So time passes; Leon and Serenity are married and have a wonderful daughter. FINAL CHAPTER!

"

Deliver Me Safely

Chapter Twelve

 

Tours, France, 1347

      “Momma! Momma!” little Tabitha squeaks happily as she runs to her mother.

      Serenity bends down and picks her up, holding her daughter in her arms. She is smiling happily. A woman is standing next to her; she has short black hair and dark brown eyes.

      “She’s so energetic!” the woman laughs.

      “I still don’t know where she gets it from,” Serenity admits, eyeing her friend. “Tabitha can hardly sit still. She is a real handful; I’ll tell you that, Isabella.”

      The two friends giggle and continue conversing about home life, being housewives and their husbands being out all day.

      The last three years have been like a dream to Serenity. To think she would be an innocent girl once again, living the normal life of a woman. And Leon has been so kind to her, so gentle. She wouldn’t dare wish to be with anyone else but him. And miraculously, the plague has passed; although in the process, the Church was pushed out of power. She feels a little heated that such a thing would happen, but she also considers the Church’s actions during the time of the plague; virtually nothing but faint promises. The demon is still burned into her memory forevermore, like a branding. Thinking about those times as an alleged witch frightens her to this day.

 

      Now Leon opens the door to the house. Serenity and Isabella turn their heads to him. Serenity puts her daughter down, who hen runs off into the next room, laughing gleefully.

      Bienvenue maison. Welcome home,” Serenity says to her husband.

      “Thank you,” Leon replies, kissing her cheek.

Isabella gets up from her place at the table.

      “I guess I better let you two have your time together, hmm?” she implies while making her way to the door.

      Leon’s eyes follow the woman out the door. Then his attention is on Serenity again. Her hand sweeps across his cheek, and then she leans up to kiss him. It’s soft, and warm. Even now, it makes her heart race.

      “How is Mr. Vira?” she questions. “Did he like the bread I made him?”

      “He did, indeed.”

Serenity giggles in approval. And then Tabitha runs up to them.

      “Momma! Papa!” she squeaks.

      The girl hugs her father’s leg affectionately. Leon gives a low laugh and kneels down to hold Tabitha close. Serenity’s hand lays on Leon’s back.

      Cette famille se parfaite. This family is perfect. She thinks as she watches Tabitha dance for them.

Yes, it can’t get any better than this. She is going to make sure the past didn’t interfere with the present.

~*~*~*~*~

      Serenity finally gets Tabitha to stay in bed, after a dozen times of the nightly routine; laying her in bed, covering her, and then having to repeat this each time Tabitha decided she isn’t tired yet, each time with a small warning. Leon is already in bed when Serenity walks into their bedroom with a sigh. She scratches her head.

      “Is this what you expected from a child?” Leon asks.

      “Of course it is,” his wife exhales. “But I didn’t expect her to be this rowdy. I suppose children will be children.”

      She got into the bed next to Leon. He wraps his one arm around her and holds her close. The two can feel the warm aura around them; the passion of true love. It is a coincidence, Leon thinks, that the two met. If he had never come to Laval; if he’d never left home they would have never seen each other in the dungeon that day, two years ago. What would they have done if he had not offered his services? Would Serenity have been killed?

      “It doesn’t matter,” he says aloud.

      “Hm?” Serenity vociferates.

      “Nothing,” Leon responds. “I was just pondering what would’ve happened if we hadn’t met.”

      “Oh, I don’t even want to think of that.”

      Serenity nuzzles her head into Leon’s chest, taking in his scent. Leon strokes her hair. He closes his eyes and dreams.

      His wife is sitting in a field of yellow-green grass. A light breeze is floating through her long hair. She looks over at him and smiles; something that he’s become so familiar with. He approaches her. Reaching out to touch her hand, the skin feels so real; as if this wasn’t a dream.

      “Leon,” she whispers his name, and beings their faces closer.

      Their lips connect. He can almost feel a burst of sparks fly as they interlock. The sky around them turns a light pink. Leon pulls away and looks into Serenity’s irresistible eyes.

      He awakens, not knowing how much time has passed. Serenity is fast asleep; breathing lightly as he hopes she is dreaming of him. Gently, he kisses her forehead.

      “Good night, my dear love,” he mumbles.

And then, he shuts his eyes and drifts back to sleep.

© 2012 ~AnnaCentric~


Author's Note

~AnnaCentric~
how was the story overall

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Anna, I read your last chapter and I find it difficult to answer your question since I don't know what happened in earlier chapters. What hit me first was your use of the present tense. Was there a particular reason why you chose to write your book this way? It's just that it somehow puts distance between the reader and the characters....Also, your use of the word 'vociferates' is forced. It sounds unnatural, and it doesn't fit since to 'vociferate' is to howl, shriek or protest. It would be interesting to know more about the plot...Sorry to be largely critical but, if you are anything like me, the last thing you want is false platitudes, no? Besides, if you read my story, you can return the favor :-)! Thanks, A.J.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~AnnaCentric~

11 Years Ago

Dear A.J., Thank you very much for the review. I appreciae that you were honest. As it is now, I'm g.. read more
A.J. Aston

11 Years Ago

I look forward to your comments! Be brutal :-)
A.J.



Reviews

Dear Anna, I read your last chapter and I find it difficult to answer your question since I don't know what happened in earlier chapters. What hit me first was your use of the present tense. Was there a particular reason why you chose to write your book this way? It's just that it somehow puts distance between the reader and the characters....Also, your use of the word 'vociferates' is forced. It sounds unnatural, and it doesn't fit since to 'vociferate' is to howl, shriek or protest. It would be interesting to know more about the plot...Sorry to be largely critical but, if you are anything like me, the last thing you want is false platitudes, no? Besides, if you read my story, you can return the favor :-)! Thanks, A.J.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~AnnaCentric~

11 Years Ago

Dear A.J., Thank you very much for the review. I appreciae that you were honest. As it is now, I'm g.. read more
A.J. Aston

11 Years Ago

I look forward to your comments! Be brutal :-)
A.J.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 30, 2012

Author

~AnnaCentric~
~AnnaCentric~

Cameron Park, CA



About
I've been interested in writing since my sophomore year of high school. My topics of writing normally circle around Europe in the 13-1400's (at the time of the Black Death), but lately I've been dippi.. more..

Writing
Kyoto Kyoto

A Poem by ~AnnaCentric~