Deliver Me Safely - Chapter Ten

Deliver Me Safely - Chapter Ten

A Story by ~AnnaCentric~
"

Now that Serenity is free from the demon, she has plans in mind for her knight in shining armor...

"

Deliver Me Safely

Chapter Ten

 

      Serenity awakens soon after and finds the men gathered around her. She looks at them all, and smiles.

      “It’s finally gone,” She utters, relief filling her voice.

       She lifts herself up, with the assistance of Leon and Father Aubert. Everyone is still staring at her, incredulous.

      “You’re all right?” Leon wonders.

      “I’m better than all right, Leon.”

Serenity’s smile widens.

      “Well, it’s a relief everything has turned out well,” Valere breathes.

      “But…,” Antoine mutters, shifting a bit.

The rest turn their attention to him.

      “But what about the Plague?”

Looks are exchanged. That question still hasn’t been answered. Serenity glances down, guilty.

      “I’m sorry,” she says, “but I lied before. I did not conjure up the Plague; and neither did the demon…”

      “Then why?” Etienne questions.

Father Aubert places a hand on his shoulder.

      N'est-il pas évident? Isn’t it obvious?”

Etienne seems not to understand.

      “The demon told her to lie so it would be taken here.” The minster sighs.

      Leon adds, “So it would have a chance to destroy the Key of Solomon.”

Etienne’s eyes light up in understanding. The men once again look to Serenity, whose glance is on Leon.

      “Is this correct?” Father Aubert asks her.

      “It’s all true.” She says, “Please forgive me. I couldn’t fend off the demon.”

Leon gently caresses her hands, and smiles at her brightly.

      Tu es pardonné. You are forgiven.” He tells her.

~*~*~*~*~

      “I will inform the Cardinal of the trip.” Etienne tells Father Aubert, “It is a shame the Plague still looms over us.”

      “Don’t give up hope. The cure will soon be found; I’m sure of it.”

      Etienne nods, still disappointed as he turns to his group. Valere and Antoine are already on their horses. Valere’s eyes are on Serenity, who is being helped into the cage by Leon.

      “You don’t have to ride in there.” Etienne mutters to Serenity.

      The girl looks at him, and shrugs. Leon gives him a glance that tells him to just let it be. Etienne says nothing more before getting to the steering plank and setting off.

~*~*~*~*~

       The way back to Laval is four days away. Antoine decides he wouldn’t return to the city with the rest, but rather go east to Nice. He says he has his own personal reasons that he doesn’t care to discuss. Etienne prays for him just before he leaves.

      “Good journey,” he wishes for them, and then disappears behind the trees.

      “What about you, Leon?” Valere asks the young man as they continue forward. “Are you planning on staying in Laval?”

      “Perhaps not.” Leon answers. “I still have many places to travel to. But…,” his eyes unconsciously wander to Serenity, “there’s something I must do before taking off again.”

      Valere notices Leon’s glance and laughs heartily. He is so jealous of the man, but it still intrigues him that he and the girl are so close. Leon doesn’t understand why Valere is laughing, but chuckles softly anyway.

 

      Serenity lets her mind wander. How long has it been since the demon first took her? She hardly remembers. But none of that matters anymore; it is all over and done with. Now there is something much more important, and when she sees that man looking at her, she can’t help but blush.

      Oh, Leon…, she thinks, and imagines herself in his arms, lying in a bed, the sheets covering them to the waist.

      It felt so right to her, and she would act on it as soon as she was free of this cage once and for all. One way or another, Leon would be hers.

© 2012 ~AnnaCentric~


Author's Note

~AnnaCentric~
did the scenes go too fast

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on October 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 30, 2012

Author

~AnnaCentric~
~AnnaCentric~

Cameron Park, CA



About
I've been interested in writing since my sophomore year of high school. My topics of writing normally circle around Europe in the 13-1400's (at the time of the Black Death), but lately I've been dippi.. more..

Writing
Kyoto Kyoto

A Poem by ~AnnaCentric~