Love My City (I'm From Philly)

Love My City (I'm From Philly)

A Poem by King Za
"

A Tribute To My City.

"
(Chorus): (singing) Love my city, gotta say that I really love my city, I'm from Philly. (6x) Dilly Dilly, really love the Birds so we chant that phrase though it might sound silly. Love my city, gotta say that I really love my city, I'm from Philly.

(Verse): Home of the best cheesesteaks in the world yeah that be us, and it ain't no fuss. No debate, and we known for water ice pretzels and hoagies, so how can you hate? City of Brother and Sisterly Love with a nice looking flag, visitors can't wait! When I go out with females I like to walk around City Hall and Love Park on the date! (Singing): Love my Eagles let's go Birds been a die hard fan since I was a kid! Malcolm Jenkins jersey in my wardrobe and you can catch me strolling with my lid! When we won the chip I was at the Parade wit all Green everything, I bleed green! I'm a Celtics fan and people hate that but I still got respect for the Sixers team! (Rapping): Mount Airy is one of the nicest neighborhoods in the whole city, to live around there is a pleasure. People try to downplay Philly despite it's rich history, the city is big beyond measure! It gave you Meek Mill, Kevin Hart, Boyz ll Men, and so many others including yours truly. I put on for my city hard just like Rocky you don't like it, oh well, imma still do me!
                               (Chorus)
(Verse): Shoutout to the Phillies and Flyers though I don't watch neither sport it's only right that I show love! Wawa gets love, Tasty Cake gets love for Philly I'll be a messenger just like a Dove! When I was young it was a joy goin to the Philly Zoo and every year they bring the scares at Eastern State Penitentiary! If you a young kid or someone that's easily startled then you may not wanna take entry! Oh man, knowledge is power I'm from the city where the first library came, for those with ambition! This the same city where the Constitution and the Declaration Of Independence both came to fruition. Veterans Day is especially big here cuz Philly is the birthplace of the Marines. Got a picture with my fist up standing next to Octavius Catto at City Hall and it's so many scenes! Independence Hall, Magic Gardens and I gotta mention the fact that there are many Black businesses around. Shoutout Uncle Bobbies and Black and Nobel and Black and Mobile is the new, Black Uber Eats in town! My city is progressive, and just looking at city skyline I gotta say the sight is just astonishing. With the Liberty Bell as an iconic symbol my people knew liberty would be like the finest win.
                               (Chorus)

© 2019 King Za


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on November 11, 2019
Last Updated on November 11, 2019
Tags: Society, Love, Philadelphia, America

Author

King Za
King Za

Philadelphia, PA



About
I'm a 22 year old conscious rap artist from Philadelphia. I mainly rap about history, politics, social issues, and love (specifically Black Love). more..

Writing