Scarlet Flowers

Scarlet Flowers

A Poem by Dezzyray
"

little late and makes little sense but i don't really care. don't be offended, this is just what i see

"
The blood of heroes
and those not even involved
have their blood shed onto the ground

You can wash it away
but it doesn't change the fact
that they died right there

But how many REALLY care?

Do most just wear the poppy
and believe that is all?
Mostly yes.

Everyday i see teen girls complaining
how they want to kill themselves.
I don't think they realize
that the soldiers reason for joining the war
was not so teens could just complain every minute
about they're peaceful lives.

Memory is everything
it helps us remember
why we have so much wonderful lives.

© 2011 Dezzyray


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely beautiful :) I do agree with you, I don't think people really realize how peaceful their lives are. We all have our down days, but yes, we should enjoy life while we have it to enjoy :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


you captured the truth of remembrance day pefectly. its true that many people only wear the poppy, but don't really care. and a lot of people these days don't care that hundreds and hundreds of people died to make our lives easier and then they go and complain and act suicidal, like you said. you put emotions into words here perfectly and i really, really, really REALLY liked it. well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Veteran's Day is a remembrance to those who fought in wars to protect our country from harm. Some people don't appreciate the risks soldiers take and think everything in their life is difficult. This is an interesting poem to read on such a day. Great point of view.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I truly do not believe there is anything to be offended about in this. it is truthful and honest and a question with a veteran brother from iraq that i even tend to ask for myself, how many people really care about our troops? people can take so much for granted they should consider themselves lucky, despite all the problems in this world and life of humanity - we are not dead. we are not slaves. we are free to even complain and say what we wish...to the people that say up and down at how badly they want to end their lives...i say join the military and be my guest, at least you have a good reason to end your life and something to fight for. put your wanting to die into good use. i bet a majority of them will shut up and stop complaining because they are too afraid to go into battle.

and my brother also sees your point and says well said.

~Anna Rose

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 12, 2011

Author

Dezzyray
Dezzyray

About
i am usually a happy person but my poems give a different impression so it's a bit confusing :3 i might still have to tell the people on my old account about my new one though. i will sometimes write .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Monotony Monotony

A Poem by Ubiquitous