Chapter One: Living On The Streets

Chapter One: Living On The Streets

A Chapter by Anexi

  The Slums of the city were a horrible place to live for the young and old. Consent street fights, shooting, drive by, robbery, illness, murder, and rape. Unless you knew how to protect yourself, you wouldn't last a second on your own. Selena spent most of her time with the old flower woman who found her on the streets, when she ran away from home, and took her under her care. Together they would pick and sell flowers to make the slums seem like a better place.

 

  For once things actually started to look up for Selena, but like all good things, this one had to come to an end. At the age of ten Selena had just come home from selling flowers on her own and found a horrible surprise waiting for her. When she walked into the house she called out to the flower woman, but received no answer. She then checked the kitchen, and that’s where she found the old flower woman lying there…dead. Five knife wounds to the chest, and as her blood pooled on the floor Selena could see her reflection.

 

  Selena bent down next to the dead woman and cried out in the most agonizing pain and misery one could ever feel. Once again she was alone with no one to turn to and nowhere to go. She slowly took off the necklace that was a beautiful multi colored heart with a gold chain and placed it around her neck, and like she did before, she ran. She ran without knowing where she was going until she stopped in the darkest parts of the city.

 

All around she could hear the screams of people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. She ran into an ally and tried to find a place to hide for the night. However as she really could do was to sit down in the open and cry till she almost felt sick.

 

 “Well well well what do we have here?” Someone called from behind. Selena looked back to see three boys much older than herself, and just like those poor people that where screaming, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

 

  “What's a beautiful flower like you doing here? You should be in the care of a man, Angel.” The first one said as all three of them moved closer to her. She desperately tried to find a way around them, but it was no use.

 

“L-L-Leave me alone.” She stuttered out her voice braking and clogged from crying and being scared of what was going to happen to her. Stupidly she tried to run and they grabbed her,  pining her to the wall, and a knife was held to her neck before she could even scream.

 

“I believe the little lady said to leave her alone.” Someone from the entrance of the ally said rather calmly. The men turned back and when they looked at the bystander, all of them started laughing.

 

  “And what, pray tell, is a shrimp like you going to do to stop us? Brad, Joe see to our bystander and show him how the big boys play.” The first man ordered and the two guys, Brad and Joe, advanced on the bystander. Selena was pushed against the wall harder then she already was, if the was even possible, and caused her to whimper in pain and fear.

 

The guy that held her to the wall was about to slide the knife down her top, but before it even reached the fabric he was pulled off her, slammed into the ground, and kicked in the gut by her saver. Selena looked over at the other two men to see them on the ground knocked out and bleeding.

 

“Now I'll say it again. The little lady said to leave her alone, and if you are smart and not as dumb as you look, you'll do as she says.” Her saver said and let the man up who ran for it and he turned to Selena. “Are you alright?” He asked, bending down to her level.

 

Selena looked at him and was surprised. He looked no older then fourteen and he just got done beating up three men most likely eighteen nineteen years old. He had black hair that almost covered his green eyes, a sharp face that was pained with worry, and concern.

 

She said nothing, but just looked at him. “Come on can't you talk?” He asked and snapped in front of her face causing her to snap out of her daze.

 

“Huh? Yes I'm fine just a little shaken.” She answered finally and stood up. He stood up with her to make sure that she didn't fall over.  “What's your name?” He asked as they walked out of the ally together.

 

“Selena, Selena Night, and you? I think I should get to know the name of my saver” She said and giggled softly when he rolled his eyes.

 

“My name is Seth Embers.” He answered then looked back at her. “Now what are you doing her alone it's not safe for people? Don't you have a family to get to?” He asked and she looked down in pity.

 

“No I'm all alone.” She whispered and felt the tears form in her eyes. Seth felt bad for the girl and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Then I'll look out for you.” He said and pulled her close to him making sure no harm would come to her.



© 2013 Anexi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it is really a sweet piece of writing.....the emotions you have put in it is really appreciable....i really pity that girl,anyway.......it is really enthralling..but i do want to ask you something...you wrote "reflation". i thought in the first instance that it should be"reflection".but then turned to the dictionary for consideration.but i didn't find a word like this.....what do you think??????...anyway it is a good piece of writing.......i really didn't get it why do you think that anyone would ever find your work disapproving...you are a very good writer.:) :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anexi

12 Years Ago

thank you that is really sweet and thank you for seeing that I will fix it right away.
The dark story

12 Years Ago

you are always welcome....



Reviews

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Like you said before, lot's of grammar. For instance, although it could be either, if I'm correct, saver should be savior. Love it, post more soon please!

Posted 11 Years Ago


it is really a sweet piece of writing.....the emotions you have put in it is really appreciable....i really pity that girl,anyway.......it is really enthralling..but i do want to ask you something...you wrote "reflation". i thought in the first instance that it should be"reflection".but then turned to the dictionary for consideration.but i didn't find a word like this.....what do you think??????...anyway it is a good piece of writing.......i really didn't get it why do you think that anyone would ever find your work disapproving...you are a very good writer.:) :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anexi

12 Years Ago

thank you that is really sweet and thank you for seeing that I will fix it right away.
The dark story

12 Years Ago

you are always welcome....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 14, 2013


Author

Anexi
Anexi

About
Been a writer for a few years; mostly fan fiction and I just started writing my own stories. I'm a nice person who is still learning how to write. I love video games,reading, and music. I'm sorry if I.. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Anexi