Chapter Two: A Betrayer

Chapter Two: A Betrayer

A Chapter by Anexi
"

Been a while

"

A few months had rolled by since Selena and Seth met and he was actually surprised she was more useful then he thought she would be. Both of them were able to bring in money to buy food, the gang he was a part of took a liking to her as well, yes there were some girls that lived in the gang but none of them wanted to work, they wanted everything done for them.

 

‘Lazy rich b*****s.” Selena took to calling them when none of them were around to hear her say it, she’d work every day to provide for her new family and even had enough saved up so that she could get something for her. As the night rolled in and everyone sat around the fire cooking the food and telling stories, Selena sat off by herself it was normal for her and no one really wanted to bother her. She liked to be alone at night and just think about anything really mostly of the people she has met and the places that she has been.

 

“You know you are a part of the family you don’t have to sit off by yourself Selena.” Seth said as he sat down next to her and handed her a plate of food. She smiled and nodded a thank you. “But I like to sit by myself it allows me to think about things and not have to worry about someone talking to me.” She explained and he only laughed.

 

“But you’re talking to me just fine.”  He said and waited for her to swallow her food so she could continue. “Well you’re a different story, it’s easier to listen to you talk, your voice always brings me out of my thinking state.” She continued and took another bite of food. “Really now sorry I do that.” He said and stated to eat his own food.

 

“I don’t mind I like talking to you you’re good company, and not a mindless teenage boy like the rest of the guys.” She laughed and he laughed right alongside her when some of the boys shouted ‘Hey!’ once the laughter of the two calmed down the night returned once again to silence, and they enjoyed the silence. Soon the fire went out and the embers glowed on this moonless light.

 

They crawled into their tent that they shared and slowly fell asleep, however sweet sleep never came. The next thing they knew, there was screaming, gun shots, and the sound of running feet, Selena shot up from bed, Seth was already gone out in the now bright night as the fires were spreading throughout their camp. Quickly she was able to escape, running out, her lungs filling with smoke, and her eyes burned with tears; the dead bodies of her friends lay all around her causing her to trip and stumble, until she was finally away from it all and she was hiding in an ally way.

 

‘Remember Selena, if something is to ever go wrong, run in that ally over there and wait for ether me or someone else from the gang to come get you alright?’ She recalled Seth telling her, so there she sat, and waited. She had to cover her ears to block out the screams of the people who cared for her and who she cared about as they were shot, burned alive, and murdered. Soon all grew quite, the fires had died down, and silence once again took its place. Selena wanted to leave the ally, but she continued to wait until Seth came for her like he said he would, he would always be there for her.

 

When a hand touched her shoulder she looked up to see him, his face wet with tears and blood. Cuts lined his cheek, his eye was swelled, and he was covered in blood and soot. Selena was just glad to see that he was safe and alive; she hugged him close and said a silent thank you.

 

“Come out with the girl now or I’ll blow you both sky high.” A voice called from the mouth of the ally. Selena froze and looked up at Seth whose eyes were filled with hurt and pain. “You…you did this, you brought them here.” She whispered and started to pull away from him. “Selena please just come with me. Everything will be okay, we won’t have to live on the streets anymore, we’ll be safe, warm, and together.” He plead with her but she continued to pull away from his embrace and looked at the other end of the ally. “I’m sorry Seth, but this isn’t right.” She said and quickly climbed the fence disappearing into the night.



© 2013 Anexi


Author's Note

Anexi
I love reviews yes I do,
I love reviews how about you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on May 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 14, 2013


Author

Anexi
Anexi

About
Been a writer for a few years; mostly fan fiction and I just started writing my own stories. I'm a nice person who is still learning how to write. I love video games,reading, and music. I'm sorry if I.. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Anexi