My neurodivergent struggle

My neurodivergent struggle

A Story by lost_poet

I don't think you understand. I can not regulate my emotions as you do. As any of you "normal people" do. I cannor deal with things as many others, I can not cope with anger like you all. 
Raise your voice and I feel like I am drowning, like I am choking with unspoken words I would like to tell you but I can't. I cry instead. And you sincirely give me "a reason to cry for". What am I, 9? I am an adult and yet I feel like a little kid when you yell at me when I don't was a mug I just used. 
Understand, I am not lazy, I am just fighting my unmotivated brain full of wrong chemical signals. I do try not to forget and yet somehow it happens, when my brain focuses on milion times at once. I do not want to get distracted every time someone walks past my room, plays music or starts a car. I do want to pay attention to you when you talk to me. 
I
JUST
CAN'T !
My mind is overfilled with racing thoughts, I can't sleep and rest because of the thught what everything I have to do. Not speaking of trembling because of anxiety and stress I live in. 
And still you gonna blame me. It is "my" fault that my brain does't work like yours do. And punishment for those things are just unbearable. why would you do that? You  know something is wrong, you say it yourself and still, you don't do anything to help, anything to support me or just to tolerate and respect me.
No, because it bothers you and that is the most important thing on this entire world. 
Why do anyone else suffer when you do? How dare they? 
Thank you for ruining it all for me.

© 2024 lost_poet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on February 5, 2024
Last Updated on February 5, 2024

Author

lost_poet
lost_poet

About
I love writing as much as I hate pancakes...and I really hate pancakes more..

Writing
Counting Counting

A Story by lost_poet


Earthquake Earthquake

A Poem by lost_poet