Projection

Projection

A Story by John
"

Last Night

"
I sat in my room, contemplating my future and ideals...
As my back bled from an a wound from an unknown attacker, I stared into the black and watched as shadows crept around me closer and closer.
My mind opened and closed like a set of lungs, bringing incoming and sending outgoing thoughts to and fro across my room and into the foray that was my consciousness.
A thin strip of light illuminating from underneath the door was all that I could focus my physical sight on.  It danced in the darkness as my body swayed and staggered, leaning and reeling on the armchair that I presided in.
I felt my face and my skin was numb..., no amount of pinching or pressure could irritate my pores.  My ears and nose were cold, yet I felt no chill from them.  I opened and closed my eyes, testing the darkness and the range of view I was allowed sitting.  My fingers opened and clenched in the dark air, feeling the tendrils of energy surrounding me. I tried to bring myself to my feet, and collapsed without succeeding, back into the armchair.  My possessions surrounded me, books and ornaments of little or no worth, but ultimate value.  
No family portraits or personal landscapes crowded the walls, only cobwebs and colored  wall paper.
What happened to my life?  
How come there's something wrong with me?
How come I'm the only one who sees something wrong with the world?
Waking dreams, nightmares, sleep paralysis...
no one could figure out what was wrong with me.  And finally, an almost complete stranger, who I randomly decided to  talk to about it...
She knew immediately what it was.
Narcoplepsy.
Now I can finally start to live.

© 2013 John


Author's Note

John
What a relief.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This. THIS is more like it! Skimmed through your writing from your most recently posted on down. I like this one: the voice and point of view with which you present the piece, the flow...it is dramatic in a cinematic way, cynical without being dreadfully bleak, makes a point and statement while coming across with forward movement rather than the halt at the end of a disappointed pointing finger. Sounds like existence rather the scoffing thereof. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John

11 Years Ago

Glad you enjoyed it, I aim to please.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 10, 2013
Last Updated on March 10, 2013

Author

John
John

Richmond, VA



About
Life is... what you make of it. more..

Writing
I swear... I swear...

A Poem by John


Arcadia Arcadia

A Story by John


Dark Mansion Dark Mansion

A Story by John