Second Rant

Second Rant

A Story by John
"

Bad day.

"

There are cancers in our foods, our walls, our air, eating away at our fragile mortality, burning the only homes we've ever known.  The only gift I can bear to give is an invitation to stop giving.  Stop trying, stop worrying, stop waiting in line at the DMV, the cafeteria, the copy machine, the water fountain, the coffee shop, the gas station and f*****g Wal-Mart.


If we don't start eating each other, this world is going to start eating us.

When the medications they keep handing out stop working and only the side effects are what affects us, it'll be too late.  When the corporations that we entrusted with our delicate economy empty the vaults and flee to the four winds, who will lift our chins and hold the spoon that holds the slosh we are fed daily?


When the white-collared decaying organic matter that sits on their thrones in Washington realize that the roads they rule are rivers of blood and the sweating, squealing pigs that call Wall Street home drown in the pools of debt they've dug themselves, that is when there will be no hope.


When we stop killing ourselves with the things we need to survive, when we stop relying on the things we don't need, that is when we will actually live the lives that we are meant to live.  When we finally say "F**k it," to the tax-collector, the debtor, and the dealer, then and only then will we inherit the America that our founding fathers meant for us to have.  

Between the battery acid and the bungie cords keeping this society running, there is a cog.  This cog, all alone in the great machine, will one day realize that he or she is key to the turning of the wheel.  

And this cog will hold the fate of us all in his or hers palm.

© 2013 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're very inviting with your poetry, it seeks interest and a questioning of whether the things you say are accurate, but i suppose they're all true to you and i respect that. I love the intro 'bad day' to make something like this out of a bad day is truly remarkable and i respect you further for that also.
This piece was very deep but i love the way you write, your technique invites people to read more, how old are you?

Posted 11 Years Ago


John

11 Years Ago

19 solid years, thank you for the review. I write what I believe to be true, and all I ask is that .. read more
Sad state of affairs when the federal government is giving the controls to decide or define the American dream. Everyday when we turn on the news or read the newspaper, if these things even exist anymore, all we hear is we're dying. I already know this. The number 1 precondition us humans suffer from is mortality. Hurry up and wait. Work hard because millions of people are depending on you. Hard enough taking care of my own family let alone millions of others. Carry on marine!

Posted 11 Years Ago


John

11 Years Ago

Hoorah.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2013
Last Updated on February 21, 2013

Author

John
John

Richmond, VA



About
Life is... what you make of it. more..

Writing
I swear... I swear...

A Poem by John


Arcadia Arcadia

A Story by John


Dark Mansion Dark Mansion

A Story by John