Christ

Christ

A Story by Ancient Aeris
"

A short story of his life

"

 

Christ
A short story of his life
 
He was born in a barn and laid in a feeding trough as no long after. He and his family were poor. He was taught his father’s profession, carpentry. His life up to thirty was a mystery. The only story we know is he wandered from his mother at the tender age of twelve or thirteen. When she went franticly looking for him she found him in a temple teaching the scholars and priests.
We can only guess he led a quiet, normal life of a little boy, scraping his knees, bringing home snakes, frogs, mice, and stray dogs asking “can I keep it?”
Soon at thirty he found twelve close friends to keep at his side and teach his ways. People loved him; they would travel for days on foot just to hear him preach. They came and welcomed him into Jerusalem. They laid their best coats and palm branches down for his donkey to walk on.
Then suddenly, one night, when he was praying in a beautiful garden, the Jerusalem guard ambushed him. He was put on trial several times in several cities, no one could find anything wrong with him. The public, the same people who walked for days to hear him speak, demanded he be executed and they release a killer instead.
This innocent man was beaten, whipped, stripped, had his hair pulled out, and a crown of thorns smashed into his skull. He was forced to drag his own crudely made cross through the busy, crowded streets of Jerusalem. They pounded long rusty nails into his wrists and feet, lifted him up, and left him to die between two thieves. Just before he died he looked up to the sky and with what little strength he had, he prayed for those that had done this to him saying “father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” At the moment he died a large clap of thunder and lightning flashed across the sky and the veil in the temple that separated Gods spirit from man was torn in two. They took him down and buried him in a borrowed tomb then his disciples went into hiding afraid the same would be done to them.
Three days later he rose from his tomb and revealed himself to his beloved friends and family then ascended to heaven in glory. Now, because of this man, The Son of God, we can be forgiven, we can enter into the presence of God, and be welcomed into the heavenly gate of the Lord.
 
Written for Easter Sunday service
© March 23rd 2008
By Emily Bennett

© 2008 Ancient Aeris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on March 18, 2008
Last Updated on March 20, 2008

Author

Ancient Aeris
Ancient Aeris

Bentonville, AR



About
I grew up in Tulsa, Ok, dreaming about Scotland and other far off worlds. I never knew what I wanted to do as an adult other than become a singer, so I would dream, dream about what I could do. placin.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Ancient Aeris