Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Amy Baker

Zach and I were hunting when suddenly I smelled human blood. “Zach! I have to get out of here.”

 

He paused and found out what I was talking about. “Katie, you’re fine. You don’t need to leave.” I shook my head. “Katie, just remember what we’ve been working on. You don’t have to stop because you smell the blood.”

 

I was so hungry. As much as I’ve been letting Zach believe, animal blood has not been working for me. Keeping the blood down is hard and it felt like I was starving. I couldn’t do it anymore. So I stormed off and found where the human blood was.

 

I got to where the human blood was and it was a hiker that had tripped and scrapped his knee badly. He had his leg propped up on a piece of rock. The smell coming from his knee was so intense I almost had to tie myself to a tree branch. He looked up and saw me. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there.” I didn’t say anything. I just continued to look at the blood that was running from his knee to the bottom of his leg. He saw that I was looking at his knee. I knew that he probably thought that I just was concerned. But he didn’t know that I want to drain all his blood. “Yea, I tripped and I can’t seem to get it to stop bleeding.”

 

I just continued to look at him. Suddenly, I heard Zach coming up behind me. “Katie!” I turned around and looked at him. “I’m sorry sir. She got lost and she’s a little dehydrated. Katie, come on let’s get home.”

 

“Zach, he has food.” I continued to look at the man’s leg. It blood was running down the side of his leg really fast. All I could think about was killing to get that blood. Just then, the man started choking. He was choking because of me. I was trying not to use my power but I didn’t really care too much about it.

 

Then I ran over and started feeding on him. It was amazing to have live blood in my system. I haven’t felt so alive in such a long time. The blood was so rich and warm that I just couldn’t stop and I wanted more and more. I didn’t know where I was or even who I was. All I knew was that I wanted to eat and that I would do anything I could to feed on anyone.

 

Then, out of nowhere, I was pushed off of my meal. It was like I was pulled out of a daze. I looked at the man that I was just killing and then I looked at Zach, tears were coming up in my eyes. The man wasn’t moving and was just lying on the hiking trail. He didn’t even seem like he was breathing. “Oh, my God! Did I kill him?”

 

Zach shook his head and pulled me in to comfort me. “No, he’s just very week and needs to go to the hospital. I will take him. You just go back down to the house.” I nodded I never felt worse about myself in my life.

 

Zach came back from taking the man to the hospital and I was in his room. I haven’t left his room since I came back. I didn’t want to risk hurting anyone else. Trent and all of Zach’s family tried to come up and help me understand that I didn’t do anything wrong. I couldn’t believe them.

 

Zach came into the room. “Katie, you have to stop beating yourself up. I don’t know a vampire that hasn’t let themselves lose control. Look at me last month.”

 

I got up and looked at him. “Zach, you didn’t lose control. You were faking it so you could get Jenna off my back.”

 

“Katie, I have lost control before! I have massacred thousands of people. You are not the only vampire that tried to kill someone just because they were hungry. I love you but, I killed people for sport and fun. Not because I was hungry. I faked it for Jenna but I could have easily lost control and that means a lot more for me than it did for you just now.”

 

I nodded. He was right. I was acting like a little brat. I felt ashamed that I tried to fight with him and compare my situation to his with Jenna. He had a hundred years on me that I didn’t even know the whole story of.

 

I went up to hug him. “I’m so sorry. I just don’t know how to deal with the fact that I almost killed an innocent man.”

 

He kissed me. “That’s what we are here for. I’m here to help you through this.” I nodded. I knew I needed to trust him that he was going to help me get through this. 



© 2017 Amy Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: the, dark, adventures, katie, zach, trent, matilta, vampires, high school, love, death, torture, kidnap, new power, jenna, original vampires, no humanity


Author

Amy Baker
Amy Baker

Mechanicsburg , PA



About
I am a girl who loves to write. I love to get involved with another world and my books show that. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amy Baker