Distressed Damsel

Distressed Damsel

A Screenplay by Amy~
"

Writers craft assignment. THAT I AM SO HAPPY TO BE FINISHED Q.Q First time doing a script.

"

SETTING

On a stage during the school play. The stage has heavy red curtains. The scenery backdrop is of ominous black storm clouds.

 

TIME

Present day. School festival play performance. Play within a play is set in a Fantasy Medieval time period.


CHARACTERS

 

ANIKA: Stubborn fifteen years old girl with short brown hair. She acts out the role of Princess Abelle (Ah-bell) in the school play. She is a close friend of KAZUNE and ELLIOTT. She has a love-hate relationship with KAZUNE.

 

ELLIOTT: The oldest of the three friends. Fifteen years old boy with short blonde hair and glasses. Best of friends with KAZUNE and ANIKA. He acts out the role of the dragon in the school play.

 

KAZUNE: Second oldest. Fifteen years old boy with long black hair tied in ponytail down his back. Is protective of his two friends and likes to rile up Anika. He acts out the role of the knight, Sir Kaze.











ACT I

 

SCENE ONE

(The scene begins with the curtains closed. ANIKA and KAZUNE are in front of the curtains in their costumes. This is actually backstage in the scene because they are about to perform a play. ANIKA has her back to the audience, peering inside the curtain. KAZUNE walks up behind her and pokes her. ANIKA jumps in surprise and turns around to glare at KAZUNE.)

 

 

ANIKA

What the hell, Kazune? You scared me.

 

KAZUNE

Listen. I heard rumors about you fighting with that blonde jerk. Stay away from him. I’ll handle him.

 

ANIKA

Mind your own business. He hurt someone I care about. I can’t forgive him.

 

 

KAZUNE

         (Frowns.)

Don’t worry about it. I can defend myself. Besides, we both know how weak you are. Like your character, you’d just get hurt.

 

(KAZUNE flicks the little jewel hanging from ANIKA’s diadem.)

 

 

ANIKA

Excuse me? What do you know, idiot?

 

 

      (Enter ELLIOT)

 

 

ELLIOTT

Hey guys! Are you excited or what? This is going to be great.

 

(Throws his arms around ANIKA and KAZUNE’s shoulders.)

Uh, guys?

 

ANIKA

(Crosses her arms.)

Yeah, whatever.

 

 

(Enter DIRECTOR)

 

DIRECTOR

(Claps hands together.)

Places everyone, places.

 

(Exit DIRECTOR)

 

ELLIOTT

Ooh, it’s starting. Good luck guys.

 

(Exit to right of stage, ELLIOTT)

 

KAZUNE

(Speaks sarcastically.)

See ya, Princess.

 

(Exit to left of stage, KAZUNE)

 

ANIKA

Jerk.

(Exit to right of stage, ANIKA. Curtains open to reveal the stage for the play. There is a scenery in the background of a field and stormy sky. ELLIOTT is suspended off the ground but not high enough that if he fell he would be hurt. Also, there is a safety mat on the ground the audience cannot see in case he falls. ANIKA is on a fake plastic boulder behind ELLIOTT as he faces KAZUNE.)

 

ANIKA

Sir Kaze! Please save me from this foul beast.

(Swoons.)

 

KAZUNE

Do not fear my fair Princess Abelle! I shall free you.

 

ELLIOTT

Foolish humans.

(Swooshes through the air to attack KAZUNE.)

 

KAZUNE

(Squats to the ground to dodge.)

You missed. But I shall not.

 

(Pretends to pick up dirt and throw it in ELLIOTT’s eyes.)

 

ELLIOTT

How dare you! When I am able to see again, I will finish you.

 

KAZUNE

Princess! Quickly! Come to me.

 

(ANIKA trips on her way over.)

 

DIRECTOR

(Off-stage.)

Oh no! She’s going to fall and ruin everything.

 

KAZUNE

(Catches ANIKA.)

Why, the fair maiden is falling for me already.

 

DIRECTOR

(Off-stage.)

Whew.

 

ELLIOTT

Good, good. Now I can devour you both in one gulp.

 

ANIKA

(Unsheathes KAZUNE’s sword.)

But you shan’t.

 

KAZUNE

(Whispers to ANIKA.)

What are you doing?

ANIKA

(Whispers to KAZUNE.)

Proving something.

 

 

DIRECTOR

(Off-stage.)

W-what? What is she doing? This isn’t in the script.

 

ELLIOTT

Uh…?

 

ANIKA

Do not be fooled, dragon. I may look weak, but I assure you I am strong and capable of slaying you.

 

KAZUNE

No wait! Don’t! Abelle!

 

(ANIKA slashes at the rope holding ELLIOTT, cutting him down. He falls on ANIKA. They both fall to the floor on the safety mat the audience cannot see.)

 

ANIKA & ELLIOTT

Ouf!

 

(ANIKA stabs the sword between ELLIOTT’s arm to look like she stabbed him. ELLIOTT groans in pain and goes quiet.)

 

Anika

It is done.

 

KAZUNE

Why? Why did you do this? I could have protected you. This is why a woman should not fight her own battles.

 

ANIKA

(Smiles sadly.)

I know you could have protected me. But you must understand that I also have people I wish to protect and beliefs I must defend. You fight for me all the time. This time, I protected you.

 

 

KAZUNE

But look at you know. Crushed beneath this monster.

 

ANika

It is an honor to die protecting the one I love. Is it not, my knight? Much more fulfilling than living a life where I am helpless.

 

Elliot

(Gags.)

 

ANIKA

(Kicks ELLIOTT.)

 

ELLIOT

(Muffled sound of pain.)

 

KAZUNE

I just didn’t want to see you hurt.

 

Anika

Then next time do not hold back the one who loves you. Allow them to stand by your side.

(Eyes close.)

 

KAZUNE

(Whispers.)

I love you.

 

(Curtain closes. KAZUNE, ANIKA, ELLIOTT and DIRECTOR are in front of the curtains, which is the backstage.) Enter KAZUNE, ELLIOTT and ANIKA from left stage. Enter DIRECTOR from right stage.)

 

DIRECTOR

You didn’t follow the script at all! Oh, but well done! That was great improvising. The audience loved it. I’m going to talk to the parents now. Have a good night.

 

(Exit DIRECTOR)

 

ANIKA

Sorry about that Elliott. You’re heavy though, you know?

 

ELLIOTT

(Sticks out tongue playfully.)

You’re mean Ana. Anyway, I’m going to show off my costume to everyone. See ya!

 

(Exit ELLIOTT)

 

ANIKA

See. I’m capable of protecting you too.

 

Kazune

Yeah, yeah. We can face him together.

 

Anika

(Punches in the arm playfully.)

Okay, just don’t get in my way.

 

kazune

Tch, I should be saying that to you.

 

ANIka

(Rolls eyes and hooks her arm in his.)

What a charming knight you are.

 

Kazune

(Starts walking off stage.)

What a courageous princess you are.

 

(Exit ANIKA, KAZUNE)

 

 

THE END.

© 2013 Amy~


Author's Note

Amy~
Please ignore capitalization. Too lazy to fix it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on June 22, 2013
Last Updated on June 22, 2013

Author

Amy~
Amy~

London, Canada



About
Hey there! I call myself Amy cause it's an old childhood nickname, which, if you knew my real name wouldn't make any sense. Anyway, I'm new here on Writerscafe, so I hope you'll take good care of me a.. more..

Writing
An ending dream An ending dream

A Poem by Amy~


Break Away Break Away

A Story by Amy~