Bittersweet

Bittersweet

A Chapter by Amber Tasch
"

i really hope that im keeping you all entertained and not rushing this book. if i am please let me know!!! be so honest on what you think of this book, it hurts!!

"

    

Chapter Seven: Bittersweet

With a raise of his sugar sword, the Land of Sweets attacked. Buttercup ran as fast as she could to get back to the palace to watch. She looked to the wall to see how her archers were doing. They were at a disadvantage, seeing how it was night time. Buttercup began to panic as her men were picked off one by one.

    She ran downstairs to the room that held all of the women and children and elderly. She tried hard to hide the panic on her face as she addressed her people.

    "Everyone please exit through the back of the palace. This is only a safety precaution. We will win this and we will remain free, I promise you this."

    The crowd murmured amongst themselves. They were beginning to doubt the assured victory but they went out the back and fled into the forest. Once they were gone Buttercup ran out into the streets. Her soldiers were keeping the enemy at bay outside the palace walls.

   "William!" She cried as she ran through the streets. "William!!"

    She knew the village was deserted but when she heard the dust road behind her, she turned towards it right away. There stood the prince himself. Buttercup stood there stunned as he strode towards he. The closer he got, the faster he came until he was almost running. He ended up hugging her. She tried as hard as she could to pull him off but could not.

   He breathed her in and whispered to her, "I miss this."

   She managed to pull him off. "Miss what?"

   "Remember all those years ago?  You were so young. Your parents came to the royal meetings and brought you along too."

   "I-I don't remember."

   "Why?" He was advancing on her. "Is it painful to think about those happy times with your parents? They loved to bring you. And me parents loved to bring me. Don't you remember playing in the halls with me?"

   Buttercup tripped on a loose chocolate stone in the street. She didn't want to hear what he was saying. She strained to hear the battle that took place just yards away. He called her attention back by lifting her up and holding her up right.

   "You must remember! You must!"

   "Y-you are a crazy man!"

   "Do you even remember why we hate each other? We were the best of friends! Our parents were the best of friends!!"

   Buttercup looked around desperately for help. She wanted to scream but her voice would have been drowned out by the sound of battle. She wanted her advisor. She was scared for the first time since her parents had died.

   "You told me that you loved me back then." He said almost laughing like a mad man. "You said 'I love you. I love you' and then you said that you hated me! Our parents began to fight, they didnt like my fathers proposal for an arranged marriage. My father shall get what he wants!!!"

   "Crazy fool! Tell me what you mean!"

   "You will marry me!!" He snapped his fingers and two large body guards made of tarts came over holding William. He was a bloody mess and barley conscious. "If you refuse I shall kill him!!"

    Buttercup was suddenly angry. "Why should I care for this fool? Is he not one of your spies? He is! He only got close to me so he could get the war plans from me!"

    The prince shook with laughter. "Silly girl, is that what you think? I know nothing of this man other than his sick intentions."

    "Intentions?"

    "Yes. He came to my castle, saying that you were drafting people for the war. Oh you would have loved to see him beg the way he did! He wanted you to be spared though he didnt even know you! I asked, I said, 'Do you know her?' and he said 'no'!!"

The prince laughed again. His laughter was louder than the fighting that was so near now. His laughter was scarier, then the approaching danger. Buttercup had to get out of there, she knew that, but she needed to know more.

   "Yes I said. No harm will come to her! I told him to come back to me soon and I would make sure that you were safe! So he came before he trained and I... lets see, how shall I put this? Took care of him. I needed him for this negotiation."

   "You are mad! Absolutely mad!"

   "And here you thought he was a spy! No, my spy was Todd. He was supposed to turn everyone against you. Unfortunately that didnt work out." He advanced on her once more. "So what will it be marriage, or his life?"

   Buttercup stumbled onto the dusty road again but this time on purpose. A caramel filled canon ball flew over their heads, just missing the prince. While he was dazed she kicked his legs out from under him and grabbed his sugar sword. She sat on his chest and pointed it at his throat.

 

 



© 2011 Amber Tasch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor William. I still love him. And I guess now I'm not liking Todd. I didn't see that coming. But you know, in a way he was still telling the truth.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well that answered the question o why the prince was mad. Excellent read and great story. Very suspenseful, makes you want to keep reading. Well Done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i so want to punch the prince right now. >:( wonderful work either way though :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011
Tags: land, candy, chocolate, lollipop, corruption sweet, war


Author

Amber Tasch
Amber Tasch

Not in one!, RI



About
i would rather draw but my friends wanted me to get one of these look me up at [email protected] more..

Writing
CxR CxR

A Story by Amber Tasch