Movie Confusion

Movie Confusion

A Story by Alice
"

I wander through my house, searching for that one particularly evasive movie.

"

One dull Saturday afternoon, tired of sitting in front of my computer writing scripts, I decided to watch a movie. Nothing good was on TV so I turned to the corner where my movies are [mostly] kept. Most of the cases were dusty- blame my poor housekeeping. I glanced casually at the titles, waiting for something to catch my eye. After scanning three shelves I came to a realization; nothing but Disney inhabited my shelves.
   It took several moments for this to sink in. When it finally did, I scanned over the titles once more, trying to make some sense of what I'd discovered. I certainly remembered buying non-Disney movies. I'd saved for a month to get that deluxe edition Rent DVD. Not to mention my personal collection of anime DVDS and Stephen King films.
   By now I was panicking. My anime was one of my most prized possessions. Searching another case of movies, I discovered my father's John Wayne collection and my mother's 'chick flicks,' but still my movies were nowhere to be found. Frantically I checked another of out movie cases, all the while trying to tell myself that there was no need to worry; my movies would show up eventually. When, much to my horror, my movies were not on the third [and final] of our communal shelving units, I was ready to hit someone, namely my sister.
   As much as it would have made me feel better, I didn't go beat up Emily. Instead, I turned to the one place they shouldn't have been- the sea of decay; also known as my bedroom.
   I waded through the debris, most of it nothing more than books, dictionaries, old spirals full of stories, leftover, and forgotten bits of old costumes, luggage, shoes, knick-knacks, and the like. Finally making it the eleven feet across the room, I stared at my white bookcase, moving my corkboard, spice bottles, pocky boxes and empty Ramune drinks for a better view. All my movies were there: Helsing, Furuba, Rent, Rose Red, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Little Women, Digimon Adventure (4-6), Sailor Moon (1-4), and even Pokémon 2000, all safe and sound.
    I sighed loudly, relieved that my movies were okay. Grabbing my favorite, one of the many versions of Alice and Wonderland, which occupied my shelves, I set to watch my newly found movie. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find my VCR.
   I sighed, “It's gonna be a long day.”

© 2008 Alice


Author's Note

Alice
This is based on actual events.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on March 21, 2008

Author

Alice
Alice

Winder, GA