The Day Before - 1

The Day Before - 1

A Chapter by AlexxRichie

My apocalypse happened overnight. Not anyone else’s, but my very own. I guess I’m special that way. I used to have a family and friends, like most guys my age, but that went to the wayside after they were all wiped.

            For so long we lived as a family, harmoniously. I heard people say that too much of a good thing ended sourly. I wish I‘d thought more on that. Or at least clung onto what I thought was the reality of it all.

Welcome to the succeeding city of Boma, where our trees are green, our lake is clear, and our city zones are beautifully balanced. The day before The Wipe, I had just finalized where I’d be going to school in the fall semester. I was so ready to leave my gleaming metropolis to experience bigger and better things. Ready to give my mind and soul some breathing space. Right now breathing space seems like such a rarity.

It’s funny to think that the apocalypse wasn’t caused by a huge meteor. Or global warming that would kill the polar bears before frying us. Or a collision with another planet or some bullshit. My parents always talked about how humans would be the downfall of, well, humanity. That our capacity to love also contained a larger capacity to hate, and that’s what would send us down the tube. They were close.

It never occurred to me that the world could end in my own backyard, without anyone blinking an eye.

It never occurred to me that the end of the world would simply be a change in perspective.



© 2015 AlexxRichie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on April 28, 2015
Last Updated on April 30, 2015


Author

AlexxRichie
AlexxRichie

Tulsa, OK



About
About to go to school for pre-med basics, but I'm working on a major project alongside and would love support to keep me going! more..

Writing
2 2

A Chapter by AlexxRichie